Reviews for Say
AmorFatiAhMi chapter 1 . 5/23/2014
Tried not to cry. Trying. It was very hard though. It's unfortunate when one goes through this. I did. And reading this brought back memories of that night. I had no strength to be angry much like Helga. Clearly you wrote this from your own experience. You did wonderful.
apie chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
i had this conversation before...i was on helga's end. it hurts to hear, no matter how much u prepared urself for it, it still just sucks...
foreveruntiltheend chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Before I start gushing about how totally awesome this story is I just wanna say that I'm really sorry you had to go through that. Rejection sucks, I know it because I've been there. And this story just rocketed me back to a similar conversation and all of the sucky emotions that I associate with it. Yeah, I really am sorry.

But on the flip side-this is a seriously good fic. Like amazing. I'm really impressed by the amount of raw, god-honest truth in this piece. That kind of unadulterated honesty is an extremely hard emotion to verbalize, and an even harder one to write. Great Job.
kialajaray chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
I am soo sorry that you had to take this from an actual life exprience. I do the smae thing to, but I think that those sotries are the best because you can write about real emotions, not just what you say or what you think you would do. I usually don't like rejection fics cuz I love Helga/ARnold but this is a new favorite of mine. It's just so incredibly sad and so true to life.

curiousmeem chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Hey P_O,

Once again you continue to amaze me with your wonderful writing skills. I have to admit that this story wrenched at my heartstrings. Not because of the end, but because just like Hegla, and like you, and every other girl out there we've been there.

I admire you for being able to use your emotions to write so clearly, and above all honestly. Painfully honest.

I also enjoyed this story because not every Hey Arnold fanfic can have a happy ending. The realism that seeps through the words on this page just leaves me speechless. It has just the right blend of sadness, truth, and strength that makes it realistic without too melodramatic.

When I read this, the beginning my emotions just went BAM! When he said "I don't like you," and a wall of memories just hit me. I felt bad for Helga, but even worse, for a moment I felt bad for Arnold because he reminds so much of all the other guys out there that we girls put in that position without our flagrant emotions.

I guess that's something wonderful that you were able to achieve.

I don't think I can say much else, but if you ever need to vent or want to talk PM me. I can relate on so many levels to you and your writing.

If there is one criticism that I do have it would have to be the following: perhaps its not a criticism but just a truth. Even though there were so many emotions boiling in me I didn't cry when I read this. I was going through a particularly rough night; when I read this I felt good and bad at the same time. It really brought back some painful memories of a guy. But, it just, I don't know, didn't get to me. (Maybe that's a good thing. I don't know. First time I ever felt that way...I'm probably too caught up in my current problems lol.)

Oh well, that's all, sorry for the novel and good luck with everything
Jae B chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Whether you know it or not, you put your emotions to good use by writing this oneshot. It's not easy to let go, believe me. Great job. You know where I am if you need to vent.

Sapphyre Snow chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
:-( Sadness! Wait I think you need to PM this the text guy? Dang that sucks! This is a sad story and now it's even sadder after what you said in your author's note... :'-(
Shahrezad1 chapter 1 . 6/10/2009

I'm sorry.

There's really not much more than can be said.

-hangs head low-
Calla chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Wow. I love all of your work to pieces. You are one of the only HA fanfic writers who manages to capture Arnold and Helga so perfectly as characters and still come up with original plot lines for them.

I'm so sorry about whatever happened in your real life. I know its really kinda dumb to say that since I don't know you at all and whatever, but I've been through whatever you've been through, I can guarantee it. Boys are stupid... throw rocks at them.
Vinyaya chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Wow, I am so sorry... *hug hug * even though it's like three days too late to offer comfort, lol. I hope you're feeling better now!

But you wrote it so well, PO, I felt every second of it, and now after reading the author's note at the end I imagine it was ten times worse for you because you weren't just reading it. But hey, at least the conversation went nice and mature, and if Helga and Arnold weren't meant to be despite all of Helga's best efforts... they just weren't meant to be! I'm sure she'll find someone that she'll be much happier with, and pretty soon will be all "Remember back when I liked that blonde guy? Arlow... somebody..?"

Cheer up. You'll be fine. I've been there. Much love!*more hugs *!
Nightglider chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
*hugs* you know, you're the only hey Arnold writer I read now. Hoping that would make u feel better i not a lot but still. I hated the feeling I got reading this, but that's what made ur stories so brilliant. They give the exact feeling you're trying to portray. Not easy for everyone you know. Mine always seem rushed. ANYWAYS feel better soon hun, at least for all your fans out there :p *waves pointy objects flag*
InspiredInTheDark chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
aw... I'm sorry about the thing behind the story *hugs* hope you feel better soon.

I still think it's a wonderful story though.
NeoNails chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
You're right about Art Immitating Life. Christ, I HATE that conversation. I haven't checked my e-mail in forever and a half and I saw that you posted a new story. By the first two paragraphs, I'm thinking to myself, 'd mn,' I JUST dealt with something alarmingly similar not an hour ago. Only, I was on the other side of the fence. And it sucks. It sucks on both sides of the fence, 'cuz I've been there, too.

I don't normally get personal like this in my reviews (I swear), but I hate talking to guys sometimes. Rarely, if ever, do they have a response when you really, REALLY need to talk to them. No offense to any good guys out there, but I've spent too much time the past month biting my nails and walking on eggshells just to finally understand that they're never gonna get it.

Ugh. Sorry. Anyway, this was really good. It hurt reading it and seeing how closely it related to my own life, and then hurt even more to see how closely it related to someone else's life, too. Anyway, here's to moving on and doing better. :)
Katherina Davis chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
I like this story because of the truthfulness of it and maybe because I feel this story just explained everything I am going through. I hate that same feeling and it even feels like the same words from my conversation.
Pyrex Shards chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
It is hard to leave a review knowing that this very closely resembles something that actually happened to you. I'll just say that I'm stunned by your ability to take such an experience, apply it to Helga and Arnold verbatim, and have it work brilliantly.

This may not mean much coming from a guy, but, things like break-ups are definitely hard to cope with. Still, I think you'll get through it and move on though, and become a stronger person because of it.

Take care.