Reviews for Bitter Freedoms
queenforbes chapter 50 . 6/14/2014
It took me a couple of hours-hours that I could've spent revising for my oh-so-serious exam on Monday-to read this but I REGRET NOTHING!

Okay, on a more serious note.

This story was beautiful. You managed to capture all of the characters extremely well-Sweeney's character, especially; I simply adore how you had the whole "be a father" thing pushing at him-and also, instead of revenge, you had survival? That was a stroke of pure genius, in my opinion. I love how all the characters weren't one-sided; you made sure every character had some good and bad in them. For example, the Beadle was feeling guilt over everything that had happened, almost enough to push him to the brink of madness and the Judge recoiling after Johanna mistook him for her father was absolutely amazing.

The only thing I'd have to say to improve would be to use less flowery, technical language, you know? Go simple otherwise people lose interest. In my case, I sorta skimmed through the bigger paragraphs and got to the bits with less in them so I'd still have some idea of what was going on. Also, the same could be said for the speech-while it takes a little getting used to, you should also try making it simpler. Usually, people don't say, "gain closure," or "intend on inviting him to dinner"-while amusing, they normally go for easier things to say like "close the door on that one, would yeh?" or "No, mate, I want to take him to a dinner party-of course, I want to drop the rotter in the Thames!" My examples aren't that good...

I also love the father-daughter interaction between the two-I'm a sucker for family-love things, you see. The chapters you had them apart tore at my soul-so did the movie, come to think of it. Yes, the bit where Sweeney sang, "And I'll never see Johanna-no, I'll never hug my girl to me!" always has me tearing up but I'm glad you let them be happy together in the end.

Anyway, I also want to add how I've been chuckling through this last chapter. John has always been a very dear character; I'm glad you kept him alive and as they casually roll the dead Judge through the dirty streets of Victorian London, making sure to bump and crash him into any obstacles-the Constable bit was especially amusing-, before deciding to just throw him into the River Thames-, you made me laugh.

This is a very long review-probably to make up for the lack of reviews for your chapters. Your story is charming and now I am off to eat (you made me discard food) and revise (you made me discard my exams).

Also-quick question: from one writer to another (well, technically, I'm a wannabe writer because I'm not that good), how do you plan out your stories? I've been asking around and checking on the Internet, but I just need to see a way people usually push out their stories.

Right. And that's the end of the review. I hope the length of this didn't put you off...

:D
Anon chapter 50 . 7/4/2013
Please, I beg of you, finish this story. One final chapter to give us closure! You probably won't even see this, but if you are reading this I want you to know that this is an amazing fic. It's truly a joy to find a Sweeney Todd fic this fantastic. There were many parts that I just cried at. Even though it's been ages since you updated, I still have faith you will return with the final chapter someday.
Redejeka chapter 50 . 3/8/2013
Woah! Woah! Woah! You have to put the last chapter up. Plsss... Haha...

This story's amazing! Brilliant! :))
julia.rosey8839 chapter 50 . 11/10/2012
Oh my god! this story is fantastic! and it has a happy ending. i swear i nearly cried when he became sweeney todd and the storyline started repeating itself, but then all through it there was a tiny bit of hope that things would turn out right as they knew each other... and it did! thank you so much!
JiffyFrose chapter 50 . 9/1/2012
I 3 your story! 3 3 3! I hope you will write more Johanna and Sweeney father/daughter fics. You're really good at it :)
Vi-Violence chapter 50 . 6/9/2012
This is a truly amazing piece of work, 50 chapters! Amazing, please finish it, it seems wrong to leave this marked incomplete, oh, and I saw one typo in this chapter, when Sweeney wasn't wearing a shirt, you said bear chest, and I'm pretty sure you meant bare chest.
ENERGY chapter 49 . 4/5/2012
Oh you pulled it off Moonlit! What a chapter! Wow has little Johanna come a long way. I love how she laughed at Turpin down there and tried to assist in positioning the blade. What a story! I love it! can't wait to read 50! I hope you are going to write another story. I guarantee you that I will be reading it. So let us fans know what your next story is! Thanks for the entertainment...i almost forgot how mesmerizing and captivating your writing is... ENERGY
Solve violence with more chapter 50 . 1/14/2012
Aww where's the next chapter? Thank you for the awesome story so far, hope you finish it. Made me feel so many different emotions.
Solve violence with more chapter 36 . 1/14/2012
I hate you so much right now. If this has no happy ending I'm writing a coldblooded torture Fic where everyone in the the time period dies at the hands of the ghost of Sweeny Todd.
Sean Mulligan chapter 30 . 12/14/2011
The Beadle guy is bluffing. Turpin wouldn't let him put Johanna in Newgate and if Turpin knew that Beadle had his eye on Johanna, Beadle would be on the next ship to Botany Bay.
Sean Mulligan chapter 19 . 12/14/2011
How would the soldiers in Africa have recieved word about the escapees from all away in Australia. They didn't have telegraphs back then.
Sean Mulligan chapter 16 . 12/14/2011
Turpin can't be that powerful. Not even a member of the Royal Family or a member of parliament could make a credible threat like the ones Turpin is making. Their thousands of miles away from Britain and the Head Guard is of equal rank with Turpin.
SightlessSeer chapter 24 . 10/1/2011
Awesome story... no, beyond awesome!
liebedero chapter 50 . 9/12/2011
I've read this whole amazing beast in less than two days. i cannot wait. CANNOT. wait for your concluding chapter. This was simply fantastic.
Debona chapter 50 . 9/3/2011
I have read lots of Sweeney Todd fan fictions, but this one was the greatest. The story you wrote melted in the original, you managed to keep the personality's of the characters intact and yet you didn't fall into writing absurd things so you can tie one event to another. The plot was spotless and sensation you transmitted was that of Sweeney Todd and not ideal Sweeney, you didn't mold him to your personality like other authors do. Well done and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.