Reviews for Jumping To Conclusions
JimChou chapter 1 . 5/4/2019
Good story, bitter-sweet I would say. Ezra will always have to face trust issues... Loved how Chris is totally supportive for once as is Vin.
NotTasha chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
I love this! I love how you translated Ezra living above a Saloon, to his living in a casino hotel. It's so perfect, totally in line with his OW character and for his FAM character. The others are all believable in their reactions, but I totally love Ezra's "stepfather". Nicely done
Sackofnachos chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Very nice story! Love this AU. The characters are all well done, which is a huge thing for me.

My one pet peeve in fanfic is that Ezra lets the guys off a bit too easily, IMO, when they question his integrity/character/trustworthiness/etc. It's a big deal to impugn someone's character like that.

Maybe it's just the vindictiveness in me, but I'd make JD twist a bit. What he did was not cool. It's nice Ezra can let it go so quickly, but there's something not very satisfying about that, lol.

Other than that, I loved everything about the story. The idea that Ezra lives in a suite above a casino owned by an ex-step father (and free of charge) is very creative and believable. A nice twist.

Also liked that Chris was so adamant that Ezra was trustworthy, and it was very in character to have Nathan (and even Josiah) wonder.

JD was a surprise but it was very well done, and where he was coming from was explained very well. But, dewd, Ezra just saved your life two weeks ago, give the guy a break!

Loved the character of Ralph, too, and that he was so protective of Ezra.

Also, Ezra in his socks in the bar! Don't know why I liked that, but I found it very cute and added to the believability of the story, that he'd be so comfortable in the place and known enough no one would even question it. It's Ezra's home.

Excellent story, thanks for sharing! :)
jaws chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
very good story, interesting character development. Can't wait for more!
sfulton229 chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
Wonderful followup to the first story. Great how the team is so worried about Ezra and that his attempts to keep them at arm's length are failing. I'm sure seeing the six of them approach the desk with determination would spook most anyone. Love how Ralph Crow is so protective of Ezra and treats him like the step son Ezra really still is. Not surprising that Ezra gave him the head's up about Maude and doesn't realize how much Ralph cares about him. JD's accusations and questions really hurt Ezra and you showed that very well; Ezra wasn't going to stay but wasn't going to do anything to hurt JD more. That was so wonderful of Chris to back Ezra completely and Vin to go give Ezra his support. Glad that they are bonding so nicely and nice bit with Inez in there. Thank you so much for posting this one and I'm really enjoying this AU.
bookaddict43 chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
I like protective Ralph and that JD is, for once, not the understanding one. Nathan's horror that someone lives at a Casino is well done and I like the Vin and Ezra interaction.
Carly chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
I think you need to do some research on the NSA. Despite much confusion in the fanfic and entertainment worlds, it is not a law enforcement agency and is not really peopled with agents: it is an information bureau attached to DOD, and the largest employer of mathmaticians in the world (or so they like to purport). It's employees are principally mathmaticians, computer programmers, linguists, and encryption specialists. They do have a website, if you want to take a look.
subtleshadeofgrey chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Thanks so much for putting this up, it's one of my favourites. I love the Air Marshal series and this particular story has Ezra just perfect - nice to see a supportive ex step father for a change. Also nice to see a less than perfect JD, not that I don't love him, I love them all, but he can be a little too sweet sometimes. I know that these are not new stories but if you were inclined to write again in the fandom I would love to see more of this series, especially Ezra & Vin or Buck.