Reviews for Breaking Clay
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
The most penetrating look into Rufus' mind that I've ever read. What a brilliant piece of working into him!
marblepanda chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Wah I love your Rufus! He is so epicly awesome! Honestly, some of the gun details went way over my head, but I love the incorporation of them and how Rufus reacted to them- plus I learned a lot! - I really feel for your Rufus, and I enjoyed his attitude- Verdot's perspective was an added bonus! Lovely!
Ambient Blue chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
I am in love with this piece. The characterization is perfect...your portrayal of Rufus as a young boy is so realistic and fitting. This has easily become my favorite Rufus Shinra fic.
Chibipinkbunny chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
I think I found your fanfic site from your LJ account. You're Rabbitprint, yet? I read your Rufus/Reeve piece, with the building plans, and the building metaphor and I have to say I thought it was stunning. I was sad that you don't write more FF 7 fics, but I suppose I'm lucky for the few that you have written :) I read this, despite the fact that I know little about Rufus or guns. Your knowledge of guns is very thorough, I must say and impressive. It was actually very interesting on several levels. I've never thought much about Rufus as a person. I dislike President Shinra for many things, but I've always had mixed feelings about Rufus. I never thought of him as a boy that had to earn his father's pride. He's quite a determined young man with a good work ethic. You made him very likeable in this piece. Also, I love your descriptive writing. You're a VERY good writer _ Thanks for this! I'll keep my eye out on your LJ in case you post any more FF 7 fics.
Narayanfx chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
good fic...there are parts i really enjoyed on this. not enough father son bonding hehehe
solysal chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Now *that* was quite the character study. This, from Rufus's perspective, was really nice. To see how much of him he does and doesn't recognize as part of his father's influence, how he uses ambition as a sort of rebellion, not to mention the *guns*. It makes sense that the son of corporation that draws more than a few of its profits from war would know a thing or two about how to shoot, but the level of detail that you've put in this, the interesting juncture between theory and practice that Rufus finds himself hitting as a result-well, they just about made this for me. Thanks for writing this!
ViviMouse chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Wow, the last sentence was just...Perfect. (as your fic' :P )

Thank you! _
A Matter of Unimportance chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
That was extremely well-written, and I mean that with every ounce of praise possible. I really enjoyed reading this. Your style made it flow so nicely.

I think that the choice of 2nd person was an interesting one, but not bad at all. It kept the story engaging and allowed more insight. I liked it.

Excellent, excellent job.
k123 chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Oh, this was so well written, just like all of your fics are. I especially enjoyed the last line.
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
There are several things I discovered from reading this fic. First of all, learning to shoot is not as easy as every RPG game out there wants us to believe. Secondly, Rufus was a very, very smart and determined boy from the beginning. And finally - your writing still kicks ass. I really liked the main plot and the underlying struggle for power.