Reviews for True Journey is Return
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
This was beautiful! Have you seen the picture 'Forgive Me Brother' by the artist Gold Seven on DeviantArt? If not look it up. The reason I was asking was because I wondering if you saw it and that was your inspriation for this story.
Darkover chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Dear Ithilwen: This is excellent! I have read some of your stories at an old site of yours, but this is the first site I've found that allows me to comment on them. You have an excellent, very descriptive style of writing. Your versions of the sons of Feanor are all very masculine, which may seem like a strange thing to say, but IMHO that is not a common thing in the mostly female-dominated world of fan fiction writing. I'm trying to say that IMHO you have done a very good, very accurate job of writing their characters. You are quite right that Maglor would most likely feel guilt for Maedhros' long imprisonment. Even though he could not, realistically, have made any decision other than he did-for Morgoth would not have released the eldest son of Feanor, no matter what the other sons agreed to-the thought that his older brother was in unending torment as the Dark Lord's captive must have pressed unbearably on Maglor's heart and mind. I liked this story very much; it is very well written. Prince of the Noldor or not, Maedhros has been through a horrific ordeal, and he isn't going to bounce back quickly, with no harm done. I also greatly enjoyed Fingon's protectiveness. BTW, I also heartily agree with Fingon's accusing question to the others-Maedhros was their brother, and none of them even bothered to look for him? Why the hell not? That is something I always wondered about myself! I mean, I understand that there was no point in negociating with Morgoth for his release, as Morgoth was evil incarnate and a father of lies; but that didn't mean the brothers couldn't have tried to find Maedhros on their own! All the sons of Feanor were smart, one of them-was it Celegorm who was the master of Huan?-was supposed to be the greatest hunter in all of Arda, and had his great hunting dog, besides-he couldn't have tracked his eldest brother down? It always seemed to me that they could have found Maedhros if they had been willing to try! Anyway, again, I love this story, which I had not read before. I have read some of your others, at another site, as I said, and IMHO, no one writes Maedhros' as well as you do. While I do not defend or excuse what he did as a Kinslayer, he did many noble and useful things during his time in Middle-earth, and that is part of canon. I'm very glad you wrote and posted this story, and that you have made your Silmarillion stories available here. Sincerely, Darkover
Lunasariel chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Fantastic! I never really thought about Maedhros not knowing Sindarin, especially the Sindarin names of his family, but it is now officially my headcanon.

Another thing I never really thought about was the strain his arm must have taken, bearing his weight for that long. I'm sure they didn't call him "the Tall" for nothing, so I'm now mildly surprised that he still *has* a (functional) right arm. Kudos for realism!

I also love how you portrayed the relationships between the Sons of FĂ«anor: full of tension, increasingly distant, sometimes even violent, but still deeply based on affection. The one between Maedhros and Maglor was especially poignant.
Klose chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Wonderful, if one may sad that about a story with such sad content. Poor Maitimo, clearly (and understandably) traumatised. You've portrayed the conflict between the characters so well, whether it's Maglor versus Fingon, or Celegorm versus his brothers. The characterisations just feel *right*. And I loved details like Huan-the-enthusiastic-dog and Curufin feeding young Celebrimbor.

As always, thank you for taking us into this world of Middle-earth and on this intimiate journey with these characters that I've only grown to love even more, having read this story.
Beatrisu chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
Another story that is absolutely amazing. I loved it :) Your style of writing has only grown better over the years, and I am glad to see you're posting again!
lokimademedoit chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
This is my new favourite story! The characters are well written, believable and I love the dialogue between the brothers/cousin (Celegorm laughing at Fingon when out of Maitimo's earshot made me laugh too, I wonder if he was tempted to stick his tongue out :) ). I like the detail you have gone into - I hadnt really thought much about how hanging from one arm for such a long time would cause Maitimo more trouble that just learning to live with a missing hand, it makes the thought of him learning to fight - and be more deadly as a result - more impressive.

Poor Makalaure feeling so guilty but I like the idea that he was quite capable and organised in his brothers apparently permanent absence rather than being ineffectual and wringing his hands (life goes on, eh?). I had actually just read this on swg but forgot to review you there, apologies.