Reviews for Lex and the Thief
Fearless Fault chapter 19 . 10/17
This story gave me all the feels. It's so wonderful I had to read it all in one sitting.
ShiningAngelEyes chapter 18 . 9/12
I just finished re-reading this and it's as beautiful as the first time. Perfection. Absolute perfection. I have tears in my eyes.
TwistedSystem chapter 19 . 1/1/2014
I was going back through stories I'd put in my favorites list, and I chanced back upon this story. And even now, reading it once again, it still makes me smile, and makes me cry, and overall makes me so very glad to have found it once more. I really hope to someday write something other's would consider almost as good as this. Your style of writing is fluid, your OC very easily likable, and overall plot is very great. I loved this story when I first read it, and I love it just as much now. Maybe even a little bit more. :D
ShiningAngelEyes chapter 19 . 8/28/2013
Okay, so, how to start... I have several points on my checklist that I need to work off.
Right, so first things first: This is by far the most magnificent Fanfiction I've ever read and I've read a lot, believe me. It's absolutely fantastic, I can't even find proper words that could express how much I adored this! Well, may be because I'm german but uh... xD
Seriously though, normally when I read a story and start to love it (which wasn't necessary with yours because from the amount of reviews, the title (so simple yet so appealing) and the summary I could tell that this was going to be great) I normally read a chapter and think "When is this finally over?". I even sometimes lose interest when I see how many words a story has (yeah, that's incredibly stupid, I know, but I can't help it), so I've been very happy when I realized it wasn't the same with this story. In fact, I was always sad and shocked when the chapters ended so quickly... I've loved this since the first words and I favorited it after the third chapter because already then I knew this was going to be my favorite story. I mean I even read it in school during lesson on my phone because I am so addicted to it! I've read it in three days, prolonging it as long as I could because I didn't want it to end and I wanted to enjoy every single word of it. That's why I looked up all the words I didn't understand, so that I could enjoy the whole glory of this. Every morning I wake up this is literally the first thing I think about! ... Alright, enough already :D
So, what I also wanted to say:
Your characterization was the best I've seen in ages! No, wait, the best I've EVER seen! They seem so real it's a shame they aren't. I've always loved Lex, otherwise I wouldn't have read this, but you made him so much more adorable than I've ever expected him to be. And your OC, Mandila, I also love. She's such a great personality which makes it just worse that she's no actual NPC and will never appear outside this story... a real fucking shame, if I may say so. I adore them as a couple and I ship them hardcore ;)
Which also made this story so appealing was your writing style, your word choice and use of language. Seriously, as if you invented english; you can handle it so well, I'm really impressed! Especially the dialogue was a hell lot of fun to read.
In general, the interactions between Mandila and Lex made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, which could also be described as 'a strange sensation in my gut' (especially in the first chapters) and I've always been looking forward to more dialogue. By the way, it's pretty amazing how you kept their conversations so interesting and unique even though there were always the same two people talking. You played with their words so cleverly.
I love it when I can genuinely laugh about certain parts in fanfictions. And gods (loved how you used that referring to the Nine) was this sweet! So incredible! Especially the first chapters. I was just squeeing the whole time reading them, my favorites being chapter 6 and 11 I suppose. I have a soft spot for Mandila having a soft spot for Lex :3 The whole topic about forbidden love had me hooked from the first second and you pulled it all off so well.
I've been spending all my spare time the last three days reading this and I can't even say how much I love and admire you for writing this. You made my whole year!
I'm very sorry that I haven't reviewed earlier but I was just too excited for every new chapter.
The only thing that frustrates me is that you lost interest in writing. (Though I'm like the happiest person ever right now for that you have at least finished this!) It's hard to believe because this seems to be written with a passion I've barely seen shining through in any other fanfiction. Your skill is incredible and it's a shame to see that not being used. Not that I'd force you into writing again, it's your decision after all but we're losing a freaking treasure here. You're amazing, really. Maybe I'll read some of your other stories too because your writing style is just that addictive. But what I know for certain is that the next thing I'm going to do is printing this fantastic piece of literature and take it everywhere I go. That's how much I love it.
Thank you, Ornamental Nonsense, for bringing so much joy to my life. This was a pleasure to read and I'm 100% sure that this wasn't the only time I'm reading this through. I will re-read it again and again. And with it being on paper I won't have any trouble to fear in school anymore ;D
If only the pendant was involved in the last chapter... but oh well, I bet Lex already thought about giving it to Mandila ;)
I must also admit that I've learned a lot of english while reading this. Thank you for that too!
I hope I didn't forget anything, otherwise I'll be adding it in a further review.

PS: You might never read this but I still had the urge to write it for this is far to amazing to be just read and that's it.
Artistya chapter 14 . 7/13/2013
I really liked the story! I've almost broke into tears in the end.

I really like your writing style; characters and setting is very detailed and it is quite easy yo understand the story and the dialogue.
There-goes-a-fighter chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
WoW! I'm so happy I came across this as a competed fanfic
Songlian chapter 19 . 6/25/2012
An absolutely lovely and charming read! I really enjoyed this story from start to finish and it's exactly the type of cute fic I adore. Lex was perfectly in character and I could truly imagine him doing the things he did. Mandila is a very nice OC and I liked her a lot. :) Thank you for writing this and sharing with the rest of us.
Frigidity chapter 19 . 3/24/2012
Just stumbled on this story and thought it was amazing! Really well done 8D When I read the chapter when she was in jail, I couldn't help but think that Viva La Gloria? [Little Girl] by Green Day sorta suited that chapter? Either way, this story was brill :3
Shineira chapter 19 . 1/29/2012
Sweet Mara save me. This story is awesome!

(even if Lex is indeed a fetching idiot xD)

It's well written and it took its sweet time. It didn't have the 'rushed' feeling so many fanfictions have in bringing two characters together. I really liked that.

So, in short, I loved your story. Even if you finished it looooong ago, I feel the need to review and tell you this. 3
thehotmageaeris chapter 19 . 8/30/2011
I couldn't stop reading this, this story was so freaking cute. Seriously, I spent four hours reading this, wtf! XD

Great job! :D
LunaMarr chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Can anybody say Inspiration :D
WidowG chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
I honestly really enjoyed this story. It had very good detail to it. Mybe writig more Elder Scrolls fanfics?
Daerana chapter 19 . 4/27/2011
Very good story. Thank you.
Dark09 chapter 19 . 3/6/2011
Very good fic mate :-)! I've never thought a elder scrolls fic to be this good, but dam I thought wrong lol. Now moving onto reading "slipping into the shadow".

Keep up the great work!
MissKIA chapter 19 . 8/26/2010
One of my favourite fanfics. I love the pairing and the characters and it was very well written. :)