Reviews for Transformation of Things
coolwritingmonster chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
wow this was beautiful. I loved the way you brought in the butterfly idea at the end to tie in the drabble, it was a brilliant way to end this off. Thought the unpacking of Ari's physique was well done and very believable. Enjoyed it greatly! Keep the good work up! :)
Britishgirl99 chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
This is probably one of the best written stories I have read on this site, it is incredible, well done! The way you described Ari is exactly how I imagined the character on the show (if slightly less, well unemotional). Your writing style is honestly brilliant, it just flows really well which is what I like most about this story, I find that really hard to do and I don't think I achieve it anywhere near as well as you do. Basically, this piece of writing is amazing, well done!
xoxonessie chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
waow that was such a good story. I love Ari's character and I am a huge fan of how you've written him, it was really on point.
Zayz chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
This is perfect.

I mean, really. It's perfect. I am so in love with this right now that I can't even tell you.

The butterfly motif was chilling. The analogy of Ziva as the queen piece in a chess game - genius. Your writing style is measured, yet lyrical and lovely. This whole thing was timed out to a tee. Love, love, love your interpretation of Ari, and his motivations, and the analysis of Ziva in the background there was fresh and thought-provoking.

Yeah. This is perfect. I love it so much it hurts. I'm so glad you chose to write and post. Really. Thank you.

Straight to the favorites this goes. xx

-Z
dvd123 chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
Wow. Just wow. This was a great character study of Ari. You imagery and metaphor of the butterflies was haunting.

I really wish we got to see scenes of Ari and Ziva together on the show.

Ari, without a doubt, was one of the best, three-dimensional villains on NCIS.
rubiesandrain chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
I love how you mentioned butterflies in the end, because it started with them-like the photo, it had come full circle.
AnotherStupidNickname chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
Heartbreaking. Disillusioning. One of my favorites.
shadow of the lost chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
aww... loved it.
OutCold chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
I have rarely read a fanfic I have enjoyed this much. Heartbreaking, of course, but wonderful. I especially love this.

Sometimes he dreams of a happier time, when his mother still lived, when Tali was alive, when Ziva smiled with eyes unclouded by suffering.

Sometimes he dreams of red, of blood, of himself drowning in his hatred for his father.

Usually, he dreams of nothing.
SongBirdie chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Breathtaking, mindboggling, a brilliant piece of work!

Sincerely,

Valerie Portolano
mia58 chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Very thoughtful analysis of the David family. Your insight as to why Ziva was made Ari's control officer was a real revelation to me. It makes sense " a warning from their father - if you step out of line, it is she who will suffer".

Good piece of writing. Very well done.
Pandora of Ithilien chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
that was amazing. you captured what little humanity was left in ari perfectly while keeping him the cold killer we saw in the show, brilliant job.
tigerlily25 chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Congratulations on delving into the mind of the monster and showing us a bit of the man. Beautiful imagery, insightful and well-written. You've really nailed both Ari and Ziva, and I love the idea that the photo was Ari's first, and he passed it on in death.

'She is a chess piece, to move and place at their will; she is the queen - strong, deadly, with a fluid grace, but ultimately expendable, and she will lay down her life for the king.' This is quite possibly one of the best summations of Ziva's character that I've read. Awesome job.
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
This was excellent insight into Ari.

Really, really spot on!