Reviews for To Melt a Frozen Heart
Astlexis chapter 31 . 5/10
I'm sorry I'm so late to this! There's something wrong with the email notifications for this site, and by the time I realized I'd missed it, I sort of forgot before I was able to have time to get back to it.

That's got to be the most relatable connection Tohru can have with Kureno. Arisa thought they were alike with their politeness and sort of clumsiness, but it goes deeper than that. They were both too worried about pleasing others (moreso in canon for Kureno) and worrying about them instead of what they wanted specifically. Tohru was able to separate her identity from her father's, and that's a huge moment of character development for her. But man, it's going to be crazy once word gets out to the others about her and Akito just like she thinks. Can't wait for that drama. Lol

It's looks we are finally getting the closure for Momiji with his family that the anime and manga never gave us! Even if it may end up just being his sister, that's still huge. And I agree about the dad. He always made me mad, too. The dude not only barely has time for him, but just the fact that he was letting his child live alone basically is just so wrong. And the stupid bird feeder gift here just really brought it home. Momiji's whole concert fantasy was very well-done. Yeah, it might SOUND silly in theory, but it's also heartbreakingly sad. I hope he stands up to his dad and they are able to make some kind of progress.
kouga's older woman chapter 31 . 9/17/2023
Momiji deserves some happiness
kouga's older woman chapter 30 . 7/18/2023
I feel bad for Kyo now
Astlexis chapter 30 . 7/16/2023
OMG, YES, IT IS FINALLY HAPPENING! For a moment there, I wanted to condemn that old doctor who knocked at the door during the confession to the deepest pits of hell, and I'm sure Akito did too. XD Glad Tohru kissed him to convey the message more, though.

Haru's conversation with Akito really goes to show what deep scars Akito left on the zodiac as their God. Even though he willingly released them from the curse, there's still suspicion and the need to assure him that they won't put up with anything else. It will take time for Akito to forge any kind of closeness with them as regular human beings aside from Hatori, who they share a genuine father-son bond now. Also, it was interesting to see some speculation on just what exactly Ren's condition could be.
Astlexis chapter 29 . 6/14/2023
Dear lord, Ren totally blew her last card out from under the rug by appealing to Tohru's kindness to possibly avoid jail time. And after seeing how crazy Ren has been throughout this story along with her reaction at the end here, I'm starting to think there may actually be some hope for her. Or maybe I'm naive. XD It was awesome seeing Yuki take a stand here and tell Ren off! And now Akito is getting better, so that will be good!
kouga's older woman chapter 29 . 5/19/2023
Ren is truly disturbed
Astlexis chapter 28 . 5/10/2023
We all know that Ren is vile and crazy. But I have to commend you for somehow being able to expand on her character even more than the source material did what with giving her a real plan (crazy as it is) and really going into her twisted "logic". Anyways, Isuzu was the real hero here with her resourcefulness to bide her time in order to push the hospital call button. It's very heartwarming that she realized she did that for Tohru despite how she still sees Akito.

Oh, man. Here it comes... Kyo is starting to get his heart wrenched finding out Tohru had feelings for Akito. And I don't believe it will end there. That was a very good point Tohru made that Kyo had hurt her too, but she forgave him.

That was some good insight on Shigure's feelings in the aftermath of the curse breaking. It's a good thing, but at the moment I imagine he's feeling a bit lost without that to bring some drama to his life. But then again, it looks like Ren is still trying to provide more than enough of that. She really is nuts to trust that Shigure would still aid her in anything after everything she's done to Rin and Akito and Tohru. But I'm glad he's playing along with her for now, because that's probably the safest course of action in order to stop her once and for all.
kouga's older woman chapter 28 . 5/6/2023
She is truly twisted
Astlexis chapter 27 . 3/14/2023
That was so intense! Everything from Akito fighting to stay alive to his confessions to Tohru and Hatori were heartbreaking. And Tohru's thought about what she worried were words that would just sound to Akito like they were only being directed to a dying man if she said them really has me hoping that it's happening for her now and she realizes she loves him! The hug between her and Hatori was also incredibly heartwarming. He's the dad they all need, and she felt that big time.

Rin and Haru's moment was good with how they're struggling to come to terms with Akito's reformation still and both admitted to each other they weren't completely against pulling the plug on him. And now Rin is starting to regret that emotion, and not a moment too soon with crazy Ren showing up right there in Akito's hospital room. For a fancy hospital (I'm not completely sure if it's a Sohma hospital though?), they sure are lacking security with how that nut job can just sneak in like this! Although maybe Ren won't want to kill Akito hopefully since she seemed to display some regret apologizing to Akira. But hey, she's crazy, so who knows?
kouga's older woman chapter 27 . 3/9/2023
Oh no! Someone needs to get that evil woman!
wave.emma chapter 1 . 2/1/2023
Great fanfic, please update more author! Do you happen to have any fan page or social media i can follow and support?
Astlexis chapter 26 . 12/16/2022
Ren is nuttier than a fruitcake, and she finally crossed the line completely here with her ridiculous Akira belief and stabbing Akito like that. I hope Hatori finds him soon! That was amazing how Akito got rid of the curse himself just by commanding it. I never of it working like that, but it seems possible enough and just shows how much he has changed. The individual curse-breaking scenes for the Zodiac members were really touching and had depth to them that wasn't quite as easy to do in the manga.
kouga's older woman chapter 26 . 12/4/2022
I hope Ren pays!
SweetestChick chapter 26 . 11/29/2022
Wow. Well-done chapter! Sad, sweet ending but I'm sure there's something that can be done for Akito since you like happy endings...I think lol. Part of me wonders if Tohru was able to knock Ren out or if another person showed up. Hmm...

Anyways thank you for updating!
Guest chapter 25 . 11/14/2022
This imo is the best Tohru x Akito fanfic. Amazing work!