Reviews for Watchers of the Skies
rbear1231 chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
cissy was always...i love the ones that show her above the pure blood crap...i refuse to read the ones where bella wins anything like the bella/hg shivers* some sick people out there.

but narcissa always seemed like she was alive i know she didnt get alot of page time but i always looked at her as redemable or better never been curropted to start with,

not sure i like the hole lily cissy couple but hey we have read worse that turned out good havnt we?
Amaranta316 chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
I just have an obsession with this pairing. Like they can be real (and I always hate that Lily dies). I guess I'm just a masochist T_T... I cry everytime I read a fic with them and yours wasn't the difference. Only yours was a big difference as well because it was so well written and realistic that it was I think 10 times harder to process.

The feeling of desolation through the entire fic was what helped so much to the plot. That and that they never voiced their emotions to one another; there was no need, it was just going to make things worst.

sammyfish chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
Oh wow. I love the way you tied this back to canon :)
Jadzania chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
like all of your stories i've read, this one is also fantastic
Swallow B chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
'And that has made all the difference'? Who knows? It's interesting how it is completely unexpected, yet could fit in canon.

Brilliant title. Fits well with the Three Broomsticks.

I like your description of Narcissa as quicksilver.

"No law against talking to a pureblood. No law yet." gave me the chills. Lily knew exactly what she was up against.

"The Scottish Voice of Doom" made me smile fondly.

The ending was powerful, though, personally, I think taking the last sentence out would make it even more so.

I am becoming enough of an expert to recognise this as one of your earlier stories. It's an interesting plot idea and a good story. Also it is far from badly written, but I do notice your writing has... I don't want to say 'improved', that's patronising, shall I say 'become better'?

I'll review 'No Doubt Whatever' as soon as I get a copy of 'A Christmas Carol', I promise, because I want to fully enjoy the effort you put into it.
conventgirlvampire chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Well that was interesting. Nice touch with Bella.
Windspiel chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
WOW! That's an amazing story...I'm very impressed. Loved it!
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Lily Evans is the true Dark Lady of the HP series; as JKR writes her, she is an utter enigma, as anonymous as a Byzantine madonna. You have brought her to life, and given her an _edge_,as the bright girl more than willing to take a walk on the wild side. What's more, you've given a Mobius-strip 180-degree twist to Narcissa's betrayal of Voldemort (and implicitly placed Narcissa and Severus as the left and right wings of the triptych of St. Lily the Martyr).

I salute your Narcissa, and _adore_ the way that her attraction to Lily mirrors her publicly approved betrothal to Lucius (both are full of danger, and Narcissa likes danger).

Oh yes, and for the cameo of James Potter: to speak personally for a moment, I _loathe_ James Potter, and the younger Sirius, and find their bullying antics not at all charming. So the picture of them being marched off to detention by McGonagall warmed my heart. Lily/James is second only to Tonks/Remus as the forced pairing completely unjustified by the text. We're assured that James eventually comes around, but offered no evidence.

Bellatrix: ah, I cannot sufficiently praise your Bellatrix, whose malign charisma burns like darkness visible; she is both the voice of Pureblood propriety and Death Eater fanaticism, and utterly individual, Bellatrix Black who is Narcissa's older sister. In her bullying of her sister, we see glimmers and hints of the love of cruelty that will turn her into a professional torturer.

Superlative piece, well worth multiple re-readings.
Chemistress chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
WOW, my jaw just dropped completely, you managed to surprise me with the last two sentences as never before - I can't comprehend why... but I had not made that connection yet, reading merrily along *gg*.

We know so little about Narcissa before the big finish in the last book, that it is not at all unbelievable that she would be VERY different from her sister, not just protecting her family...and she is cousin to the Black boys, who are also so very different...

I really like the story, which I would have never read, if it had not been one of yours *LOL*
xoxcrescentmoonxox chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
I've never even imagined femmeslash with Lily, mostly because there's such a shortage of female characters of teh time barring the first order members that are mentioned once or twice. I NEVER considered her and Narcissa. But here, oh, it works so well. Your characterization of both was done so well; I adored all the contrasts you wrote between them. And the last two lines ... absolutely gorgeous.
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
I saw this recc'd at crack broom and wanted to be sure to let you know in a venue where you would see the review.

Stunning story really. Your descriptions are lovely and the characterizations are believable. I adore stories that fit into known canon and your ending is stellar.

Bravo!
tetleybag chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
What a fab story! I’ve never had Lily/Narcissa on my radar so far, so here’s to crack_broom!

I liked how you used different perspectives for both, and that palpable tension had me in constant wibbles. Especially nice: that Narcissa first appears as nothing but a manipulative bitch but turns out to have her own insecurities.

/"Perhaps you'll be here again next week."/ Oh, the manipulation.

/If Narcissa Black chose to come in and sit with me, that was entirely up to her./ Oh, the hopeless attempt at self-deception.

And ...

/It was Professor McGonagall at her most imperious, and for once that Scottish Voice of Doom sounded to me like the sweetest lullaby./

Ah, my tartan heart...
Ryoko05 chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
this wonderfully written. great story.
Charlie.aus chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
This was a beautifully written piece of work.
soccergaL chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
i dearly enjoyed this fic. it totally stole my heart away with the heartbreaking ending. :) also, i very much liked the way you portrayed both Narcissa and Lily. i hope your write more like this. have a g'day.