Reviews for Who and Why
Crazymisscarly chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
This is the most perfect harry/ginny first time story ive ever read :')
faithless98 chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
I've lost count of the number of times I've read this story but I always find myself coming back to it. I'm currently working on a novel which is largely based on a past relationship of mine. What a lot of people don't realise is how upsetting it is to think back to those times so I'm really glad you included that in your authors note. Anyway, I'm quite worried about writing sex scenes. Particularly the one which was my first time, but you've given me something to refer to.
This is so perfectly written and you capture emotions and situations so well. The actual sex scene was realistic yet, undoubtedly, steamy and I hope to be able to portray that half as well as you have here.
In conclusion, I love this bit of writing and I'm so glad you persisted with it an posted it on here because actually - yes, it does sound like my first time!
Moccalove chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
i loved it! so realistic. of course it hurts, and there is no orgasm! really good
Bionicles chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
I love this! It was very realistic and we don't see many like this. Thanks ;)
nayin chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Wow! Very realistic first time experience
Beater with a Brain chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Hello there,

I really appreciate what you were trying to do with this piece of writing.

There are a lot of fics out there that make the first time having sex into something so overly romanticized. Often these fics are ones that have the same wash rinse repeat version of the same sex scene that is so nondescript and overdone that one has to wonder why it is included in the story to begin with.(I don't know if you've read any homosexual first time scenes, but they are even worse.) I honestly think that a lot of the fanfiction writers out there who attempt to write sex scenes are virginal girls who get all of their material for sex scenes from reading each other's work.

I apologize for the miniature rant, but I wanted to express how much I agree that a story like this is needed.

As I read this I was thinking about my first time, which was with the man to whom I am now engaged and, as in your story, occurred on a couch with my parents sleeping upstairs. But that was probably more information than you care to know. The first time having sex is always awkward and nearly always painful, even if the who and the why are right.

I have been reading fanfiction for the past seven years and know that this is only the second story that I have found that makes me appreciate the author's authenticity when dealing with the loss of virginity. Thank you for taking the time to write this fic. It is appreciated, at least by me.

Keep writing, and keep being real,

Beater with a Brain
Mug chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Quite a bit of fluff, but I can accept that. :)
Ms.99.9 chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Nice story but i think u should write more chapters. I love Harry and Ginny stories.
thegirliknow chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
one of the cutest stories i have ever encountered,also the first first time story that isn't awkward enough to need improving and not the intense times when the couple comes together with a bang. just lovely :)
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Hmmm.
sbmcneil chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Very nice, realistic story. I remember those giggling talks with my girlfriends and the that's going to go where feeling - very well done.
wordhammer chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
I am, once again, blown away by the realism and poignancy you bring to your stories. This was sweet, funny and stirring. This is a story worth every bit of pride you have for it.

Okay, now that my feelings are clear, I have a criticism.

From the first author's note, right at the top: "This is hopefully an anecdote to all those ridiculous first time fics..."

While this is an anecdote (a story of one's experience told to make a point), what you mean by the sentence is 'Antidote' (a cure for a common ailment, in this case excessively unrealistic descriptions of first-time sex).

And with that, I'm off to read everything else you've posted.
tigerlily chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
I's sure a good bunch of reviewers have already told you this, but, you hit the nail on the head ;-) Great job, I don't know why, but this was perfect. In the words of Goldilocks, "Just Right."
Aggiebell chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
I know this story is a few years old, but I just found it, and I couldn't leave without reviewing. This is really beautifully done. The touches of humor, the way we got into Ginny's head through the first person narrative (I'm actually a big fan of first person; it's harder to write than you might think, but if it's done well, it's very effective, and this, IMO, was first person done well), and the utter *realism* of the whole fic-from Ginny's dreams of how it will happen and then the way those dreams change as she grows and matures, to her missed attempt with Dean because the "who" wasn't right, to the messy, awkward, fumbling, painful, wonderful first time. You definitely hit the nail on the head with this. I think the fact that it was so personal for you took this from being just another first time story (albeit not your typical first time story) and turned it into something really special. Thank you for sharing this.

Julie
Epeefencer chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Hannah,

Wonderful, touching and exceedingly well written. I am not usually a fan of first person, narratives and will admit that I had a tough time getting started, but the more I read the more I liked it.

I felt like I was inside of Ginny's head and experiencing it with her. You did an amazing job with just the right amount of sensuality, hesitancy and awkwardness.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Steve