Reviews for Lavender
Babette12 chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Okay, I broke my rule of waiting till this weekend so I could get other things done! You have no reason to be intimidated! In fact, I am. The stream of consciousness you wrote is flawless. You really invoked the sense of being high (I think, personally never experienced it LOL!), and of floating in a haze while watching the actions of others around you. I also really enjoyed the 2nd POV angle. That's truly unique. Very few can write that and pull it off, and you did wonderfully. Congratulations!

Also, I love Joe Cocker!
philadelphic chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Dangalang, that is some blissed-out poetry my friend. I am in awe.
Rochelle Allison chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
absolutely gorgeous. very sensory and sensual; vivid and dreamy, ethereal and soft. i like the approach too; innocent voyeurism on our favorite couple. ;) this was a really neat, unique read and the manner in which you wrote it perfectly captured the trippiness of the time.
wish-upon-a-midnight-star chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
I really like this story. It is very psychedelic and not to mention a very different perspective in which we get to glimps at Bella and Eddie's relationship through the eyes of an outsider. Very cute and well done.

I hope to see more of your writing soon

doitforyou chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Reading this without holding your breath is impossible. It just goes and goes and goes and once it's done, you're just...there. Exhaling.

These are words and sentences crafted lyrically together and I could hear the harmonica in Amazing Grace and it was an emotional experience and I was there. This was me. I believe it.

/I/ want somebody to love.
le moulin chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
This is not just a story, it's an /experience/. I'm not even sure how to review this properly - I don't feel as if I have adequate words.

It's gorgeous, really. Your words and the way you chose to put them together to make these sentences and paragraphs that just...they transcend fanfic. Seriously. Amazing.

Absolutely. Amazing.
just recycling chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Absolutely beautiful! It's very Last Thoughts on Woody Guthrie meets Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test with a hint of Kesey.

I love that it highlights how something can be so emotinoally beautiful by making it seem so dirty for the narrator to be watching. I can just feel the dirt caked on the narrator's scrubbed skin and still sense that same amazement at something so certain. The idea that it's so beautiful that Edward and Bella may not even be real is so perfect.

All in all, this is practically pure literary genius. Love it. I'm not really a Twilight fan, but I really enjoyed reading this.
babybird66 chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Wow. Those were my exact words when I finished reading this. I am speechless. This was incredible. The way you described the feeling of being on LSD and the imagery was just incredible. There were never too many metaphors or similes-everything just worked perfectly. This was such an incredible one-shot words can't even describe how great this is. I am putting you on alert and I cannot wait to hear more ideas from you!
MrsFreiden8 chapter 1 . 6/4/2009

The stream of words and the poetic way they wove together in second person was just.. amazing. Wow. I felt like I was right there, like I was that high.

I can't believe this is your first story. Write more.
kelseycjim chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
This was one of the most beautiful things I have ever read.
Crispy Anakin chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
That was a beautiful story to read. It came across as poetry and the images you painted were gorgeous. I hope you continue to write.
The Age of Edward chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
This was great! Thank you for your submission. It is being added to the contest! :)
Ellie747 chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
this was amazing! i loved all the lyrics interwoven in the sentences. that was an awesome idea.

and every time you described something i thought of it was a sort of glittering surface-sort of like i was high too. that was amazing imagery you used! congrats! i can't wait to read more from you. XD
BeingNonsensical chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
wow! That was so intense! Great literally left me breathless...
contreplongee chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Sometimes, I'm positive you own the entire world with your words.
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »