Reviews for Campfire Stories, Season Three
SilverAngel99 chapter 24 . 5/7/2014
This has been such a beautiful ride through the season, thank you so much for taking the times and effort to write these stories, even with everything else that was going on in your life. They are certainly appreciated. The gooey, happy feeling hasn't left me since I started reading season 1!
SilverAngel99 chapter 3 . 5/6/2014
Okay, I just wanted to let you, as serious as this chapter was, that comment about Harriman has my stomach hurting because it's so, oh my god, perfect and HILARIOUS and such a fan kind of comedy that I love you forever for it. No, really. Your subtle inclusion of stuff like that is so amazing!
Sparky She-Demon chapter 13 . 9/10/2013
Loved this! Good job!
HeRonFan chapter 17 . 7/15/2013
Urgo...that episode was so fun. And this little piece...hmmm naughty thoughts were fun too and where they could all lead to find out just how much he affected them. But the, "That, just now...wasn't about Urgo." was nice. Their feelings are all real, no matter how much they've been enhanced. Smiles. Wink, wink.
HeRonFan chapter 18 . 7/15/2013
Homefires: Very moving. Saying goodbye and working through memories and emotions that can no longer be acted upon and coming to terms with that is a process for Jack on Edora and done really well here. As much as I cringed watching the episode, I was also warmed at Jack having the reality of someone in his life whom he could openly care for and and be cared about in turn. As a shipper, Laira just is not hate-worthy, and isn't that so frustrating! Jack was steadily becoming happy despite longing for home and Sam as he became more and more part of the community. It would be interesting to see Jack back on Earth, weighing his decision to come back. It was "nice" to see Sam let it out finally. She has such great dignity and integrity, and loyalty. Odd those characteristics come up for me before her intellect. 100 Days shows off her determination and obviously her love for O'Neill and her refusal to say goodbye-in this case and educated idealism to get him back at the outset. Oh...new idea: nature vs nurture...sure she has the intellect, but without the emotional impetus to put it into use, would Sam have invented the particle "doohickey"?
LOL...obviously, I like stories that make me continue to think on afterwards. Sorry to ramble. This was a great story, heartbreaking, but great. Truly. Thanks for sharing this one. More please!
HeRonFan chapter 6 . 6/15/2013
Sweet.
Regarding a title for this one...as soon as I read you were stumped on it, the way you ended it spoke volumes to me..."Checkered Past" for my two cents.
Okay, that was my break...back to marking.
HeRonFan chapter 5 . 6/10/2013
Okay, your title has ABBA going through my head. Trying to shake that off now.
Amusing "Oops!" fic. As I said, before, building the little things that they don't even seem to realize they do, like touching, and now it has caught up with them. We seem to be on the same wave length, and I swear I did not read ahead. Found myself smilling sheepishly for them. Great read.
HeRonFan chapter 4 . 6/10/2013
Well, well, well..Jack giving Sam his old oak leaves...seems like if he can't give her other jewelry, whatever type, this was his way of slipping something to her of his that she would be wearing. And she reciprocated. Subtle my ass! LOL! Wink. Wink.
HeRonFan chapter 2 . 6/8/2013
The little things...unaware that she was drinking Jack's coffee-but he was-wink. It really is the little things that mark the growth of a relationship. Relaxed and comforting.
I'm so pleased you opened up his thoughts as he was recovering in her arms from Hathor's freezing. This was a nice discussion, although, the entire time, I wondered if Teal'c or Daniel would pop their heads out of their tent and catch them. Glad this was uninterrupted. Also fitting was O'Neill taking over the discussion even if he isn't the best at talking about feelings. I think he manages quite well here. Personally, I loved the open jacket hug, but I don't think he would go that far in canon. But..."I'm okay with that." Sigh.
HeRonFan chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
Apologies, apologies...I've been "lurking". Reading and not reviewing, because I wasn't logged in. For shame! or the current vernacular: my bad!
I finished season two of campfire stories and will go back to comment later-all good thoughts, especially the fathers day card stuff and Sam's cut hand. Love it.
Now for this wonderful little nugget in your Sam and Jack history. It's fantastic. I laughed when Sam finally realized she loved him. D'uh! LOL. It was great, and I loved reading her thought processes. I enjoy your weaving in little things they do without realizing they're doing it, like his holding her hand, or other times when one continues to rub the other's back for longer than necessary. You seem to be building this repetition of subtle, soft, and silent connections and I really enjoy discovering a new one here and there.

Rationally, I think Carter could get away with a wee lie, easily here to Maypeace. She infiltrated the facility, planted the C-4 and ran into the Tok'Ra who told her O'Neill would be fine and followed her to free the Colonel. Not far off from the truth either, even if she was emotionally driven to go back "into the fire" herself.
His suggestion of her sticking around after the next team night, could be taken either way at this point-pro relationiship or his realization that this could be construed as over the line. It would be interesting to have another story here with O'Neill's thoughts and emotion during the hug.
As usual, you leave me with a sense of wonder and hope for this pair. Job well done on one of my favourite episodes.
RittannasFire chapter 5 . 5/31/2013
This is one of my favorites :)
hedwiggins chapter 3 . 5/29/2013
I understand why Sam felt so awful about using her mind to kill Seth. But, it was self-defense. Had she not done what she did, he would have killed her (or at least seriously injured her) and likely gotten away. Glad Jack got her to talk about it.

I love Jack's "Then . . . can you live with 'because it's . . . you're . . . important to me?"

A tiny little nitpick. They didn't go to Montana. Seth's house was "just north of Seattle", according to Daniel when he told everyone he'd found where Seth was. :)
bugintheforest chapter 17 . 4/20/2013
This was perfect! :)
bugintheforest chapter 14 . 4/20/2013
I figure jack was going with "I always saw them as the air force version of a gold star". At least, that's how I've viewed all the fancy bling the navy's given me over the years. ;)
Boogiebus chapter 8 . 2/25/2013
"Needing a distraction, she rapidly began to calculate the decay rate of Naquadah in a variable field array."
Lol.

I take the stories totally cannon. :)