Reviews for Volition
izzzyy chapter 3 . 9/25/2009
So your review of my review made ME smile - endless cycles of smiles and giggles are okay by me. :)

I'm glad that this story has more than just fluff. It's cute how one of the things that makes Bella's heart soar is the way Edward trusts her by telling her serious things about the IRA activity he's involved in. I would imagine it would make things easier for her to trust him now that she knows he trusts her.

And Dear, Edward, How the fuck can you not like redheads? They're my favorites. M. Fiery and gorgeous and so FUN! You're silly.
ahealthyaddiction chapter 3 . 9/25/2009
Aw... Edward was so cute! He sincerely didn't want Bella to think anything was going on with Victoria... he gave up some info to her... he was sweet and got her home in time. *sigh* I think I'm in love with you.

"I smiled and nodded, and he jogged down the stairs, back out to the sidewalk. I watched him walk away, popping his jacket’s collar to keep out the damp wind. We would need to trade light summer clothes for the more substantial ones of autumn soon." For some reason, THIS passage really stuck with me, and I saw it so vividly in my head...

Ro, ANOTHER fantastic chapter. BRAVO, girl!
ahealthyaddiction chapter 2 . 9/25/2009
"I glared up at him, but he remained in place and then my eyes were wandering past his glazed green eyes to the rest of his face, the line of his jaw….his mouth. I thought about how he’d kissed that girl earlier in the parlor and Jesus, Mary and Joseph - what a time to have an epiphany."

WHOA. Ro, another amazing chapter. This Bella is great... the way you write her, I can really see her: just now becoming a woman, struggling with subject matter that is beyond what she has encountered to date, both in the way of romance with Edward and with political movement happening around her. It's so sweet, and sincere...

And dammit Edward! What the HELL are you doing with Victoria? It had better be innocent, buddy... )

Another fantastic chapter, Ro... I can't WAIT to get all caught up! 3
KG15 chapter 10 . 9/25/2009
Awesome work! Love this story!
SnarkyDee chapter 6 . 9/25/2009
I'm still amazed at how descriptive you are. I have to go to bed as its 12.30am, but I'll finish reading the other chapters tomorrow. ;)
SnarkyDee chapter 5 . 9/25/2009
I love how your using our phrases, like "grand" and you mentioned the "Ulster Fry" BEST! Fry in the world might I add LOL
SnarkyDee chapter 4 . 9/25/2009
Yes your are so accurate I had to look to see if you were from here, and was shocked to see you are from the states. I'm still in Belfast, born and breed LOL...I actually live near the old Crumlin Road courthouse and Prison. Which was where all the bad boys were sent to, nationalists and loyalists. I can give you links for that for history/research.

My FB is denisestrand( )

I hope that works I have no clue how to work this ling LOL
SnarkyDee chapter 3 . 9/25/2009
I just got your reply to my review, and you haven't offended me in the slightest. I'm so so glad that I am reading it, As well as the amazing detail you have put into this it's also a love story. Even the whole bit about Em and Edward picking Bella up from work cause its not safe to walk home. All shops had to be closed by 4-5pm at night. Bars and clubs would have to be closed down by 11pm. And it wasn't safe to be out walking the streets in the dark, because different fractions would drive around in in opposite protestant/catholic areas and shoot people a lot of them innocent people as retaliation.

For more info around the 70's there was on the loyalist side a group known as the "Shankill Butchers" they where pretty gruesome in what they did to catholics, I won't go into detail as it would be shocking for people to read. But if you want to know about them just pm me, my facebook address is .uk add me on there and I can message you about things you need to know. I'm more than happy to help ;)
SnarkyDee chapter 2 . 9/25/2009
I really am impressed with your attention to detail...even giving Lisburn Road a mention...which is now one off the most expensive places to live in Belfast and is full of coffee shops, bars and restaurants :)
izzzyy chapter 2 . 9/25/2009
I...take back all those nice sweet things I said about Edward in the last review.

*goes back to greedily consuming fic*
PropertyOfMr.E.C chapter 10 . 9/25/2009
UPDATE SOON PLAEASE! I really want to know what happens next..Edward is gonna FREAK! Angrey Edward..yum! ;) I have a feeling Bella wont fess up and that she will protect her brother and Edward. I have a bad feeling something is gonna happen to her..maybe be tourtered or something :( that will make an utterly pissed Edward..update soon. Sending some love your way..xx
SnarkyDee chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
I have to admit I was a bit hesitant to read this story. And only because I am from Belfast, I was born in '81, but my parents went through hell in the '70's, my dad is from England and was to frightened to even speak to anyone outside our own home in fear that he would be seen to be a solider, which would mean he would have been killed. It wasn't until the cease fire in the 90's that he started to relax about the whole thing.

I'm glad I'm reading it though, and if you ever need any help with facts or incidents that happened please feel free to PM and I will help you out. It was a really hard time to live through back then and we lived in a "Flashpoint" area where all the rioting took place, we used to have constant helicopters hoovering over our house and people bursting our door down to run through and out our back door to get away from the police. I've lived through bombs going off, bomb alerts where we had to be evacuated in the middle of the night. hank goodness it all over with now. Though we still get Bomb Alerts.

I want to say though that I'm really impressed with the detail description you have in the chapter, I seen on your profile that your from the states, so to have that kind of info is incredible.
izzzyy chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
I swear I was expecting Emmett to bust in on them. Not sure why, but I saw it coming.

I love the bitter and sweet of this story. Finding love in an incredibly difficult time (or so I imagine, as I was not there). One of those tales of something beautiful being born in chaos and pain. It just seems to shine even more brightly against the dark background.
BittenBee chapter 10 . 9/25/2009
Holy Feck, Ro!

Just when I'm feeling so warm and gushy about Edward and scones, you throw in a wrench!

Beautiful writing. I am so worried for Bella and aching for Chapter 11.
Italian.Vampy chapter 10 . 9/25/2009
very good chapter! i liked the way edward and bella's relationship is gradually growing, they're going to learn to trust each other and to share even the most difficult aspect of their life. poor bella, the RUC officials were not really kind with her and mike! i suppose to see how they act is really helpful to understand the reason behind IRA's men actions and istances of freedom! thank you
4,780 | « Prev Page 1 .. 285 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 305 .. Last Next »