Reviews for Doctor John Watson, Police Surgeon: Scotland Yard
Madame Minuit12 chapter 5 . 11/9/2013
awesome :) will the be a follow up?
I really enjoyed it!
Addict to Fanfics chapter 2 . 6/24/2013
I've been so spoiled with the recent BBC modern series, Sherlock, that the cadence of speech, the polite formality and period turns of phrase, seem utterly foreign even though often I delighted in watching the older set series and movies. It will take some chapters to become accustomed to the style I'm sure, but it seems well written and something I've enjoyed thus far. Excellent work for one who seemed reluctant to proceed with the idea initially. Thank you for a new miniseries to read - the advantage of not finding it till it's been posted for some time.
ladybug114 chapter 5 . 3/4/2013
wow wow wow wow! just... wow!
seriously, that was fantastically written! you did a great job with Watson and Lestrade. I loved seeing their relationship, and I look forward to seeing it developed more in the future!
hmm... what could Moran be up to? can't wait to read the next ones and find out! keep up the great work :D
Romanse chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Words can't adequately explain how much I adored this story and very much enjoyed reading your thoughts on how it evolved. I don't normally enjoy reading the A/N that go on and on, but I found that I WANTED to know about your creative journey.

I so enjoyed the characterization of Watson and how you brought him to life through the eyes of those who knew him at Scotland Yard. From those who didn't know him well, we readers were treated to an enjoyable revealation.

I know this story was written a long time ago and I can only hope that your Muses have or will continue to bless readers such as myself with great writing like this!
Azolean chapter 3 . 8/3/2012
Writers are always their own worst critics. After having only read the opening chapters to what appears a huge string of fics, I can honestly say you don't give yourself enough credit. Given your comments about KCS and others I have read, there is no doubt in my mind you are definitely in the same category of awesomeness in this fandom.

*clicks to the next chapter with rabid enthusiasm*
Azolean chapter 2 . 8/3/2012
Okay, you've definitely captured my attention. And this is only the beginning of a long list of fics I've seen here in your profile.

Thank you ever so much for this. It is already too awesome!
DammitJim chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Love this series!
forgetmenotjimmy chapter 5 . 5/17/2012
Excellent fic! Am going to hurry on and read the next one!

Kage Hasu chapter 5 . 3/13/2012
Wonderfully written. I love the insight on a time where Watson is so vulnerable but that is never looked into. He'd better watch out though, what with Moran watching him.
Majerus chapter 5 . 12/26/2011

I'd followed some of your work in the HP universe, Albus Potter is most enjoyable, so I decided to check in on you as you've gone silent.

After finding your rather extensive collection of Watson stories I jumped right in... what a fortune in character!

Your good doctor is very engaging, the description of him as a Arthurian knight was excellent.

I'll busy myself with enjoying your subsequent Watson works, in the mean time I wish you a merry belated Christmas and an early Happy New Year.

Cabochon chapter 5 . 11/20/2010
Excellent story! I really like your Watson - he's strong, but has that fragility about him that makes him human. I loved it when he was interacting with the Yard during autopsies. He reminds me of Ducky from NCIS!

Your little bits of humour were brilliant, especially during the Lestrade coffee-hounds scene and betting. Great job! Now I'm off to read the sequels!
Belphegor chapter 2 . 11/14/2010
A magnificent dissection indeed! This is the kind of reading that makes you want to punch the air and go "Whoo-hoo!" And the best part is, you can absolutely see Dr Watson in this. Of course he'd defend Holmes' memory, but not before he'd berated Dr St. Cloud for his lack of professionalism and humanity. Perfectly in-character, and well executed.

I'd make a tiny nitpick as to the form, though; the sentences (especially the dialogue) have a lot of commas and sometimes it tends to make the dialogue lack in rhythm. But it's not enough to put me off of this story, which I shall follow with the utmost interest :o)
SMTRodent chapter 5 . 8/18/2010
I've not really read the books - I went straight into the BBC fandom - but I am enjoying this story as an original work in its own right.

For this very reason (I am almost certain to want to read this again) I point out typoes. Review is specific to chapter 5 for typoes.

"This is London, it never clears, where have you bean Bobby?" Bean should be been - there's no difference between the two in pronunciation. Although for dialect purposes, 'bin' would worlk.

Watson thought for a minute. "We will know this lad's name shortly; I am betting he worked for the zoological society, or a private concern. Either way, there are laws against having snakes this dangerous, someone is flaunting those laws, and this young man paid the price for it." 'Flaunt' means to show off, to display ostentiously. 'Flout' means to disregard, to disobey rules.

Lestrade's bet seemed very realistic, just the right sort of dark humour. Watson's insult to Lestrade was great. I like the plot twist and the quiet menace of the last scene. Your pacing is lovely - so are your emotive scenes and your description of Watson at work and the corpses. Watson is magnificent throughout, so far.
Ginger chapter 5 . 4/2/2010
Great story! Please post more soon!
The One Who Dwells In Darkness chapter 5 . 2/21/2010
I absolutely love Bobby and Tommy! Coffee addicts of the world, unite! And I adore your Watson. He is simply perfectly imperfect, if that makes sense. His character is much more complex than in other stuff I've seen.