Reviews for To Kill A Man
Zelda12343 chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Very nice oneshot!

So did Monte Cristo kill Nortier?
Auryn Rei Evroren chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
Hmm. I do love your writing, you're very good at what you do, but I have a few suggestions to make.

You skip between culture styles a lot. In the beginning, you use French titles- Monsieur, Mademoiselle. But haflway through, you stop and start using English titles- Mr, Miss. Consistency is everything!

Also, not sure if you knew this- in the French Catholic culture, "Abbé" means "Father". Therefore calling him "Father Abbé Busoni" is redundant. "Abbé" is his title, not his name.

Don't forget to watch your language- would someone of that time period really say "sure" or "knock it off"? They're too formal for that. On that same note, contractions are out of period style as well. Back then, no one slurred "cannot" into "can't", and that type of thing. Write out full words to stay in style.

In terms of plot, it's quite good! I like your perspective, and you shifty way of looking at the scene so that the reader knows what is happening while the characters remain oblivious- a true fan of Dumas, you are.

Keep writing, and I hope to see more!

Auryn
ShadeandthePonies chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Wow this is wonderful! you mimic Alexander Dumas's style very well, and I think this is a very interesting concept. Love it!
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
A great story. Very good.