Reviews for Mr Tucker, Isn't It?
Frumious-Bandersnatch-46 chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Fluffy, perhaps.
Likeable, definitely.

Excellent writing; especially your grasp of dialogue.
— I can almost hear the actors speaking your lines.
Also: Extra points for spelling, grammar, and punctuation. A pleasure to read your story.

Finally: A really cute — and imaginative — alternate to the source of Trip's well-known sobriquet. We dull and boring non-writers thought it was just a derivation of his numeral:
Charles Tucker III Third Triple Trip

Going to find some more of your stories now. (Hope I'll find the story of how he came to be called "Spike" earlier.)

Thanks again for an excellent story.
Creativity Incarnate chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
This is hilarious! I absolutely loved it. Left me curious about spike... bad hairday? Anyway, great job with the character relations.
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
A great story. Very good.
eringobraugh chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
very cute!
Archer'sEnsign chapter 1 . 2/4/2005
Good full story...like all the dialogue and didn't realize how good an author could make Trip seem so unpalatable...nice show...take care, bye!
Inspector Minkey chapter 1 . 6/22/2004
Wow, that was good! I really enjoyed it. I'm only a closet Enterprise fan, but if there were any inconsistencies I couldn't spot them. Keep writing!

Inspector Minkey

PS: Thanks for your review. I never would have found you otherwise! (This site is just so BIG!)
Samus chapter 1 . 5/29/2004
Neat story. I especially like the Spike references. That's what they were going to call him at one point, right? That'd be great if it were still in there somewhere. But now it seems it would have just been weird. Besides, can't have too many Spikes on TV. But yeah, it's cute. And thanks for reviewing my poem. I'm glad you liked it.
Vera Steine chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
Nice piece, very funny! Keep it up!
nanashinigami chapter 1 . 2/28/2003
I loved that story. And I do think ztrip is cute, he's hot. Anyway, I loved this story. I also think that the name Spike is worth exploring, or the relationship between Trip and his father. Once more, wonderful story.
Henna Gamgee chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
I like your writing style, and I like how you deal with the Trip and Archer relationship. I like Trip/Archer friendship fics too! I did think the classroom interactions were pretty unlikely though; a lot more casual than what I would have expected at the academy, given what we know about the military nature of Starfleet. But overall, nice story!
jaws chapter 1 . 12/5/2002
not bad, the story is interesting and I liked how you picked a topic that was so different from others out there
SpaceCowboy chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
Chuck! LOL!

Spike! I get it. I get it. Pretty smart of you.

As for the name, 'Trip' is the third in a line of familial lineage. The first is senior, the second is junior and the third is trip. Brannan, or Braga, actually explained this to Connor. Spike was already taken by a character on UPN (Buffy), so they had to come up with another nickname for Tucker. Brannon or Braga, had a friend known as Trip so he borrowed the nickname.

As for the story, good job. It was written well and I did read the AN, so I won't comment on discrepencies. Also because I'm reading this after the second ep of the second season, so more info has come out that may not have been out at the time you wrote this.

But I really, really, don't think words like 'asshole' or 'hell' would have been used in a StarFleet class. It's based on military standards, so a teacher would always be addressed as sir or by rank. And on that note, I really can't see Trip using a word like 'doll'. It just doesn't seem to fit him.

But, you wrote it well, and you did make me laugh. Especially the Chuck part. And as a suggestion, and this may only be me, but when you were writting the earlier parts (pre-nickname), you probably shouldn't refer to the character by the actual nickname during the narratives.

SpaceCowboy.
trinitytzen chapter 1 . 9/18/2002
Funny..I would like to know where he got the nickname 'Spike.' :) Good Job!
cheyanne chapter 1 . 5/29/2002
Read your story - "Mr. Tucker, isn't it?" Really enjoyed it. I'm a 'tripper' too so I was extremely interested in your take on his nick name. Very good story, well written. I liked the changing back and forth between past and present. Very nice touch!
Cal.J.Fielding chapter 1 . 5/16/2002
I like. I like a lot.

It's an interesting take, not many people would think about age differences and stff, and it's really well written. Thanks and keep writing, you're good.