Reviews for Smoke and Mirrors
Jen H.M chapter 3 . 6/10/2011
A perfect ending to this story. Very funny, this would have made a great episode of the show.
Jen H.M chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Great premise, and you write Balki's dialog so well, I could hear him saying all of his lines. So far, very funny, and keeping with the feel of the show. I can't wait to see what happens in the next two chapters.
Vicky Hill chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Hi Crystal Rose (thats my my daughters name!). Crystal just read me the story, smoke and mirrors. I enjoyed it thoughouly

I knew what was going to happen when Gorply told Balki how to fix the bad luck curse... I could see it coming. You really protrayed the characters true to their selves...Gave a little suspense, some laughs and of coarse, the awe...factor.. thanks for writing it. Vicky.

the mother of chill13, yes I claim her...
LuckyLadybug chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
Hm... I guess I'll need to read the previous chapters again, because this strangely didn't feel rushed to me. XD

So many priceless lines. LOL. Balki being so serious and wanting Mary Anne to have Dimitri classic.

I love Larry rushing off to find Balki at the cemetery. And LOL. I imagine you really were referencing things with the hand on the shoulder, unlike me. And both of them screaming an old comedy gag, but one that never gets old.

The whole race against the zombie was so intense! I loved Balki's meek line about maybe it had been there all along instead of entering. I can just hear him saying that and it highly amuses me.

But him rushing to save Larry was so squee! And Larry trying to reassure him that he's actually been good luck. Jitterbug LOL.

You know, it wasn't until they were away from the zombie that it occurred to me what it probably really was. XD LOL. Though I had figured there would probably be some explanation.

Perfect ending, too. And ah, Balki, taking more things literally. XD Though my favorite was the salt shaker one. **snerk.**
El Kaye chapter 3 . 10/27/2009
This is wonderful! I can't believe this is your first Perfect Strangers story! You have the characters down pat and your Balki-isms were very funny. It was so believable to have Balki thinking he was bringing Larry bad luck. The scene in the cemetery was very suspenseful! Great job!
chill13 chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
Yay! The long awaited chapter three. I'm so happy!

I was expecting some'thing' to show up at that graveyard. Gorply sure went through a lot of trouble with that one. But Balki really showed his colors when he protected Larry from what he thought was something quite deadly.

Great ending. Larry finally straightened Balki out and Gorply got his.

I really REALLY love this story.
chill13 chapter 2 . 6/26/2009
Aw. Poor Balki. Somebody just needs to tell him to ignore everything Gorply has to say.

Oh, come on guys! Larry's always had a bad time of things, even before he moved to Chicago: Blowing up the garage, falling out of a tree and breaking his arm, getting a cold for the junior prom, the spelling bee, and fifth grade graduation. Can't blame that stuff on a broken mirror.

This is a wonderful story so far. I really hope you finish it!
LuckyLadybug chapter 2 . 6/17/2009
LOL. Poor Larry, coming home to a disaster! But poor Balki, being so worried for Larry's well-being... ;_;

I love their interaction, as always. X3 Classic. And aww, Larry deciding Balki should relax and they'll pick up the mess together... X3

**snerks Mary Anne believing the curse.** They really are made for each other. And "raisin-bran muffin" LOL.

Yay, another Zombie reference! That will never fail to be amusing.
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 2 . 6/17/2009
Aww this is just so cute. I caught the Zombie Jamboree reference again. Great job.

suzume29013 chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Very good start ! Please continue your story. It really follows the spirit of the series, and makes me laugh...
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Oh, this is an awesome start! I haven't seen much of the show, but it still sounds like it would fit right in! Everyone's perfectly IC.

LOL Balki's confusion over the thirteenth Friday and Larry trying to explain things to him! And Balki's messed-up idioms. "Sink your boat" LOL.

Aww, Gorpley's so mean! ;_; Poor Balki, being made to believe that he's responsible for the bad luck! But the Zombie Jamboree references PRICELESS.

**snerks the reflective wind chimes.**
chill13 chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Tsk. That's all Balki needs, a bunch of babasticki superstitions to worry about. Oh, Gorply just burns me up. That guy is sick! Poor Balki!

I really hope you continue this. It's very good so far!
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
I caught a Zombie Jamboree referenc. This is so cute.