Reviews for Rise and Fall of the Spacers:Spacetown
Silvara chapter 13 . 3/22/2010
Quite interesting it is. Yet a little frustrating as we don't get to se the following event from the Falstoff/Daneel point of view. That and I woudln't have minded read more about Giskard.

Come to thing about it, letting humans know he could hear their thoughts have been Hertie's dowfall, and its end was a cruel one...

I wonder why Giskard "telepathie" would be less harmful than Hertie's...?
Silvara chapter 8 . 3/22/2010
"Giskard strengthened the sense of distress and horror in Fastolfe's mind"

Isn't that a little to prematurely close to the law zero, now?
Silvara chapter 4 . 3/22/2010
The more they're hard to get the mawr they appeal xD

I kindolike Delamarre now...
Silvara chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
She made the gesture, which was used for a robot to get her a book film.

"Get me some book films with lots of pictures,"she told the robot.

The robot didn't understand the first time?
CatBar chapter 13 . 8/29/2009
Interesting. Daneel's first 'awakening'. How I would've loved to have been there myself! I'd like to have taught Daneel a few things too - a tabula rasa waiting to be filled (OK I know he was programmed with lots of facts but it would be all the other 'inbetween bits' that would go towards making Daneel a fully-fledged being, ei a passable apparent-human...).

Sorry, that's been more of my emotions again rather than a truly objective review. The starkness of the piece maybe suits the robot that Daneel really is, which is the whole point of the story after all.
CatBar chapter 11 . 8/14/2009
Writing these little short fic-pieces most deliciously prolongs the anticipation... I'm now holding my breath waiting for what might come in the next piece - or the one after that...
CatBar chapter 10 . 8/11/2009
This gets even better... And I feel completely with Han and Roj in finding the idea of going into that fuggy foetid cramped 'cave of steel'- with all those sweaty breathing human bodies! - less than desirable. (If I were in their place I'd be going 'ugh!'). I almost could feel sorry for Daneel having to go in there and he's a robot.

I would love to live with Roj and Han in their fresh spacious Spacertown quarters - I imagine it being all picture-windows with lovely views of Outside.
CatBar chapter 9 . 7/31/2009
I can't wait for the next installment.
CatBar chapter 8 . 7/25/2009
Fabulous! Already agog for the next chapter. Dear old Giskard is the original 'mover and shaker', ei making things happen!
CatBar chapter 7 . 7/18/2009
Great stuff as usual, with a good 'portentious' feel to it.

Just one thing: it seemed your opening sentance 'and were in the next room' started in the middle, like there was some writing missing right at the beginning.
CatBar chapter 6 . 7/12/2009
This is getting great! Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm getting the notion that this could be coming up to the point when Sarton creates the being who will be in Sarton's own image...

It's great too, reading about my other favourite Giskard's earlier days and his relationship with the Fastolfes.
CatBar chapter 5 . 7/7/2009
Really good read! I never tire of anything that's in the timeline and setting of my two favourites: Giskard and Daneel. Lucky old Vasilia, living that idyllic lovely life - what I'd give to be in her place! She and Susan Calvin are the people I most envy anywhere.

So hope you'll be writing some more on this. (I've subscribed to the Story Alert).

Just one thing: hope I'm not being dense here, but there seemed to be bits missing from your writing - like one or two paragraphs not seeming to follow on from the one before.