Reviews for Bare
insanebeauty chapter 3 . 6/9/2009
I am loving the start of this. You're really talented and I can't wait to see where this story goes.
bertin chapter 3 . 6/9/2009
This is simply wonderful, wonderful wonderful.
Carrie from ASE chapter 3 . 6/9/2009
Lindsey, just now had time to read, This is FANTASTIC, as per usual of course!

Already i feel way more connected to Bella than i ever did with SM's version, and the art major that i am, LOVES the fact that Edward seems to be a bit on the artsy side.

“I’ve never been so grateful for that douche bag,” Alice whispered.

This line is made of win. I love all of it, can't wait to read what's next!
Missi chapter 3 . 6/9/2009
Excellent! Please include more chapters soon! I love your writings.
rchpbabe chapter 3 . 6/9/2009
i love your retelling of the story so much better than is so much more real!much love.
the shrew chapter 3 . 6/9/2009
Okay, first, I giggled at the use of the word "turpentine", but that is only because I am changed from reading The Submissive and The Dominant.

I loved the description of Edward studying her form at the lunch table. That was really cool, and it added to Bella's attempt to capture him in words.

I also loved Charlie's comment about not giving Bella back to her mother. It made me LOL, but there is more to that line. It has layers. I love layers. He finally gets to build a relationship with her, and I love how the line conveys that as well. IMHO, people that think Charlie only liked Bella for her culinary skills really missed the point. But that is just me. You show their relationship in a fleshed out manner. Love the story so far.

I even adored the simple comment from Edward of "you're fine." I heard that distinctly while reading. :)
the shrew chapter 2 . 6/8/2009
Alice and Angela are incredibly good in this. I like that you have taken the essence of the book versions and translated that into the human versions of them in this story.

I loved the ref to The Ugly Duckling. You have utilized it perfectly for this story.

NGL, not a Jake fan, but you have written that section well too.

Two particular parts stuck out to me. First, "She was not beautiful, and she was not fine. But that was her own secret." I love the foreshadowing of this statement. It's simplicity struck me. Second, "...but he was lovely, and she wanted to take out her notebook and write him all over the pages." I just love that image, but I love how you have her desiring to capture his beauty. I love that she wants to translate his beauty into her form of expression - the written word. This tells me just how much of a connection and attractuion she has to him. Nicely done. :)

the shrew
the shrew chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
stella luna sky,

I like this teaser. It provides enough to pique my interest, and then the end nearly had me falling out of my chair or crying or sighing at the emotion. So sweet and honest. Great start. :)

the shrew
juststatingtheobvious chapter 3 . 6/8/2009
I'm really liking this story. Even though Bella's still slightly insecure, she's sharp and witty, and not just a helpless girl who can't manage on her own. Plus brooding Edward is always interesting, you can go in so many directions with that. Anyways, awesome job, and looking forward to reading more.
imdominating chapter 3 . 6/8/2009
"...he said in a low voice, all Zeppelin and cigarettes."

You give THE best descriptions. Such a pleasure to read.
SacredNagChampa chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
you are seriously amazing. this is gorgeous, as usual.
TwificObsessed chapter 3 . 6/8/2009
really looking forward to seeing where this goes :-) can't wait to learn what the deal is with edward... beautiful writing as usual!
sttm chapter 3 . 6/8/2009
OMG. The complete and total utter girl in me just wants to yell, WHAT? HE PULLED OUT HER HAIR? WTF! Hahaha. In all seriousness, this is probably the most realistic scenario I've read for the van crash so kudos to you.

Anyway, your descriptions! I really cannot get over these:

"...redder than a bed of poppies..."

"...in a low voice, all Zeppelin and cigarettes."

"Alice is beautiful, dainty and tough, with long limbs and a short stature. When she talks, my head automatically leans towards the sound of her voice. Angela is tall and graceful, and moves like a dancer, gliding through the hallways…"

Speaking of Alice again, I LOVE the way you dress her. And this:

"“Rosalie is her own special brand of testosterone."

BRILLIANT. Now go write more! :DD
Missi chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Excellent fan fic! Please continue the story.
Aurabee chapter 3 . 6/8/2009
God. As with many things you write, I want to crawl right into the story and live with it.
5,712 | « Prev Page 1 .. 367 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 .. Last Next »