Reviews for Skinned Knees and Second Chances
Summer of '69 chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
In my head, Pike has leg braces and forearm crutches to get around on his own and that's the way it is. Thank you for making it into as close as reality as we can get without treading on J.J. Abrams territory.
JAGNikJen chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
This was really well written. Nice to see some fics about some of the other minor characters.

Thanks for sharing.

Jen
Sareh chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
But there was at least one frontier left. One uncharted land left for him to discover.

Aww! That's so lovely. I really like your depiction of Pike here. And his XO was great, also. I can see why they fell for each other.

This is a great story. I hope to read more of your Star Trek fics in the future. :)
Beguile chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
This is, without a doubt, my favourite story on the site right now. I've read and reread it about fifteen times since you posted it. Everything about this piece is just so, so right. You've done some awesome things with Pike's character; I loved the amalgamation of the old and the new with Number One. Pike's line about how he can't pronounce her name cracked me up! This was absolutely fantastic. The sequel was wonderful too. I hope you'll post more about Pike! Thanks so much for this :)
Christina TM chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
I liked this story. You managed to explore a new side of Pike while still keeping him in character. My only suggestion might be that you could explain what an Ilyrian is-an alien species we've not heard of? An obscure place on Earth? It was a little confusing.
23roses chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
aw...
Kadigan chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Aaww. Seriously. Adorable.
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Frakkin' awesome! Thanks so much for getting those two together and giving Chris something bright to look forward to.

Great handle on the Trek details making it a joy to read for a fan and simple enough for a newbie to get.*applause* And as ever I'm in awe of your grasp of human nature and the ability to write it in an elegantly pared down fashion.

Always thrilled to read anything you post. Can't wait for your next piece.

-Ellie
mhgood chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Very, very cool. Well-written, too! Number One is an amazing character. I'm glad you've taken the time to explore her more!
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Very well done. I'm really not interested in Pike, but this was a great fic nonetheless, and was extremely well written (of course). Excellent job. :)

Red
mel chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Great story! There aren't enough Pike stories here! Any chance of a sequel?
FirstDraft chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Great little story - very nice to see more of Pike, who was done as brilliantly in the film as everyone else. I'd love to read more if this story has more than one chapter. Your OC worked really well and his interaction with her was very convincing and natural as well.
Sirius7 chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
This is absolutely beautiful. Is there any chance for more (even though I know it's listed as already complete)?

Sirius
Noonshade chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I really liked this, I liked that it was a focus on Pike who appears to be mostly ignored in this fandom, and his past and history. And I liked the writing style in general, it was lighthearted and it made me smile.

Sometimes I feel it can be hard to connect with an unnamed character, but I feel here it works better than I would have thought, maybe because her name is unpronounceable?

If you feel like writing more Pike stories, then I would delight in reading them.

So basically I really enjoyed it.

Noonshade