Reviews for Polarity
RonaldM40196867 chapter 8 . 6/25/2021
Spidey is pretty inspirational.
RonaldM40196867 chapter 7 . 6/25/2021
Rhino is pretty big.
RonaldM40196867 chapter 4 . 6/25/2021
Oh boy.
RonaldM40196867 chapter 3 . 6/25/2021
Speed Demon is kinda cool.

Boomerang is here.
RonaldM40196867 chapter 2 . 6/25/2021
Poor Shocker.
RonaldM40196867 chapter 1 . 6/25/2021
Avengers are cool.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 38 . 3/14/2021
An interesting and original bit of work, despite the superficially simple premise.
The idea of a zombie apocalypse in the Marvel Universe might bear obvious similarities to ‘Marvel Zombies’, but you definitely win points for the originality of the decision to make the Shocker of all people your central character rather than a more distinctive hero or villain.
What makes this fic even better is that you use Shocker as a character in a manner that never compromises his traditional character interpretation, acknowledging such details as his technical expertise and pragmatic approach to his criminal activities. Even his darker moments such as his attempt to kill Trapster during ‘Identity Crisis’ are touched on without ever making it seem strange for him to suddenly be trying to save strangers’ lives amid this chaos.
Credit is also deserved for the way you explore the various subtle advantages of Shocker’s less obvious skills, such as his safecracking expertise, while also looking at a range of ways in which he can use his gauntlets beyond the obvious idea of just throwing sound vibrations at people. Each action he takes and his interaction with other heroes and villains is always handled well, while he only gets into a direct fight with villains who are arrogant enough to think that they might benefit from the new world or just stupid enough not to care about the consequences (Vulture might have had his own company before he turned to crime but the fact that he lost control of it makes it clear he’s not exactly a long-term thinker, and Electro’s obviously just an amped-up thug). By contrast, the heroes who meet with him are always willing to give him a chance whether they’ve either fought him before or heard about him via Spider-Man, with the wall-crawler’s easy acceptance of his enemy’s actions perfectly in-keeping with Spidey’s desire to help first and foremost.
Of course, no Spider-Man fic of this nature would be properly complete without your excellent use of Norman Osborn, who once again shows why he’s so high-up in Spidey’s rogue’s gallery even after two decades ‘dead’; just intelligent enough to get himself into a position of power and play some dangerously twisted games with his enemies, but not smart enough to realise why he’s never going to get the RESPECT he wants more than anything else.
Even the final battle was handled well, as the heroes and villains are faced with such a significant threat that an alliance is the only sane response even when faced with a threat as significant as Dormammu. I particularly appreciated the additional minor ‘crossover’ as Shocker played his own part in the final showdown, achieving victory through a fascinating twist before the villain gets a particularly well-deserved final fate.
Granted, a couple of losses were particularly depressing, but in something this high-stakes, it would almost be unrealistic if NOBODY we liked died during these events.
gordhanx chapter 38 . 10/31/2020
So glad, I managed to read this all the way through, this Halloween. This was absolutely wonderful. You did a great job, making Shocker's turn from a low-level crook to a full on hero, through the zombie apocalypse. He has so much great character in here, making for a really likable protagonist, with fun relationships with everyone else. His friendship with Rhino, was absolutely heartwarming, if tragic at the end. And man, the writing in here is superb, being incredibly witty and fun, yet super dark when it needs to be. There's some great action in here, great comedy, a lot of awesome Hell Yeah moments and overall, it was just nice seeing the more obscure characters from the Marvel Universe, getting a chance to shine. Really loved this story. A great Halloween treat.
Royalist Samurai Oni chapter 38 . 9/28/2020
I absolutely love this story. When I first read it, I cold barely go throughout the day without grabbing up my phone and getting another chapter in. The depth and... emotional impact? Character? I do not know, but what you did with Herman was just amazing. I too had an interest in spider mans more b list villains, but never sought out to learn more about them. The whole story is beautiful, combat was a little long to read through, but thats personal taste. I hope to see you write again, and plan to kick off my own story, done with the despicable Mac Gargan! Thank you for writing this story, and I hope in life you are doing well.
Dr.equinox chapter 38 . 3/20/2020
Oh my fucking god i loved it. Binged it in a day and couldn't be happier. Thank you
dogbertcarroll chapter 38 . 10/26/2019
An excellent story from beginning to end.
Eragen chapter 38 . 10/21/2019
Damn. What a read.
Fantastic, intriguing, amazing characters, sustained narration, and really made a zombie apocalypse with supers interesting.
Loved the depiction of Herman, and the writing quality was superb; not a spelling error in sight.
Really wished this was continued, but marvelous nonetheless.
Lennex MacDuff chapter 38 . 10/2/2019
Wow! What a great fic! I love how you went so deep with all these lower-tier villains and really fleshed them out! And it seemed like such a better crisis than the Marvel Zombie comics which was just depressing as hell to read as far as I'm concerned. Romero style zombies with the superhero twist was a great call!

Your Herman Schultz was such a great character! Hard to equate him to the generic villain the Shocker usually is. And Rhino was so we'll done as well! A great job all around! It was one crisis after the next but it all flowed so well! A fitting end to Osborne and a great idea to briefly show the standard Marvel Zombie verse to finish him off.

So glad to have found this! This is going on my favorite list!
302 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »