Reviews for Fear and Malice
grindly chapter 11 . 12/1/2014
This fic is beyond incredible. The writing is brilliant and well thought out. Jonathan and Harleys friendship is an absolute delight to read. I cried at the flashbacks. You really brought the asylum to life. I totally texted my friends about how damn good this fic is as I was reading it and how emotional I was.
I would absolutely love to read the rest of this story. Thank you for writing it.
Anonymous chapter 11 . 11/25/2014
It's so upsetting that you never finished this. This is absolutely the best Fanfiction I've ever read, and it's unbelievable you don't have more recognition for it.

I know I'm just one person, but I would love it if you took up writing this again, and I'm positive there are more like me out there looking for work as good as this to be continued. Best of luck to you wherever you are.
astrumadamas chapter 11 . 9/29/2014
Firstly, the previous chapter made me wonder what Crane would be like if he had a good father-figure when he was young that protected him. Second, this story is really fascinating. Third, what you see is known as the trilby. It is a subspecies of fedora best recognized for the circumcised brim, and yes, it does not look good on anyone. A proper fedora fits, has a wider brim, and many are made of wool or felt. Also, with some of those, out is necessary to put the crease in yourself.
Fell4 chapter 4 . 3/16/2014
Gosh, I love Jack. He's hilarious. Also, fantastic.
chelliebear4 chapter 11 . 1/19/2014
So I just finished finished binge reading this and my response is simply this: PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY FINISH THIS PLEEEEASE! While I am a strong HQxJ fan, your version of Crane is not only the only one I like but the only other person I can see her with besides Mr. J! And Uuugh I just wanna read more! Mostly I want to see what happens to Sherri and Cranes Grandmother, preferably extremely horrible (only that will satisfy my rage towards these bitches, death is too good for them!). Also I really wanna see what's up with Pam and that douche bag. Last but not least I want Crane to see the darkness in Harley and admit (if only to himself) that he likes her, maybe Scarecrow too one can only hope. Anyways Iwant to end this rant by saying thank you so much for righting this, I've been in a fanfic restless mood because besides the usual non updates, I haven't read a really good couldn't stop if I wanted to story in such a long time and this was exactly what I needed. :)
KrnYong chapter 7 . 2/27/2013
I'm re-reading this, and just out of curiosity- why would the blood pudding/sausage be leaking "crimson rivulets"? From all of my experiences with blood sausage (which I admit to being a fan of :P) the blood is always thoroughly cooked so it's dark and spongey in texture, not liquid or red in any way. Just a small thing that was bugging me. Everything else was very much awesome. :)
Cannibalistic Skittles chapter 11 . 2/18/2013
I've read this through in its entirety, and I am absolutely transfixed. I love that it took them so long to form a friendship, and that, even still, he plans on figuring out what it would take to break her - so, they are utterly in-character.
If you ever do come back to this, the update would be entirely welcome, but even if not, what you've posted is absolutely wonderful! ouo
transpreussen chapter 11 . 10/1/2012
Hello there! I just finished reading the story, and let me tell you, I think it's completely amazing. I like your writting style, the realism of your OCs and, well, I generally like it. It's the type of story that makes me think "get on your butt and go write something worth publishing!"
Anyway, I'd also like to say that I enjoy reading the notes after each chapter, and find them very interesting to read. And, of course, I learnt a ton of things with them, so thank you, really ;)
The only thing I have to point out: it could be just me, but I also thought of DID as soon as April mentioned memory losses. And, although I'm very interested in psychology and intend to study it, I am by no means an expert (obviously). My point being, I find it a bit odd that Harley didn't consider it. Or, as I already said, it could be just me.
Oh, and by the way, nice touch with all the Bat rogues cameo appearences ;)
I only have one question: Was Bruce already being trained by Ra's when Jonathan was 'introduced' to the League of Shadows?
Anyway, the story is excellent, and I apolagize for any grammar mistakes in this review; I'm not English, and through I'm not bad at it...well, as Joker says in The Joker Blogs, nobody's perfect :p
Hope to see an update soon :)
Somene chapter 11 . 9/21/2012
I will join the hordes of reviewers begging for an update. This story is one of the best Batman fanfics I have ever read and I implore you to continue it.
x-Goody2Shoes-x chapter 11 . 7/23/2012
I notice it's been a while since this has been updates - I really hope you haven't given up on it as you've not only nailed Nolan Crane but you've creayed a perfect Nolan style Harley. I'm loving all the cameos by other characters, glimpses into their past, and their snarky debates. Jonathan's backstory honestly made me want to simultaneously cry, hug him, and rip his mother's hair out. And repeat. A really excellent addition to the fandom, hope you update soon!
UFOO9000 chapter 11 . 7/11/2012
Oooooohhhhh! I would have loved the whole chapter! Really. The longer the better! Especially when as well written as this!

I am sad this was not updated in a while, I really hope you continue!

Puella Pulchra chapter 11 . 6/22/2012
Please continue soon. Please it is so good!

I have to find out what happens next.
HisMagicTrick chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Generally I stick to reading fics that centre entirely on the Joker, but for some reason I decided to give yours a chance. And I am really glad I did. Immediately you've hooked me onto this story just from the first moment that Harley and Crane meet. A lot of people don't seem to understand how to write the latter, and tend to give him a lot of feelings and emotions, justifying it by saying that he is 'human' after all, but in the end he's also a sociopath, so I think it's pretty out-of-character to do that. You, on the other hand, captured him completely, making him cold and condescending, just as he is shown in the film (and mentioning that he is asexual was also a nice touch, as that does seem most likely his sexuality).

Your writing is really quite good, as it is descriptive and you use really good wording. I also love the little explanations and such in your author's notes, as they give greater insight into the story, so thanks for putting those in :)

I'm sorry I couldn't have given you any constructive criticism, as you asked for it in your notes, but so far I have don't anything to actually criticise yet. I only spotted a spelling mistake here or there, but they were barely noticeable.

So far, this is a really great story. :)
Equal-Opportunity-Reader chapter 10 . 1/14/2012
Hope I'm not the only one wishing that Susan and her mother have painful, agonizing deaths?
Racheakt chapter 11 . 10/23/2011
Dark.

I don't know. You seem enamored of the morbid. Yet Crane is unaware of both his own self loathing (as seen in his projecting via young Mr. Wallace) will that become a plot point I wonder?

Harley is interesting. I like how she seems to almost repress her awareness of the darker things in life, yet at the same time manages to confront them so effectively. It screams paradox, and slides to possible future character development.

Somehow... The song 'Judy' by the Corrs comes to mind- at least in retrospect in regards to her relationship with the joker, yet it fits this Harley too... Odd.

I dont like the repeated sexual themes. It is one thing for the patients to be rapists and pedophiles, ect. But the rest of the deviancy serves to purpose but further darkening the mood. Granted, it can be a thematic element, but it seems like you are using it like a crutch here. Strong writeing dosent need something cheap like that.

Also, I understand you are a femenist, please keep in mind that there is feminism and then there is feminism. If you get my drift.

R