Reviews for Volition
BellaTesoro chapter 11 . 1/4/2014
Oh thank goodness I'm so happy Edward didn't pull a New Moon and leave Bella "for her own good, ...as if
he'd never existed..."
Once again, the little details help bring this drama to life. For example, Bella having her period, and during
the time she was held...and the homecoming with everyone there so concerned...and again going back to something
as natural and important as having her period and what that meant on the grandeur scale, as well as on the just normal girl function, just made it real and vivid for the reader.
BellaTesoro chapter 10 . 1/4/2014
Oh my goodness, they have the right to just drag a young innocent girl off for questioning and hit another
innocent bystander just for trying to give support? That's like a dictatorship, awful. It's no wonder people
rebelled against such unfair treatment. Although I do get that the other side, Edward/Emmett is involved with
used force as well...what a mess.
BellaTesoro chapter 9 . 1/4/2014
I could feel everyone's emotions as they take in what's going on with their sons, neighbors, and lover..., heartbreaking. And then Edward feeling safe enough with his Bella to break down and letting go of his
fear, regret, guilt from his part in it all. so moving
BellaTesoro chapter 7 . 1/4/2014
You must have done your research on all things Irish or you have first hand experience. Either way it works so
well as the backdrop to this story. I feel like I'm right there with those characters in the pubs drinking a pint...
I'm appreciating this Bella. She has a mind of her own even when it's filled with an Edward haze. She stood up and
left not needing to listen to Tanya and she questioned Edward so she'd know some of his history from the source and
not just listen to the likes of an ex-hook up.
BellaTesoro chapter 6 . 1/4/2014
Well I figured out what "gobshite" probably means and Edward wasn't one according to Alice. Jasper being from the
states adds yet another layer of interesting to this story. I'm curious to hear what the American thinks of all the
IRA around him. And wouldn't it be cool if by some chance he came to school in Ireland for the reason of helping out
their cause?
Esme is great with her insights and good humor. I think Edward and Bella seem to have everyone's blessings. I just
hope they are blessed with good luck that nothing hurts Edward in his leadership role.
BellaTesoro chapter 5 . 1/4/2014
Sex, in his parent's home as everyone sleeps, Edward is so bold and Bella is so lost in his boldness.
It's interesting that Bella loves him and is just now getting to know just who he really is. I wonder what he does
for a living?
BellaTesoro chapter 4 . 1/4/2014
Edward is so damn sexy. The scene where they were caught in the apartment was so realistic. I could feel Edward's
annoyance and then his need to make things right for Bella. Edward's appeal is just that, he's part dangerous both
emotionally and with the secret political actions he's got going on but then he's got that protective and honorable
side to him too. I like the interaction of the two families, part I know and love this kid, Edward, and part he better
do right my my daughter/sister part too.
BellaTesoro chapter 3 . 1/4/2014
I like you attention to details, such as Bella's "corduroy" pants and putting coins in the phone...I was Bella's age
in the 70's and although I didn't live in Ireland, you gotten what it would have felt like to be that country during that
upheaval. I remember it well.
I like how you've gotten Bella at the cusp of not only her romantic relationship but of her moving toward adult
views of life in her reality.
BellaTesoro chapter 2 . 1/3/2014
Oh Bella did you not feel what Edward was feeling. He would never have taken you if it wasn't serious for him, I can
tell this because of his long standing relationship with the two families, Emmett would use that gun on him most
likely if he was just playing around...Victoria must be one of them fighting for their shared cause.
I'm concerned that Edward didn't protect Bella, you know safe sex and all. I know Catholics at that time may not have
believed in contraception but...we shall see.
BellaTesoro chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
I'm late to this Volition party but I'm so glad I came. This chapter was so full of satisfying detail. I felt like
I was there in the Irish setting amid the turmoil of that time and place. These characters felt real and caught
up in the fear of the bombing and the young love they've finally acknowledged. I guess fear makes time
a precious thing. Love this story and appreciate that it's still here for people like myself to enjoy it.
Grace chapter 7 . 12/28/2013
Really really really loving this so far. It's so real and slow and sweet and WHY ISN'T A BOOK?
GraceisDee chapter 12 . 12/29/2013
I am loving this so much. I can't believe I put off reading this for so long. There are a few loopholes but it's fanfic so it's all right I LOVE IT. this should be a legit book though.
LesleyLunaCullen chapter 12 . 12/29/2013
Second time reading this story. I love it. It's funny, I basically remember most of it but am having an easier time with the iRA information and really enjoying learning about Irelands history of violence. I knew about the 1916 uprising because of the Yates poem and of course bloody Sunday. I will say I am more critical of Alice and jasper this go around because I missed the first time that jasper, marched or was involved with the civil rights movement in the USA. I am now a bit confused by Alices pacifist attitude because she seems to be a stronger Catholic than the other key characters and her family appears to be pro-IRA. Esme may be a question mark but she is thinking with her heart. I don't get that vibe from Alice, its more of a I just want to ignore it. Also, I don't know if the family would be so accepting of jasper so quickly. They would obviously be concerned and want to limit their inner circle. To me, he would be the perfect target for the NRU? because they could threaten his visa and what loyalty would he have towards Emmett or Edward. After what happened to Bella, I think the neighborhood would close ranks& Alice would be a single girl again. Partially a product of the times too when families had more leverage in their kids dating lives. Even Edward had to get permission from Charlie and they grew up together.
karencullen2007 chapter 18 . 12/21/2013
well...i guess thats one way to find out! LOL
karencullen2007 chapter 6 . 12/21/2013
ugh...this Edward drives me crazy!
4,744 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »