Reviews for Teach Him His Place
LongLiveThorn chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
I'm gonna cry now. Poor Neil...
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
I really kind of wonder of L.M.'s portrayal of Italians, Tribal Indians, and French Canadians sometimes. If she's just pointing out the general emotion of the times or if she genuinely has a racist slant. I don't remember the Kilmeny story that well. I THOUGHT when I read it that Neil's Italian-ness (and the way people treated him for it) was just something that helped lead to some shady decisions for that particular character and not something that was inherently flawed in his make-up. Maybe I was just giving L.M. the benefit of the doubt though.
IrregularHonour chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Oh dear! Yet I must commend you. It never occurred to me while reading the book to ponder the character of Neil any further than as it was presented. You've given him depth and made him easier to relate to. I notice you seem to have the knack of investigating a particular character and bringing out hidden qualities and traits. This makes your writing stand out from the crowd by offering meaning.
MissFrodoBaggins chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I CRIED so hard when I read the audiobook of this story and Neil Gordon was dissed like this. The author was clearly bias and she didn't notice the fault in being racist against Italians. How could you dislike Italian boys? They're so hot! lo amo me li ragazzi italiani! Plus it was so sad when Kilmeny got with that stupid Eric Marshall because he loved her first and Neil... Well anyway good story :D