Reviews for Lavender
ARFess96 chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
I absolutly love this story. I am a huge fan of the 60" and your story was spot on. I love the 3 party point of view. They captured the feelings and emotions that must have been in the atmosphere at Woodstock. Absolutly amazing! This by far the best story I have read that has been submitted in this contest.
twilighter.cullen chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
You totally own me.

That's all I have to say.

That was such a piece of art...

Passionate and Lovely

you can touch their love and need...

Their sweetness and you truly know that they're meant to be.

So tangible, I could see everything like a movie in front of my eyes.

So, yeah, thanks for this.
cigarettesmokerfiona chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Very beautifully written, quite literally breath-taking.
fanfictionfic chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
So lovely. It reads like poetry. The descriptions are insanely beautiful, poetic and lush with life. The POV made it completely sensual.
susayq chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
This story was amazing! I love how you used 2nd POV to describe Edward and Bella and what the nameless person watching was feeling as well as seeing. Just amazing!

~Susan
Merkle chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
I do not think that this story could have worked without doing it from an outside POV. I love the descriptions within it also...it also kind of reminded me of a commercial...like I could hear the slow talking smooth voice narrator the whole time. :-D It was awesome!

Merkle
the-glory-days chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
This was absolutely stunning. I don't even know what else to say. The emotions, the imagery, the way it was written was just beautiful. I felt like I was there, living in the moment, swaying to the music. This was brilliant. ~Jen
nicnicd chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
God, this was gorgeous. I absolutely loved it.

The song lyrics woven in, a bit of it here and there, making

their way into the thoughts of this mystery person as they watched the two of them was a great touch. I'm imagining Joe's raspy voice in my ear as I read, and it's a perfect background.

This is lovely, and it just flows so well, and makes ME feel high right along with them. And I loved the second person narrative, witnessing this beautiful act of love, and just aching for their own.

Bravo!
Love Pollution chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
SO. GOOD.

Not only is it completely UNF worthy but just absolutely beautifully written. Outstanding work.
Lethologica86 chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
This has to be the most AMAZING thing I have ever read in . You seriously have me mesmerized!

I think I'm just in love with you. The point of you in this story is nothing short of BRILLIANT and the back story that you gave to it was spectacular.

I am truly impressed with you and that does not happen often.

Please tell me you'll write something new soon!
thewasofshall chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
I love the way you've written this. First I thought it was in Edward's point of view, then Bella's, and then, when I figured out it was a nameless person's, I thought your depiction of Edward and Bella's sexual act (considering what the AOE prompt was) was really unique. Especially your fluid use of second-person narration (most people don't do this but it works really well here). I didn't attend Woodstock and I've never been on acid but just your sheer mastery of the poetic nature of prose makes me feel like I'm experiencing what's happening in this piece as this person does. I always think I'm particularly adept at writing beautifully and then I read pieces like this and I say, "Wait, this is brilliant. There goes all my bloated talent."
stella luna sky chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
You blow my mind with your art, with your poetry. I can't even call this writing, because that evokes images of grocery lists and adolescent homework - this, this is what authors strive to be, thirty years down the road, when they're watching their children play and wondering why they didn't reach enough people with their testament on life. You have a gift.
eyebrows.up chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
OH.

WOW.

I want this Edward all to myself! I could picture everything with so much clarity it was CRAZY.

I want YOU to love!
twilight-fanficwriter chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
I LOVE THIS. So fresh, so new, so beautiful. Also, UNF.
frykfryk chapter 1 . 6/5/2009