Reviews for Tarou 12
Harpercl18 chapter 1 . 5/24/2002
I don't know what to say! I really loved your fic! I liked both the idea and the story. I'm sorry to hear that you won't be continuing the it.
DarkAni chapter 14 . 3/13/2002
The best Pantyhose Taro fic I've ever seen. I can't wait for the next part!
Chibi Quatre-Chan chapter 14 . 2/16/2002
*GASP!* A TARU FIC! (Be still my beating heart) I was starting to think that such a thing didn't exist! I liked it, It's good!(well of course it is, it's Taru, how could it be anything but?*_*)
anonymous chapter 14 . 2/8/2002
Love the new chapter! My brother and I both laughed over Ryoga's little dilemma with 'Jasmine.' I can't wait to see how Ranma plays Romeo. Kepp up the good work, please!

P.S. You're fanfic helped me hook my brother onto fan-written stories. Thanks! :)
Shinigami chapter 14 . 2/8/2002
*madly giggling* Oh my god! Ryoga's playing PenPen only to Ranma's cursed form. Someone's got a strange sense of humor! And Ranma must have it bad for Akane if he's willing to to go with this whole Romeo and Juliet thing. Ryoga don't seem so mad at Ranma this time around, dunno about Mousse, when will he show up? Kuno's still a major idiot in this one. Akane's friends with Jasmine- Ranma's girl form.
OoklaTheMok chapter 13 . 12/28/2001
I'll buy the fighting skill explanation, but seriously...do you know anyone in real life as smart as you make Tarou? I mean...I qualify to get into Mensa if I felt like it was worth paying the dues, but Tarou here is insanely intelligent. Way more intelligent than any person Takahashi ever introduced.

Of course, many people in the Ranmaverse have skills that would be completely unrealistic in the real world. It wouldn't be too hard to accept a new made-up character who's super-genius, but Tarou didn't demonstrate any such skill before. His plans were rather elaborate, but if he's really smart like that I'd think he'd find much better ways to change his name...
Foxboy chapter 13 . 12/27/2001
Bwahahahaha! Great story. It's really getting original Flavoured, although the JPS wasn't a Takahashi bit... But I digress. I like the budding R/A romance, and the "Pen-Pen" thing is to die for! Just a suggestion: Howzabout Akari Unryuu being an "Evangelion" fan? If you get to her, that is...
Fanboyimus Prime chapter 13 . 12/27/2001
This is one interesting fic. I like it.
intrasonic chapter 13 . 12/26/2001
Skill-wise, I would say I'm fairly close to the mark. One thing I figured was that Ranma's skills vastly increased after arriving in Nerima. Recall the difference just the Chestnut Fist business made in the Ranma vs. Ryoga match-up. To say nothing of the Bakusai Tenketsu counter-training. And the dodging practice from the Hiryu Shoten-ha.

And look at Tarou STILL_ dodge Ranma in their fight. I figure Tarou's skill developed more linearly than Ranma's, and it's a fair bet that he's had a couple more years than Ranma to train. Check out the TarouFAQ on my website (written by Blade), which gives a run-down of their respective fighting strengths (cursed and uncursed). Basically, the synopsis is like you say, when they met up in the manga, Tarou has a slight edge overall in the man-to-man fights.

Intelligence is subjective, I guess. But Tarou is definitely pre-disposed towards making plans (both first and second appearances), and they actually seem quite plausible (still don't work, but in Ranma 1/2, what plan does?).
OoklaTheMok chapter 13 . 12/26/2001
I must say that this is an interesting and entertaining fic. It starts off with an "I'm going to solve everyone's problems in this fic" attitude, which is usually very annoying, but as the fic continues, the problems still aren't solved and some are more complicated than usual, so everything's great.

I do think though that you're overestimating Tarou's skill a bit...in the manga he and Ranma seemed pretty well matched (when human) though perhaps Tarou had a slight edge (but nowhere near as large as you're presenting)...though this was after Ranma had learned things like the Chestnut Fist, which he hasn't learned in your fic. Could Cologne's influence have gotten Ranma that much better in ways that trying to copy this Tarou couldn't?

Also I don't see any indication that Tarou is the genius you paint him to be.

But nonetheless it's entertaining and well-written, and I'm interested to see where you go from here.
intrasonic chapter 1 . 12/26/2001
Eh, sorry. Listen is completely and utterly discontinued. I keep it on my site for nostalgia (first Ranma fic I ever wrote), but it's got way too many problems to continue. And it takes time to HTML-ize the .txt files before submitting them. (the submission engine seems to butcher my text files).
Ushio chapter 9 . 12/26/2001
One word MORE

and when are you going to put Listen up?
intrasonic chapter 7 . 12/26/2001
No 3. Ow. Fixed now. It's so hard to keep track sometimes. As for the other two, you're right, but I'll have to write 'em off as a loss.
Necratoid chapter 7 . 12/26/2001
Nicely done, I love the subtle evil of Tarou, very amusing. I have a couple of small problems with it, but these are just random minor points.

1. Why does everyone at random know his vest is dragon scale (dragons are not common in that world).

2. Akane and Kuno are a year apart and on different floors, Nabiki had classes with him not Akane hence the whole Upperclass-man fixation of Kuno's.

3. Ranma refers to Ukyo as a 'her' in chapter 6 scene 3. and again in chapter 7 scene 4. You should watch that habit remember Ranma doesn't know and Tarou promised not to.

Again, I repeat I love this very amusing.
C. Rose chapter 7 . 12/26/2001
Well this is certainly a differnt take on things and I like the way this is set up. There are not to many fics that deal with Tarou in this fashion. I hope to see a few more chapters on this, it's getting pretty good. It'll be good when everyone finds out about the curses.
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »