Reviews for Baby Gods
Elivra26 chapter 8 . 8/8/2013
This was wonderful! I love sassy Donna stories, she's easily my favourite companion of them all. And I loved the 'medical madmen' quip -it left me giggling for quite a while! Thank you so much for the amazing story!
JaneScarlett chapter 8 . 7/31/2013
Oh... the image of them playing American footbal with the God-egg. Priceless.

this really would make a great episode, with all the features you intended. And it was a neat, contained storyline that would allow the actors to do a great job. Wish that I could see this as an episode! Wonderful story, and was a pleasure to read.
JaneScarlett chapter 7 . 7/31/2013
Didn't think -until I read it- about what would happen to the God-egg once it hatched... and then I had that *slaps head* moment when I realised. Of course... and of course that's why they'd need it before it hatched... A brilliant and perfectly crafted plan.

I am in awe of how much thought went into planning the society and customs. As always, this is a phenomenal job and a pleasure to read.
JaneScarlett chapter 6 . 7/31/2013
ooh, you write Ten so well. His speech patterns and mannerisms... was just reading this and giggling a bit as I imagined him saying: 'Ah. Awkward."

Also... 'The elevator dinged and the doors opened. "Top floor, mystery, mayhem, and medical madmen."
"I thought that was you," Donna muttered.

Seriously... Best. Lines. Ever.
JaneScarlett chapter 5 . 7/31/2013
love, love, love the idea of the chemlocks. (very Willy Wonka, with his musical lock.) Can really picture Donna's horrified look when he leaned over the smell her...

'She studied the room for another way out, but there was no other door and no windows. It's amazing how fast you started looking for the exits when you traveled with the Doctor.'

Sad, but true. I think everyone who travels with him learns that pretty quickly.
JaneScarlett chapter 4 . 7/31/2013
And the mystery deepens...

you've really got quite a talent at storytelling; having just the right amount of suspense and humour in each chapter to drive the action along.

Also, loved the idea of the 'bachelor's version of a nursery.' LOL.
JaneScarlett chapter 3 . 7/31/2013
'The emanations of the god are quite unmistakable. It's not something you can duplicate with heating coils and a light bulb.'

LOL!

Also, got quite a giggle out of the image of the satin cushion, tea cosy and baby blanket...

And -be still my heart- the Alice reference. *happy sigh* Can completely imagine the Doctor being rather cheerfully -and almost irritatingly- curious abut what was going on.
JaneScarlett chapter 2 . 7/26/2013
'Humans are born from eggs."
"Well, yeah, but..." Her eyes widened. "That's gotta hurt." '

LOL!

Love how you put in the history. Little mind-warping with the Gods being the descendents reaching back but it's a great concept.
JaneScarlett chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
I'm picturing a SIMS sort of neighborhood... :)
No, kidding. Great set up, going into the idea that people are people, and even on an alien planet, not everything would be bubbling lava or crazy gravity or something; and even in unfamiliar settings you can find something that feels familiar.
Your writing is so visual; I can really imagine the settings you create.
Moonbeam141 chapter 8 . 7/14/2013
Nice job! I liked the last two sentences.
fuckboy69 chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Okaaaaaaaay... Sure. Let's go with that.
timano chapter 8 . 12/11/2009
A superb story-you capture Donna's character perfectly! (And the Doctor's too!) 10 out of 10 stars.
Genuka chapter 8 . 6/30/2009
This was a great story. You really captured the doctor and Donna. Have you considdered a classical approch? Clash of a couple of gods with the doc caught in the middle or something along those lines? The way you write it would turn out great!
Kyer chapter 3 . 6/11/2009
It's a pity they did Agatha Christie rather than Sherlock Holmes...

Then again, Tom Baker did don the traditional in-the-country Holmes garb for at least one story back in the day. I think it was the Loch Ness Monster one.

Anyway, I keep picturing Faberge eggs and Easter dyes (for fancy occasions like where we would have silk booties and dresses.)
Kyer chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
LOL! I was reading this and the light went out and I thought: "They should have used alkaline batteries instead of those cheap dollar store things."