Reviews for Through A Glass Darkly
Alazia chapter 34 . 1/13
Inreally like where the story is going. I wosh you could dwell a little bit more on Lily's and James's relationship!
Alazia chapter 13 . 1/13
Okay... had to stop to leave a review. This shit is legit. This shit is amazing. I'm fucking speechless. There will be no sleep for me tonight.
Guest chapter 34 . 11/9/2016
god i wish you would update this, i read it every month or two hoping there's a new chapter and thinking i'm way too old for fanfiction but this is such a beautiful poignant story... i absolutely implore you to help a girl out here and update, although likely you won't see this anon review for a very long time, if at all. argh my heart breaks for the characters in this story and they just have such life to them and so many wonderful nuances (although i'm fairly certain i was much more 2d in highschool...) i reckon i've read just about every long jily out there, and yours is my favourite. i really hope you're still out there. your writing makes me feel so many wonderful things!
Guest chapter 34 . 10/13/2016
I honestly would enjoy the story more if it didn't switch perspective. Also, I don't care for Mary much so I found myself dreading her chapters.
Overall, I enjoyed it a lot and I hope you find the time to finish it even if you've lost interest or inspiration. It's pretty good!
Guest chapter 31 . 9/17/2016
I LOVE this transition into the upcoming war. I also really really really love the way you're explaining the Order. I was a little apprehensive earlier in the story when all the future Order members were classmates together but it just all fits so well the way it's written here. It makes me think of OOTP when Harry tells Sirius about the DA and he says how James and Lily would be proud or something on those lines.
Guest chapter 27 . 9/17/2016
This chapter left me very confused.
Guest chapter 19 . 9/17/2016
I LOVE the way you handled the Chaser/Seeker discrepancy and you write Peter brilliantly.
GreekPrincess3 chapter 34 . 8/19/2016
Wow. This is some story. I just started reading it yesterday, and I honestly couldn't stop. I really do hope you continue with this story, because I'm just too attached now to forget about it. :) It really is so amazing developed and complex, with a hint of suspense to keep the reader intrigued. I love the characterization of each individual, as they all seem, to me, very realistic and true to their canon personas. I truly do hope there will be another update to this story, and maybe some jily action *hint hint ;)*
Thank you for creating such a beautiful writing masterpiece.
~Greekprincess3
Guest chapter 34 . 7/28/2016
Loving the story so far, can't wait to see what will happened
OtterPatronus27 chapter 1 . 7/15/2016
Just by your writing alone, I think I may have found a gem.
ProfEvans chapter 34 . 6/4/2016
When I started reading, I wasn't sold. Lily just wasn't the Lily I know and love, but I wanted to give it a chance...well, I'm glad I did! They all are turning out to be very interesting characters that DO over all match with the ones on my mind and who have very unique and tangled relationships. And I love it! Excellent job of bringing the war to Hogwarts and to the Marauders and characterizing each one of your characters just right! I love how twisted Sirius is and how conflicted Lily is with trying to admit to being wrong about James! I love how the group has all of its ups and downs and they all know they need each other, but are still (realisticallyreally good at hating each other at random. Excellent job with the politics as well!
purrara chapter 34 . 3/26/2016
Hi, I'm new to your writing, but can't help but love it! Can hardly waiting your next post!
KoalaNoob chapter 13 . 9/19/2015
Yay, Lily! She's the best! :D

[but I'm starting to loathe Fridays]
This shows how much Snape's silence affects Lily. No classes for a couple days after is a pretty huge boon, and she doesn't actually dislike the classes, just the people in them. However, I feel like all the explanation afterwards is unnecessary and is obvious enough without direct statements.

[edge of her (fast blunting) quill]
I'm fairly sure the grammar here is incorrect. I couldn't find anything through googling, but "fast "blunting" makes it sound like quickly blunting is a feature of the quill, not that the quill is quickly becoming blunt.

[Just learning more French?]
Lily must be really talented linguistically to learn French so fast! The phrases she used are fairly correct and French is actually really hard to get used to.

[Severus still won't look my way]
I like how both Lily and Snape are consciously missing each other, but showing it differently. Lily is more open as a person and doesn't mind just outright trying to make eye contact, while Snape doesn't want people to know and tries to Lily however he can.

[dress robes, I've thrown on a spare pair]
I don't think dress robes should be described as a pair, aren't they just fancy robes with cuffs? There aren't two of them.

[reckless dancing and social-impropriety]
I don't think Lupin and Peter would really do this. Peter is shy with his peers and superiors and Lupin is really well-behaved.
mockingjaybrandybuck chapter 20 . 9/8/2015
That whole first paragraph on limbo was just wonderful. So accurate too. That’s how I feel when I’m living with uncertainty or just stuck. I can just feel her pain all the way through.

Wow, Emmeline is not high on empathy is she? Right now she is coming off as a character I want to hate, but sense there is reason for sympathy.

Pain has apparently made Mary very wise, but I hope there is some joy in her future. She seems to have much more perspective and compassion for people, while still keeping her unique Maryness. She really has had somewhat of a redemption arc, even though she is miserable right now.

Gilderoy Lockhart is just as I imagined him. I wonder, is there a fragile ego hidden underneath that extremely pompous nature? Or is he really that shallow? And does that ending mean that Reg is jealous that she and Lockhart have a thing? Him of all people?
Beckster384 chapter 34 . 9/6/2015
I've enjoyed reading this. I only came across it recently. Hope you can update more soon, but I understand if work/school gets too busy to do so. My husband is working on finishing his PhD right now as well. :)