Reviews for Volition
SnarkyDee chapter 4 . 9/25/2009
Yes your are so accurate I had to look to see if you were from here, and was shocked to see you are from the states. I'm still in Belfast, born and breed LOL...I actually live near the old Crumlin Road courthouse and Prison. Which was where all the bad boys were sent to, nationalists and loyalists. I can give you links for that for history/research.

My FB is denisestrand( )

I hope that works I have no clue how to work this ling LOL
SnarkyDee chapter 3 . 9/25/2009
I just got your reply to my review, and you haven't offended me in the slightest. I'm so so glad that I am reading it, As well as the amazing detail you have put into this it's also a love story. Even the whole bit about Em and Edward picking Bella up from work cause its not safe to walk home. All shops had to be closed by 4-5pm at night. Bars and clubs would have to be closed down by 11pm. And it wasn't safe to be out walking the streets in the dark, because different fractions would drive around in in opposite protestant/catholic areas and shoot people a lot of them innocent people as retaliation.

For more info around the 70's there was on the loyalist side a group known as the "Shankill Butchers" they where pretty gruesome in what they did to catholics, I won't go into detail as it would be shocking for people to read. But if you want to know about them just pm me, my facebook address is .uk add me on there and I can message you about things you need to know. I'm more than happy to help ;)
SnarkyDee chapter 2 . 9/25/2009
I really am impressed with your attention to detail...even giving Lisburn Road a mention...which is now one off the most expensive places to live in Belfast and is full of coffee shops, bars and restaurants :)
izzzyy chapter 2 . 9/25/2009
I...take back all those nice sweet things I said about Edward in the last review.

*goes back to greedily consuming fic*
PropertyOfMr.E.C chapter 10 . 9/25/2009
UPDATE SOON PLAEASE! I really want to know what happens next..Edward is gonna FREAK! Angrey Edward..yum! ;) I have a feeling Bella wont fess up and that she will protect her brother and Edward. I have a bad feeling something is gonna happen to her..maybe be tourtered or something :( that will make an utterly pissed Edward..update soon. Sending some love your way..xx
SnarkyDee chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
I have to admit I was a bit hesitant to read this story. And only because I am from Belfast, I was born in '81, but my parents went through hell in the '70's, my dad is from England and was to frightened to even speak to anyone outside our own home in fear that he would be seen to be a solider, which would mean he would have been killed. It wasn't until the cease fire in the 90's that he started to relax about the whole thing.

I'm glad I'm reading it though, and if you ever need any help with facts or incidents that happened please feel free to PM and I will help you out. It was a really hard time to live through back then and we lived in a "Flashpoint" area where all the rioting took place, we used to have constant helicopters hoovering over our house and people bursting our door down to run through and out our back door to get away from the police. I've lived through bombs going off, bomb alerts where we had to be evacuated in the middle of the night. hank goodness it all over with now. Though we still get Bomb Alerts.

I want to say though that I'm really impressed with the detail description you have in the chapter, I seen on your profile that your from the states, so to have that kind of info is incredible.
izzzyy chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
I swear I was expecting Emmett to bust in on them. Not sure why, but I saw it coming.

I love the bitter and sweet of this story. Finding love in an incredibly difficult time (or so I imagine, as I was not there). One of those tales of something beautiful being born in chaos and pain. It just seems to shine even more brightly against the dark background.
BittenBee chapter 10 . 9/25/2009
Holy Feck, Ro!

Just when I'm feeling so warm and gushy about Edward and scones, you throw in a wrench!

Beautiful writing. I am so worried for Bella and aching for Chapter 11.
Italian.Vampy chapter 10 . 9/25/2009
very good chapter! i liked the way edward and bella's relationship is gradually growing, they're going to learn to trust each other and to share even the most difficult aspect of their life. poor bella, the RUC officials were not really kind with her and mike! i suppose to see how they act is really helpful to understand the reason behind IRA's men actions and istances of freedom! thank you
happymoon35 chapter 10 . 9/25/2009
I love this story so much. It's just so different from most of the fanfics out there. You've done such a great job creating these complex, but likable characters who seem so realistic. I get excited everytime I see an update. Plus, your lemons are darn sexy! ;-)

Can't wait to see what happens in the police station. Thanks for the update!
Orioncat chapter 10 . 9/25/2009
Oh man...thats just not cool.

You got me all scared and worry they are going to mess around with Bella and then they are going to catch Edward. Damn suspenseful chapter!

Its looking really good. Can't wait for the next update!

JackieOrioncat
LiLi26 chapter 10 . 9/25/2009
Love it.

And now, I smell trouble for Bella.

Can't wait to see if she can really lie.

:D
jeprdy chapter 10 . 9/25/2009
Gah! Not a cliffie, Ro! How scary...
Babette12 chapter 10 . 9/25/2009
That was an evil little cliffie you left us with my dear!

I loved their talk, and how they are open, honest and adult about their feelings. There is no ignoring of what the other is feeling; it is recognized and treated respectfully. I simply love it.

Her conversatoin with her mom was wonderful. I was almost as surprised as Bella by what she said, but then again, I wasn't. She knows what it means to be with a revolutionary, and so could give the best advice. I'm glad Bella listened.

And now I'm thinking in an Irish accent. What have you done to me?

As for that little ending of yours. Edward is going to be uber pissed. And not just about Bella, what they did to Mikey was uncalled for. Too bad the one thing they didn't discuss was what she should do if this happened. It wasn't something they considered, but probably should have. At least she can honestly say she had no idea of what was going on. The question is whether or not she'll lie and say Edward was with her. There will be witnesses that he wasn't, so that might get her in more trouble. I must say I hope her mom gets there soon.

Why do I get the feeling a certain RUC station is going to be met with unpleasantness sometime in the near future?

Ro, this just keeps getting better and better, sweetie!
HufflepuffBlonde chapter 10 . 9/25/2009
oh! the suspense is killing me! dont let bella rat edward out?
4,774 | « Prev Page 1 .. 285 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 305 .. Last Next »