Reviews for How to save a life
Alalaes chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
This was unflinchingly real. As my cousin (a nurse) once explained to me: 'It's all blood and shit and puzzle pieces. Sometimes you can smile when you put them back together'. Fantastic dialogue.
mtcbones chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
i'm sorry but this is too dark for me
Shipperness chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
Wow. I haven't read very many stories where I liked the way that Chapel was written but this one was right on the money. I loved the whole tone of the story, it was a very raw and realistic look at the way things affect the medical staff, how personally they take losses. Your characterization of McCoy was also perfect, and i liked the subtlety in his relationship with Chapel. Really, one of my favourites :)
BlueNynaeve chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Whoa! I am blown away. Sad and powerful.
Veritas chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
My God, this is really something. You've managed to capture McCoy's nature perfectly, and this all seems very realistic to me. Well done :)
seren23 chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
This hurt is the absolute best of ways. I think we often forget the fact that the sickbay would see the most horrible of things and yet had to keep on doing their jobs. This is such a wonderful depiction of how things probably are a good part of the time. Your Chapel is strong, competent and wonderfully human in this. Absolutely amazing fic.
Steeldust-01 chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Yes, this is dark and depressing but it is also

an excellent written story about two extremly damaged

people. My heart is aching for both of them.

Thanks for sharing this outstanding fiction!
shopgirl6 chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
awesome writing. love the medical/sick detail and gore (so sue me!) and the way you have given us an insight into these two damaged people. truly outstanding!