Reviews for Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird
study chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
I liked it but it's a teensy bit to formal

May The Cheese be with you

Me-chan
A Eternity Of Nonchalance chapter 4 . 11/6/2011
Im enjoying ur story so far but i dont understand something. The part that metions rosalie and her humans and the newborn that she dropped off to the Denalies', where did that come from?
MRS.CULLEN1122 chapter 7 . 12/27/2010
STAY WITH KAAATE!

Wow i cnt belive that kate didnt giv up beimg a subbcumms i guess thats a reason for garett to b a lil bit jelouse

i llooove the two of them together

such a cute couple

!

I NEED TO READ MORE

Plz plz plz plz update a.s.a.p!-_

MRS.CULLEN1122 chapter 6 . 12/27/2010
Oh that was soooo sad

damn im about to

poor vasil and sasha

i freakn hate the volturi now!

MRS.CULLEN1122 chapter 5 . 12/27/2010
I lov this i nvr really expected for all 3 of the sistrs to b pineing aftr edward

seems like he is a ladis man

looooooooovthis

MRS.CULLEN1122 chapter 3 . 12/27/2010
Loooovd it

not much was said about elazer n carmen and then in breaking dawn POOF

Carlisle sure is quet the socialist imagine how many friend requests he must hav on facebook

this fic is awsome!
MRS.CULLEN1122 chapter 2 . 12/27/2010
Aww i lovd this

i always wondered about the denail family and ther story waz sad

there mom died protecting her son.. When i red that i Breaking dawn That part always confusd me

imean how the heck did she hide him like did she just lock him in a basment somwhere?

And then irina dies... Although i didnt really care much when i read the book but its intresting how she had a relashonship woth cauis and then he ends up to be the one to kill her

i guess shes just like vicky and james and she wantd revenge for killng laurnt

anyway srry for my loong ass review i read ur review thing and it inspired me to be a bttr reviewer so im joining the review revolution cuz i kno it suckes when u wrote and not one single review is there

soooooo i lov this fic

cnt wait to c what happns nxt!

Camilla10 chapter 3 . 4/27/2010
Hi Geophf,
Maybe you remember me. Thanks to you the first part of The Parachutist, needing military details, was much more credible (you are credited for it). Now that story, AU and set in Italy during WWII, is finished and posted on ff net too (I am Camilla10 here). Presently I am writing the sequel, which is a very difficult endeavor, because, while I know everything about my country during the war, I don’t know enough about the US in the late ‘40s. For instance I wanted to mention hot tubs to discover that they did not came into use till the ‘60s …
Anyway, at a certain point I’ll have Eleazar, Carmen, Tania and Irina play a relevant part in it. As the lexicon is very uninformative about Eleazar and Carmen particularly, I might take inspiration from the character development you have produced on the Denali coven. If I do I’ll be sure to mention your stories. I hope you don’t mind.
All the best
Laura (Camilla)
Morgan Jones chapter 4 . 3/20/2010
Hi!

Your writing is exquisite.

I've been searching all around the fandom for examples/interpretations/characterizations of a canon Miss Tanya.

I, sort of, portray her in another realm of the fandom and so I'm always looking for references that build on what I already know or have learned.

And I LOVED this leadership perspective, it's one I've yet to see, but one that makes total sense. Although I was confused, given I haven't read your previous work, the piece stood alone for me, which is a great feat on your part. Nonetheless, now I'm intrigued by the story in its entirety.

OH, and that whole succubae effect on women as well, VERY nice.

I created this account so that I could leave you this review to say thank you!

*You have proven my point: I've always found my palate in the more masculine of your kind, and such thirsts should never go unquenched!*

xxoxxTheOriginalSuccubus
massrie chapter 7 . 12/22/2009
Poor Garrett!

That's always the crux of the matter. Never knowing which way to run. To trap yourself, albeit with love, yet knowing that freedom is only a few steps away.

The Denali are exactly as I have always perceived them. Strong, fierce succubi ready and waiting to drain their next "victim." Though I think victim is too strong a word knowing the men they feast on derive great pleasure from it.

I wonder what will happen with Lucas. Though seeing through Garrett's eyes, a male perspective that is, one sees differently. He will see things no mortal has ever seen. Truly there is only one option. He must be changed for the good of the vampire world.

I do hope Garrett takes him for a pint beforehand.
GothicPheonix chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
I always love how thorough you are in your chapters; a great characteristic for any writer. I also love how you give some background to this story as well; as well as this part, :

"I had the pleasure of reading Eowyn77's story "Fair Game" (and you should have that pleasure, too), and it got me to thinking of the Cullen's extended family, the Denali Coven. Here is a gathering of vampires who have lived much longer than Carlisle and have come, on their own, to a decision to abstain from human blood, and have been abstaining for the last two hundred years … that is, longer than any other vampire other than Carlisle.

Oh, and three of them are succubæ.

Oh, and other vampires have joined with their coven, following their choice.

Now, isn't that a much more rich, much more interesting story to tell than the Cullens and Hale and Whitlock and … ? Well, hanywey. Some of you may argue that there's enough source material in the Cullen family, thank you very much … some of you are correct, but I took a fancy to the Denali Coven, thanks to the deft attention that Eowyn77 paid it (and she has the gall to call Tanya her Mary Sue! Mary Sue? With her writing Tanya wasn't Mary Sue, she was, well, Tanya!)

But how to tell their story? A thousand years of it? That's quite a bit of work, now, isn't it? Yes, it is. So, instead of telling their story, I'll ask them to tell it. So, this isn't really a story at all, but a series of loosely connected Chautauqua using Wallace Stevens' poem "Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird." Why use this poem? Well, that will come out in the telling. Oh, and read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Firstly because it's required reading, and secondly, you'll learn (many things, but also, particularly) what a Chautauqua is.

The first story that came to me was: what was Kate thinking as she made her play for Edward. This would be in verse IV. The next story that came to me was why Irina was so cool: so cold and distant. That is verse I."

Not many authors tell us how their idea was formed and what inspired it :) As I've said i love your writing style and how you gave a chapter index to us as well...well actually 'Synopses':

Synopses

Chapter 1 "Apologia": This chapter. Explains the raison d'être and influences of this story.

Chapter 2 "I. Snowy Mountains — Irina": Among twenty snowy mountains Irina, the Yuki-Onna (雪女) sits, coldly waiting for dinner, and contemplates what love truly is.

Chapter 3 "II. Three Minds — Eleazar": Tanya, Irina, Kate. Three entirely different minds, but inextricably linked. Just like my old masters, the three crows (三羽烏): Lords Aro, Caius, and Marcus. Would my new coven replace the seat of power that the Volturi had held for 30 years?

Chapter 4 "I. Autumn Pantomime — Tanya": We all pantomime something, don't we? Lilly and Lucas pretend to be normal high school students on their first day of school this cool Autumn day. While, I, dropping them off, pantomime being the leader of the Denali coven, as I have for the past 450 years.

Chapter 5 "IV. A Man and a Woman are One — Kate": Tanya made her play for him, but he didn't need an intellectual sparring partner. Irina made her play for him, but he didn't need an "FB" (寝しいくん). So now it's my turn. I know what he needs me to be, and Edward, Mommy's coming for you now.

Chapter 6 "V. Whistling or Just After — Vasilii": Mommy. Love you. Play with me?

WARNING! This chapter contains very strongly implied depictions of maternal loss.

WARNING! This chapter contains very strongly implied impressions of the “innocence” of an immortal child.

Chapter 7 "VI. Icicles — Garrett”: I’m an easy going, adventurous bloke in the midst of a den of gorgeous, Slovakian female predators. Succubi. A bloody dream come true, right? Yeah…well…not so much.

And when this first came out...you said not to review it in here..somewhere I think, so I didn't :) But yeah. And I see you know French and Latin or Spanish, too? Cool :) You should become an author; that would be so cool. I'd love to read your fiction if you had any. I hope you had a good day and I hope this review was not sounding like it was the sake for reviewing...because it wasn't supposed to be like that at all. :(
Cirucci2.0 chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
i like this story because you cant really find any garret and kate and i like kate she's a real strong character and i love her power -
EclipsedbyJacob chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
So, I will reply, because it doesn't take a whole lot of effort.

What I initially liked about this apologia is now I know what to expect. It's like being Alice for a moment...And the future looks promising.

Now, understand please that while I am not at all familiar with your choice in prose, or any of the stories you mentioned as prerequisites. But, I'm an all or nothing type of gal, so if I like it, I'll move on. If I don't, well, at least I didn't waste a lot of time gearing up to hate it.

Which I don't. I have only begun to branch into the stories of the other Twilight characters. While, as a writer, I take bits and pieces and twist them for my pleasure, I never really thought too deeply on what those "minor" characters might have been thinking. Its good to gain an introspect, even if it is in an AU setting. Makes me start to wonder...

Anywho, I hope this is considered substantial, and I get my well deserved trophies. I just don't ever win in real life...

P.S. story added...evil, pure evil...

Mwa ha ha!

(You forgot your villain laugh, but don't worry. I got your back...)
EclipsedbyJacob chapter 7 . 10/18/2009
I like Garrett. I liked him from the beginning, and this makes me like him even more. Who doesn't love a tortured soul? Tortured for and by his mate...it's lovely. I mean, what else are women for?
EclipsedbyJacob chapter 6 . 10/18/2009
Hmm...So, thank you for your warning, though I totally didn't listen. The scariest thing for any mom? Seeing a kid in trouble. Its actually hard to take. Almost made me cry, but I'm not really in touch with that emotion...if I can help it, but you tickled it...I'm guessing this is the chapter that got LiLa? I may be wrong, but that's my vote.

It was very original to show this from the immortal child's POV. I never really thought about it, but above everything else, a kid is a kid. Ugh! Way to rain on my parade, geophf.

;)