Reviews for Interlude—or, I'd Rather Kiss a Werewolf
bookaholic2000 chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
Remus and Lily. They understand each other. And that is what one needs in a relationship, for it to blossom and live on. Loved it.
biblioholic chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
A beautiful story. You've really portrayed Lily and Remus well and developed their romance in a slow, steady and realistic manner. I only wish that Severus' reaction could'very been mentioned somewhere. Good job!
Pardon.me.I'm.lost chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Wow. Their love comes, and it goes, but it does both so slowly and sweetly that I don't feel sad at it's loss. I feel like this should be a bittersweet ending, at the very least, but instead I find it a happy one. They gave each other love and comfort, when they needed it, and when it was done they moved on with no hard feelings. I think you captured all of the characters perfectly, although I was particularly fond of James in this.

Altogether wonderful.

This reminded me of an interesting thing that I recently read in a very good book, which was this: when two ships at sea come close together, the captins must be very careful to keep the ships from crashing because each shelters the other from the ever-present ripples along one side, so that the ripples from the outside push them together. Although I loved your metaphor of waves and the pull of the moon, I thought I might mention another beautiful way of describing the way the universe can pull people together or push them apart.
DarkNeedsLight chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
This was...stunning. I always love reading your stories, funny or dramatic, because of the flawless way that you depict these characters.

This is, in honesty, a very original take on a Lily/Remus story. "It wasn't even a story, really...more of an interlude." And it's totally true, but it still carried meaning, and they'd both branded their initiatials on at least a small part if each others hearts.

The simple chemistry you created between Lily and Remus is something that's very rare...you made their relationship...come alive, no other way to put it.

To be honest, I'm kind of a closet RLSB shipper myself, so I thought I'd be put off by this story, but I wasn't, because you succeed in avoiding the ever-present option of making the characters say "fuck the world and everyone in it, I wanna be with my brand-new snugglebug because that's what the author wants." no matter how much an author may see a couple as a possibility, that kinda approach only succeeds in taking away the realism and believability of their story, and it's almost tragic how often it happens. So THANK YOU for having an ever-firm grasp of reality!

This story was beautiful and heart-breaking and heart-warming and everything in between, and thank you for giving me the gift of reading your beautifully-written stories, because the world needs more truely great authors on its side, and, in my semi-humble opinion, you're one of them. :)

~ash
the silver hare chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I just absolutely love this :)
Marionette chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
beautiful and...rather heartbreaking. i know it couldn't have ended any other way, and yet despite it all, i wished it would. you really captured something wonderful here. great job.
LenKenneth chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Oh. o.o Cute and.. surprising. Lily and Remus, REALLY? Cute idea, really. And perfect end, too.
Quil Explodes chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
That was...amazing. A perfect Lily/Remus. You wrote it exactly how I imagined it, with them just sort of drifting together and apart. And also how you weaved a bit of James/Lily and Remus/Sirius in, just enough.

It was beautifully written. I love the corny puns and jokes and the way you have Virginia Woolf quotes (just the right ones) in the beginning and end and her books in the story at the same time.
xAlex-Drakex chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
So beautiful, loved it!
Envy and Fury chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Wow, that was really sweet, and good, and wonderful. Remus and Lily. It was perfect. )
words behind my eyelids chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
That was... beautiful. Absolutely perfect. Sweet and poignant... Thank you.
ylana chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
This is a truly beautiful story!

(And one of the very few Lily/Remus stories I can stand to read.)

It just has a kind of clean symmetry to it, a kind of rhythm...

I loved the quotes at the beginning and the end, and how you sort of interweave them with the story.

I loved your portrayal of Lily, at once fierce and gentle.

I especially loved your portrayal of James, and his reaction at Lily and Remus getting together, that he was willing to step back for Remus' sake.

I also loved the humor sprinkled into the story in the form of "bad jokes", and the small hints at the future James/Lily pairing, just enough to satisfy the canon-shipper in me.

I loved how you made clear that this thing between Lily and Remus was just temporary, an "interlude"; and yet, it was not meaningless, for it left an impact on both their lifes (after all, Lily "would always wear gold jewelry").

Very, very well done!