Reviews for Whatever It Takes
xAlex-Drakex chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
I completely loved this song fic. You chose a really lovely song and it completely fits Alex and Gene's relationship. Your storyline was perfect and fitted well with the song. Words cant explain how much I love this story! x
theHuntgoeson chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
After your red-hot smutfics, what a surprise - a very welcome one, I should add - to encounter this beautiful, deeply moving examination of Gene and Alex in love, with their secret angsts, their insecurities, their understandings and misunderstandings, their bitter quarrels, and running through it all, the golden thread of their deep love and their need of one another. The delving into Gene's background, and his disastrous marriage, is especially well done, as is his eventual swallowing of his pride and his awkward declaration of what she truly means to him. And the lovely touch of hope for the future at the very end. Beautiful, please write more like this.
Siggy chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
This is so emotional and so touching and yet still so true to the characters.

I loved all the background on Gene and his complex inner thoughts but of course, also loved the ending with its promise of hope.

Simply gorgeous.
AbiMF chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
I'm the first to admit I'm not the best person ever when it comes to reviewing, but that just took my breath away, literally I couildn't breathe for a moment at the end there, you captured their emotions so perfectly. Loved it,

Abi x
Eleantris chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Wow. This is amazing too. I just read your one about how Alex felt about Gene, the K one, I odn't know how else to refer to it, I forgot the title! Sorry! Anyway - this story! it's really amazing, i love it! Your a really good writer when you write things like this, I haven't read your others because I don't read M but these that I have read are seriously good. Well done! D
louella chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Lovely journey through Gene and Alex's relationship, and refreshingly straightforward after the trauma we've been thrown at the end of episode 8. Didn't think you needed the song though - the fic stands well on its own.
Gem6 chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Oh now that is so utterly perfect...so beautifully written, just the right amount of tenderness on Gene's side but still keeping his air of masculinity.

Perfect...one for my favourites list I think.

Gem x
lioness2611 chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I'd never heard of this song before now, just listened to it on Youtube and I've totally fallen in love with it so thanks for that. As for the story I think it was fantastic, you wrote Gene's torment beautifully and I love the ending.
R. Scott chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
'...if she wanted to cry about Molly every night that was fine, as long as she did it in the crook of his arm with her face in his neck and her smell in his nostrils, and just so long as her tears were falling onto his skin, and as long as her hand was seeking out his chest for the reassuring pulse of his heartbeat, not anyone else’s...'

*Sigh* What a beautiful, heartbreaking line. Great story. Believable, bitter-sweet, full of angst. Just my cup of tea. :o)