Reviews for Volition
Kyrene once Blood Roses chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I officially know that I am not alone in my love for an Irish Edward. Just the idea of him speaking with that accent...yum. This was interesting. It makes me really want to know what happens after, but this is a one-shot. Which makes me sad, but I guess I'll just use my imagination. I loved Edward's quiet love for her. Neither of them actually said it out loud, you knew it was accomplished for Bella since Edward already knew, but...Wow, I'm just really curious about the whole thing. Just pointing out, if you wanted to, you could totally make this into a full story. Because now I'm curious about Edward's timing, if he's always known...all that. But yea, I loved it.
jantanamo chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
I thought this was a wonderfully written story. The tension due to the political climate really came through and affected the tone of the story.

Are you thinking of continuing this? I really hope so. I'd love to find out exactly what Emmett and Edward have been up to - the extent of their involvement. I'm also curious as to what Edward's feelings truly are, especially since he has a bit of reputation. And how did he know of Bella's feelings (was she that obvious)? And what triggered the shift in their relationship? Does he consider this to be anything other than physical? I'd also love to see how things change after this (if they do) and what Emmett's reaction will be.

Basically, I think there's lots of potential for a story here, and that your choice of time and place really makes for something quite original.

Thanks for writing and sharing!
mllesinistre chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
That was great. I never would have thought to put Bella and Edward is this situation. I hope you continue to write more especially for the Twilight fandom.
Alf08 chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
THis was an awesome one-shot! it would be a great long story if you were thinking about that!
Sunfeathers chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Ooh, Rochelle, that was fabulous! I loved your Bella and Edward - she so innocent and he so ... not. ;) Intriguing time frame and premise, it felt very realistic - the events, the language and the setting. I want to hope that after this Edward puts aside his wandering nature and commits to Bella. I got the feeling he would when he said he didn't want to keep it a secret. :)

Good luck in the contest!
theshowerciara chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
You chose a very controversial time period, didn't you? But this is a really good job. It shows exactly how people lived in fear during the troubles, and how dangerous it was for them. Congrats on a job VERY well done!

There's just one thing, sometimes you use vocab that wouldn't be used in Ireland. It's just little things, like 'movie' instead of film, and it wouldn't be noticed to anyone else, apart from the fact that I'm Irish.

Still, it's a great job. I 3 IRAward!
RMary332 chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
wtite a second chapter. it is so good.
getshorty chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
That was HOT! Rochelle, I'm so proud of you, truly, I was mesmerized by this story. I'm a morning person too Edward, take me, lol!
Creampuf99 chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
This is by far my favorite Age of Edward entry...

It is well written and entertaining! You did a wonderful job at making it both sweet and hot at the same time, you made us feel like we were in Ireland and in that safehouse with Edward. I hope you write more stories, you are brilliant!
monomo chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
Irishward...*swoon*

Rochelle! This was amazing! I am of Irish descent and when I saw that it was IRAward, it totally piqued my interst! This was wonderfully written! I absolutely loved it! Good Luck!
annahtuR chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
Wow. I wasn't sure what I was going to get when I started reading this. But I really enjoyed it.

I live in Belfast and I see the consequences of the troubles almost everyday. From someone not talking to another because of their religion to murals that are painted on many of the walls.

This is the only story that I've found that's based in Belfast, and I really like it. I was able to put myself in Bella's shoes and I have to admit, I did shed a tear.
ANovacastrian chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
Wow, that was wonderfully written, it really ran well. Although Edward did kinda seem like he was using her. Anyhow good luck with the competition.

ANovacastrian
MusicJunki chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
Warning: I pull up the review window from the start b/c I like to do a lot of copy/pasting of lines I particularly enjoy as I read, with the occasional comment. So this could just be long and redundant for you! haha

"I sensed he knew I’d have done anything for him.

I wasn’t sure if I liked that...

... In general, it was hard to tell when Edward was being genuine and when he was being charming for the sake of it."

I like the wariness you paint into Bella's character that she's developed concerning Edward, probably due to her jealously as she watched him woo so many girls in town. She's likely seen plenty of cases on both the 'genuine' and 'for the sake of it' sides.

"I was shocked and so…caught." Just liked this line.

"'Because you wanted me to,' he answered, his mouth curling up into a crooked grin.

I looked down at my hands, twisting nervously in my lap. Was he toying with me now? Amused by my affections? Mortification started creeping in.

'And because I wanted to,' he added, his smile fading as I looked up at him."

This little bit was PERFECT. The fading playfulness at the end as he admits his mutual desire. The shift in tone was conveyed VERY well.

"My heart broke a little as I took in his haggard expression; gone was my brother’s usual mischief and lightheartedness." This line WAS heartbreaking. I just want to hold Emmett. And then cheer him on. haha

"Edward followed, closing the door with a quiet click." I apparently like to read into tiny little things like this, but just the way you put it made the action seem almost apologetic. Like, an 'I don't REALLY want to go, I don't REALLY want to leave things how they are in this moment, but I must.'

"She was supposed to come over so we could embroider our jeans and maybe go out later in the day." I liked this little detail. Is this something your mum used to do when she was younger?

"They also knew we couldn’t, and wouldn’t, live half-lives of fear, barely leaving the house." YES. You convey the sentiment well, with their resilient pride and determination.

Ok, this is getting long. . . haha

From here to the end, I was so completely engrossed in the sequence of events. Your writing conveyed a tangible panic as the pub was attacked and Bella and Edward escaped to the safe house. Yet Edward's assured 'vigilance and protectiveness' was a comfort.

As for the first time they make love... There was tenderness in Edward, but you could sense it being overpowered by his need to be with Bella. It was so well done, from her discomfort due to the fact that it was her first time (even the playful, almost-hesitation for the following morning's round two), to them not outrightly saying their "I love you"s quite yet (I mean, they ARE only just now beginning!).

"I'm a morning person." *snort*

And then my favorite: "But how will he know?" "You don't expect to keep this a secret, do you?"

Her hesitation, like she doesn't quite want to expose her heart for possible damage because she's still not sure if he's being 'genuine' or not. And then his response just made me SIGH/SWOON. Because he's confirming that, hello, duh, he wants to really BE with you, too! haha

ANYhow. I've rambled for FAR too long!

LOVED IT, bb! Obviously. You have such a talent! Why have you been hiding it?

Good luck to you, lovie!

Sheesh, shut me up already!
Mombailey chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
Absolutely beautiful...so RL. At first I thought the sex was a little sudden for them, but I'm sure in those time teens didn't feel quite as invincible as they do now. Not knowing if you were going to be alive would push things into high gear...Your E/B are so teenage, but mature for their ages with their enviroment being so volatile. Perfect job!
VampLove-x chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
Wow. Wowwowwowwowwow.

I loved it. Like, seriously.

I'm Irish too - from up North, not overly far from Belfast - and as soon as I read the summary, I had to read this.

I'm so glad I did. I love the little Irish bit, too!

4,871 | « Prev Page 1 .. 314 321 322 323 324 325 Next »