Reviews for Miscalculation
murphycat chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
Haha! Short, sexy, suave!
Salysha chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
This is my favorite of your works. Very fluent!

I like the narrative; this story keeps it together really well. The characterizations are nice; the opening sequence with the coffee gave promise already, and I did have a good laugh the irony when Mason rambled that making is a domestic task, only for Della to offer him some... That's the kind of humor we need!

Slight cause for a raised brow: Della wearing (thinking of) wearing slacks? What era are you basing this on? Considerably later than I thought? It was skirts-only for women. Other notes: consider italics for thoughts (single quotation marks are typewriter era) and fix the word for "(she hadn't) taken off" (*took off).

Paul Drake's characterization is also spot-on. He's cheerful, almost boisterous after cracking the case. His comment about the now-married man "now the fiancé is the one in prison" is golden! His cat-and-mouse with Della is also spot-on. They do play that game.

I'll repeat myself, but I liked the narrative voice in general. It wasn't wordy, but the word use was very economical instead, which kept the going clear and concise. Good work!
Chrate chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
*Gasp* This is a seriously hot story! Loved it!
delia cerrano chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
How many times I wished this is what had happened on screen or in the books!
likes-it-bubbly chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Now THIS just made it right on top of my favorites list! :) Awesomeness from top to bottom. Beautiful sentences, great mood and so much tenderness paired with heat. Now at least we know that Perry never only dropped Della off at her apartment but went back to see her after the camera went off. ;) Something along the lines of that at least. Sweet! I really loved this. Just made me happy, also because it featured Paul as well. Great stuff! :) :)
Michelle285 chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
I like this one a lot! :) I was super annoyed with Perry when he told her to go home...although that is exactly like him! :) I laughed so hard when Paul arrived with Perry at Della's door. What a dissapointment! :) I also really liked Paul's conversation with Della. It just made me smile. When Perry left...I just knew he would come back! :) And of course, Della and Perry towards the end. Great! :) I really liked this one of yours! :) It kind of made my day! :)
GratefullyDead chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Yow! Really excellent and great Gardner-esque touches. Is there more?
Ayjah chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
lol way to go Perry!
Queen of Spiritual chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
I like the story so far, Captian. It's an aye! I have updated my Perry Mason crossover if you want to check it out. It's still not very long as yet. I did enjoy this first chapter. Keep it up and I will read more of it once there's more.
Marjorie Nescio chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
I like them Captain. Especially Della, who laughed after the cold shower remark. The story has nice one-liners and the body language is good as well.
Quinnie03 chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Oh I kinda like Perry and Della, well in fact I really like Perry and Della...now this is passion that has been kept underwraps for far to long and along come a writer who can unleash it all in a whisper...supa dupa stuff..
Mason Fan chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Loved this. Well structored, thought out & written, sexy without being smarmy or gooey, and doesn't go into plumbing details best left to the reader's imagination - Now I am off to see what else you have written!
GraceBe chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
You're a Perry-Mason-Fan as well! What a coincidence ;-)

Very promising start! Love Della & Perry!
Michelle Weiner chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
I left you a review at the group but I wanted to leave you one here as well. This was great. I just loved it-my kind of story. I especially loved the last part and the way he kissed her-OMG WRITE ANOTHER STORY SOON PLEASE.
marcho chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
WOW!

Loved it. Please write more!