Reviews for By The Pricking Of My Thumbs
DreamShadows chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Aw! Poor Sammy! But you do write his pain and confusion so well!

I almost wanted to clock Dean one at the end of this chapter, he never did know when to keep his yap shut!

Take care, continue soon!

-Ana
Madebyme chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
That was a great read and I like lovely long chunky chapters, it means that I can really get my teeth stuck into the story!

I enjoyed seeing the return of the shtriga and you had me guessing there for a while! And poor Sam, he's not having much luck huh, what with a bus crash, a spine injury, being kidnapped and then attacked by the shriga! And now he has to deal with his recovery and the fallout with his family.

Exciting read and looking forward to more. Take care, Madebyme.x
cuddygirl18 chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
i love it! please continue.
cindy123 chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Wow, wonderful start! Poor Sam. I'm so glad that Sam isn't permanently paralyzed. I wish Dean and John would give Sam a chance. I think he more than deserves it. I know Dean will come around, John I'm not so sure of. Can't wait for more.

Cindy.
maxandkiz chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Awesome start!

Oh Sammy! Talk about a horrible day! That's got to be the worst day on record! Thank goodness Dean saw that news report and put two and two together.

Yes! He killed the shtriga and got Sam back! Bet he's going to have fun explaining what the shtriga said to Sam.

Dang, Dean sounds just like John! Sam needs his support now not this. The poor kid's been through enough already. How dare Dean tell him everything was his fault. Don't see this ending well. :)

Lisa
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Poor Sammy. This had to be such a hard time in Sam's life, even without a bus crash and a shtriga attack. What's really sad is that he doesn't even know what this is or why it recognizes him-just drives home how Sam was kept on the outside for so long. It seems funny that Dean and John wouldn't get why Sam felt like he didn't belong in the family when they spent all of Sam's life keeping things from him.

Poor, hurt boy. He needs a hug. Now.

Well, a gentle hug. He does have a spinal injury after all!
Floralia chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Poor Sam. I love the paramedic’s reaction, and the fact they’re going to let the doctor’s ‘figure it out’. That doesn’t sound promising for Sam. And Dean’s nervous waiting and babbling is so well done. It’s such an interesting idea to use the shtriga here. Kidnapped, drained, and with a spinal injury - you don't pull any punches.

Dean had such a way with words when he was trying to find Sam, it’s such a shame that now Sam’s safe that gift spectacularly fails him.
AnickaMarie chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Great start to the fic. Love how you managed to combine the Pilot and Something Wicked. Just a Winchester's luck to run into a shtriga from his past when injured.
SamDeanLove chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
More.. More.. please hurry up!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
What a great start and a fantastic belated birthday present for ST! Loved how you have combined Sam leaving for Stanford with the Shtriga from Something Wicked. Only Sam could be unlucky enough to be in a coach crash and kidnapped by Hydecker! Great Dean putting two and two together from the new footage and setting off to make sure his little brother was okay. And good job he overheard Mandy's conversation about losing Sam! Perfect Dean making it to Hydecker's place, destroying him and rescuing Sam but his concern has come out wrong at the hospital telling Sam if he had never left he would have been safe. That is not going to help the youngest Winchester at all.

Looking forward to the continuation of this story.
ritsam chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
AWESOME story like your others! Just outstanding. Aww, I love Something Wicked episode as well as Pilot, but you mixed those in a very nice way, brilliant. Yeah, Sam was very tormented when he had been told if you go stay gone! But the accident, striga attack and then Dean's those words, poor boy, he had had much. He's so hurt, so broken internally for being a needy one. Awesome story, I'm just overwhelmed. Keep it up and update early. Waiting for the next.

Love

Ritu.
Sylvie91 chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Omg! Great start. I can't believe that happened to Sammy. And how could Dean tell Sammy that his accident was practically his own fault? I don't even want to imagine what is going through his head : (

Is John going to show up at all? Please update soon. I think this story has a really interesting plot.
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
wow, that was ALL kinds of brilliance. Just. awesome.
skag trendy chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Love it! It's a wonderful gift for a story and so worth the wait.

Poor Sam. After all that, and given that he's still badly injured, you'd think Dean could have given him a break. Having said that, my dad would have reacted the same. Can't keep their mouths shut until a more appropriate time.

That could be detremental to Sam's recovery.

Well done hon. The angst is so thick I can almost taste it, and the limpness is pure genius.

Can't wait for more.

Thank you so much for this, and thanks to your team for all their help.

Love and hugs,