Reviews for On the Dodge
beckini chapter 3 . 10/1/2015
EXCELLENT!
beckini chapter 2 . 10/1/2015
Sam & Dean meet Butch & Sundance. Of course I love it!
beckini chapter 1 . 10/1/2015
Excellent story! Beautifully written.
Ibara-hime chapter 3 . 3/1/2013
This is heart breaking perfection.

I hope you continued writing. I'd be on withdrawal once I read all your SPN stories.
MeAzrael chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Ok, no matter whether you'll ever answer or not – I just hope you're still reading :-) Cause you just write the most amazing, f...g awesome stories I've read here, and there are some pretty talented people out there in the SPN fanfiction world. I've printed your first chapter before I went to Croatia for a week and I came back and read it and it ended and I nearly panicked, thinking: "Come on, you can't leave me like this, not in the middle of the worlds best Western. This is torture!" Then I found the next chapter waiting on my laptop and I thought: "There is a God. Hallelujah." Every single word - every line is pure gold ... raw and deep and crying for more. You are a writer in the real world, you have to be. Anyway, thanks so much for sharing, this is beauty.

xx Kate
sally chapter 3 . 9/27/2011
you are my most favorite author of all time. across all fandoms, all shows and books and movies, i have never encountered someone as talented as you. i have read ALL your stories of wincest, and am now quite eager to get into the sherlock holmes fandom just so that i can read your other works.

this story made me giggle and cry (!) and scowl, and there is nothing i would ever, ever, ever change about it.

i hope you never take this down, and i hope you write again soon, and i sincerely hope that you are out there now, writing novels and being published, being the next jk rowling. you deserve all the best.

please never stop writing!
saltandburnboys chapter 3 . 4/19/2011
I knew it was Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid from the cliff bit; what a perfect analogy to the boys! Such a great story, I actually cried at the end like I do everytime in the film! I was hoping the boys wouldn't meet the same fate though (tear!) but I suppose wouldn't have been the same if they hadn't! Fantastic story- loved it. Got the boys down to a tee! xx
Rae Montgomery chapter 3 . 10/24/2010
This has to be one of the most amazing fics I have ever read. You make it seem like the most natural thing in the world that Sam and Dean should be together and love each other. And when they're together they just seem so pure and selfless, like they are finaly who they were always meant to be. The last lines were heartbreaking, but it was the perfect end for them, I cant see them going out any other way. :)
LostCause789 chapter 3 . 6/30/2010
This story was absolutely amazing. Your writing is beautiful. I was so engrossed in every second of this.

I love how even in the old west, they're still Sam and Dean. They still travel everywhere, fight evil. I loved how Dean treats his horse like the Impala...so loyal. I also loved the little facts and stuff you used to set the time line. Idaho becoming a state, bicycle invention, president assassination (I'm assuming Garfield? Or maybe McKinley? I'm bad at history.)

I honestly wish I had a better way to articulate how I felt about this story. All I can say is that you write beautifully and I loved every second of this. The ending made me cry! Here I go to read your other stories! Great job. :)
magni chapter 3 . 12/9/2009
Wonderful story! I'm pretty much speechless at the moment. I've never been so engrossed in a story like this, especially an AU one. Love how you developed the characters and atmosphere for this particular "western" setting as well as your style of writing in general. The details in this story are just amazing. Again, absolutely wonderful~ Keep up the excellent work!
PrivateBozz chapter 3 . 6/19/2009
Man. I wish my english was better.. I'll try.

I feel this story. I feel the boys, I feel their life, the way they go. I feel their cowboy-versions. They make sense the way you wrote them. Everything you changed about their history (or the way you make tham talk) still feels perfectly harmonious, which I guess is one of the major difficulties when you do AU. To change but to stay true at the same time. It seems to be no difficulty to you.

When I first read that you were writing on a Cowboy-AU I was thinking 'Brokeback Mountain'. I love this movie, but it was too obvious for my taste. But when I started reading, I realized that I had been totally wrong. I was from time and again reminded of 'Young Guns'. I don't know if you've seen it, but this movie led me emotionally in a similiar direction. The desperation when the members of Billy's gang entrench themselves in the house, the total hopelessness of their situation. Only that with *Sam* and *Dean* and your superb writing it was even more intense.

That's the word for the whole story: intense. When you let them be hunted by the demons on and on and on, it wore me down. And it was such an *unbelievable* relief when they jumped into the river! I didn't care if they died, I just wanted them to be free.

That brings me to another point. Death is sad and tragic, but what really makes my heart rip apart is when they can't get together (e.g. like in 'Gone Again' and 'Look the Other Way'). Imo death can be the perfect ending for a story, and though I would have been sad I wouldn't have minded them dying in the end of this story. But you did something else, and I LOVE it. You created tragedy and sadness but combined them with *hope*. With a tiny flicker of optimism. It gave me goosebumbs and took my breath away at the same time. I can't think of a better ending for *any* story. I don't know if it's your idea or if you took it from 'Butch Cassidy...' (I'll know soon, because I just have to see it now), but either way it's perfect.

My only complain is (and is with almost every fic you've written) that it's too short. It's longer than most of them are, but it's over too soon. I'd love to get lost in it for a really long time, to make myself a little at home there. 'On The Dodge' had the potential to make it epic, lots of parts, lots of adventures, lots of insights into the fascinating characters you make out of Sam and Dean. Haha, I feel like an addict..

Parker and Longbaugh - I don't know if this is supposed to be a 'Way of the Gun' reference (Ryan Phillippe's and Benicio DelToro's characters use the same aliases) but I guess they've just taken them from wherever you did.

So.. Do you know what really frustrates me? I wish there was something I could give you in return.

Thank you so much, again.

Yara
Orange Autumn chapter 3 . 6/14/2009
Agh, that was so good! I cried like a baby at the end. Really loved this AU. Again, you are amazing!
McB chapter 3 . 6/8/2009
Aw, good story! I loved reading it! Is there going to be a sequel?
Nfinity chapter 3 . 6/7/2009
Oh my god. I'm flailing on the inside at the sheer epicness of this story. I swear, I am in absolute raptures. You have to be one of the most amazing writers I've ever encountered. Seriously. Even if the basic plot (and lines of dialogue) are taken from the amazing William Goldman, you still make it all so real and believable. Your descriptions of the landscape, the mood of the story, it's just. Amazing. If you've ever considered become a full-time writer, an author, or anything having to do with creativity and words, you should. Most definitely.
annie200 chapter 3 . 6/7/2009
I just loved this even though it made me cry at the total trust and belief that Sam and Dean have in each other. The last paragraph was just about perfect!