Reviews for LAURELS
melliemellie chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I like this a lot. You've obviously done your research about the world she inhabits and everything which adds to the authenticity. I do think, however, that the chapters would era better in chronological order but that's just me and my OCD coming out. Keep up the good work x
Kenz chapter 10 . 5/10/2011
Wonderful ]

It's really cool to see the development of Brynn and Martin's relationship, friends only get closer when one of them takes a step out of their comfort zone and risks making things awkward. Martin holding Brynn could've gone badly but it didn't and they're closer now because of it.

And of course I have to congratulate you on the portrayal of your characters. I've always pictured Jauffre as a mother hen type. Well a manly mother hen...maybe a father hen...or something... The point is he's protective to a fault sometimes. The Blades and the Emperor are like his children, he feels responsible for them and understandably Martin rebels at that concern. He doesn't know Jauffre well and he doesn't need or want another parent. So I'm really happy you had a peevish Martin, even priests have their limits.

Well I've rambled enough for one review, so I bid you adieu.

Keep up the great writing _
Kenz chapter 8 . 5/5/2011
Awww...I loved it ]

I really like the vignettes, and the interaction between Brynn and Martin. Everything feels very natural, which can be hard to find in a fluff related story. I've never been a huge fan of the "Nerevarine turned Champion of Cyrodiil" type of character, but Brynn is so humble that it works.

I can't believe the lack of reviews, this is fantastic.

Keep up the awesomness _
Crazed-Authoress chapter 6 . 12/7/2009
Wow...I've never been a huge Martin fan, but this has definitely converted me! I adore this story, please continue!
luvondarox chapter 6 . 8/27/2009
I love this take on Oblivion, and the story of Brynn and Martin. Your characters are wonderfully portrayed, and you've done a great job at fleshing out Martin, whose character I was minorly disappointed in during the game (but then, I just played KOTOR, so I was hoping to harass him about his past like one could harass Onasi). I love how he 'bends' to Brynn's wishes; "And now I'm eating" made me laugh out loud. I can definitely picture Martin doing that.

The only catch to this story - for me - is that I've never played the other games, so I don't much understand Brynn's history. But you've written these chapters in such a way where they're still friendly to people like me. (It's actually making me want to find the game, now.) _

I can't wait to read more!
maskedpainter chapter 6 . 8/11/2009
it was nice to see exactly how martin might be feeling about being the heir and exactly how it would effect him. not may focus on his emotions more of the chapions but the main quest isn't just about the champion its about martian and the blades but so many forget about Martin and his feelings it nice to see those who do and write out scenes that illustrate him and his emotions

in short i loved this chapter and i hope to see more soon!

Ellagne chapter 5 . 7/16/2009
I agree with maskedpainter, this was a sweet chapter and I quite liked your description of the grove. Though I'm not a large fan of PCxMartin (there are too many out there), I think you are writing the romance well. Please update soon!
maskedpainter chapter 5 . 7/15/2009
this was a sweet chapter, i rather liked it i lot and its so...well written i could visually see both brynn and martin in this little winter-ish grove just taking a moment to escape from a dark reality.

loved it and can't wait for more!

maskedpainter chapter 4 . 6/14/2009
poor brynn shame on martin for scaring her like that! you know for a very evil book the Xarxes does look very harmless. maybe that's so it can lure you into dagons thrall and corrupt you?

well again another great chapter loving it and waiting for more!

May you walk always in the shadow of Sithis.

~MP (Silencer of the Dark Brotherhood)
maskedpainter chapter 3 . 6/10/2009
hey there another great chapter i feel sorry for Brynn i hate it when your playing and it seems every bandit imp wolf goblin and whatnot seems to be in your path keeping you from your destination. i can't wait for more to come!

maskedpainter chapter 2 . 6/9/2009
this is an intresting story i think its very well written and i liked your characters and such i can't wait to see more of this fic i hope you update soon!