Reviews for The Flowers of the Field
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
This is so gorgeous! I've read it over and over and I'm still not tired of it. Beautifully done. (:
Sekihara Tae chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Outsider/original character POV is a challenge and often hit or miss. This was definitely a hit. Not only was the view of Sheppard great, but Faralith was interesting in that she grew so much from this event - was growing even as it was happening. I really enjoyed it.
scifi-karis chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
Great short story. I like how you brought in some history/traditional stuff with the girl and the flower!
Gracie Holmes chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Beautifully written. I loved it! :)
Iratus chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Brilliant piece of writing. Loved every word!
Tari Roo chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
Outsider POV \o/ (arms of yay!)

and hurt!sheppard.

What more could a reader want... well a great deal more but filled so many holes, hit so many spots... all good!

thanks!
Potterworm chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
This was really unique and really interesting. I really liked the voice of the main character.
Kaizoku-Taii chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Wow, a heartwrenchingly well written story! you have an Amazing skill to really show the horrible bleakness of John's condition and yet the odd, warm comfort that the girl (forgotten her name...) brought. And the ending was so powerful! Loved this story, bravo

clapclap

Kai ]
Space1Traveler chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
You write the bestest stories.
SuperMiss chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Powerful story, gut wrenching and really well written. Thanks for sharing, thanks for this.
T'Pring chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
A lovely festival of whump: broken legs and heroic guilt ;-) I really enjoyed the looking back POV of the girl. Had a nice glow of memory about the feeling. Thanks for sharing!

t'pring
Sky3428 chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
This was quite a compelling story. Faralith tells a story of her youth, of how she grew up, of her encounter of an injured, fevered, dying John. She was 15, with all the trappings of a teenager of her culture. She was a bit portentious, selfish but yet her inner strength came forth as she first tried to help save Sheppard, then as she kept him company, providing some sense of comfort to a dying man. I shivered, imagining Shep trapped and in pain, dying from dehydration, starvation, shock, infection, exposure to the elements. I see his slowly ebbing resolve, that his team will find him. Yet he still fights. Why he couldn't wait and had to escape the prison? Was his life in danger? Was he in danger of being transported through the gate? Or was it simply because an opportunity presented itself. His actions ended up comdemning another man to death. That would forever eat at his soul and yet, he renews himself with the bonds and support of his team. Faralith described John to the T. I really enjoyed this. Thanks.
LilRicki chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
Lovely coming of age story.

:-)

-LilRicki (aka Pansy Chubb)
Arem chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

kirroth chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
That was just beautiful. Like others, I was a little worried reading the summary, that the dead man would be Rodney or Ronon. Poor Sheppard, to lie there in what had to be excruciating pain, next to a dead man, for days. I started out disliking the main OC, but liked her in the end because of the change she went through, which I'd be willing to bet was your intention. Wonderful job. And I hadn't expected her to find the flower under John, that was a really nice touch/surprise.