Reviews for Soul Meets Body
JumpinPopTarts chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
This fic is just the most exquisite thing I have read in a long time.

I am just (re)reading Across the Nightingale Floor and falling in love with the world of the Otori all over again. Somehow Makoto just didn't stand out to me the first time I read the series (I was pretty young, maybe I just glossed it all over!) but this time his love for Takeo shone through so strongly for me that I logged on here hoping that someone had the talent to capture it and give their relationship the focus that it deserves.

You, my friend, have not only done that, but created a masterpiece.

You've captured Lian Hearn's rich and textured writing style, got the characterisations perfectly and allowed in a depth of tenderness that the books themselves rarely have time for. I love Takeo's energy and Makoto's peacefulness, the soft and sensitive way you brought out the depth and breadth of their time together and your ability to show such strong emotion whilst keeping it PG- something so many writers on here fail to do!

Ahh, waffle. I'm no great literary critic but, in short, I can safely say that I loved every word.

Thanks so much for a great read, I think I'll go and look at the rest of your stuff now! :)

xJPTx
enapets21 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
OMG This is so sad! You wrote it beautifully and you sounded alot like th author! I loved it!
wata-sama chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
I think it's just great

this story

the book

the writing style

arg i nearly cired when takeo died T.T

you did a great job
AlexandraTheAlright chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Aww, I feel sad now. I love that song. And Makoto. I just feel so bad for him. He follows Takeo around like a lost puppy when they're together and he would do anything for him. It's just so sad. In the actual books it's unrequited, and here Takeo's dead. -cries for Makoto's pain-

I liked it though3