Reviews for Adversary
So good :)
rememberingremus chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
interesting read
TheSpringLover chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Simply beautiful. I love it, I love your writing, I love your style, and, most importantly, I love the fact that you don't do sissy and stupid endings.

Continue!

Shalhevet chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Wow. Ur crazy talented! I acualy felt this piercing, sharp bitter pain for sirius... and felt Hermoine's sudden worry at the final scene

Even through the subjects (drinking,writing,love) are not ones I can realy identify with, you made them... REAL
LolaCherryColaGirl chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
You can never say that this is bad. The writing is excellent, the characters intriguing, the plot leaves you thinking. Still, there's something about it that's just ... off. Maybe.

It might not be my place to ask, but has that ever happened to you? Have you finished writing something and then hated your reality? I have to think so, because you describe it so well. I have tried it several times. My life has been filled with hard stuff, and I deal by writing, And it's about as unhealthy as Sirius' addiction, but it's the only way I know how.

Anything that challenges your mind like this deserves a review and a good job.

X X X LolaCherryColaGirl
dulceInvierno chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
i didn't like it, but i do respect a beautiful peace of work. thank u :)
dancelikeyoujustdontcare chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Hermione is such a bitch! I like the way you gave her some emotion towards the end though
EYESvioletEYES chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Wow!

I've gotta say this is some of your best work!

by far one of my favorites!

the writing is extraordinary. :)
SeasonVelvet chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
This story was really not about the characters - it's the fiction version of you. I don't care how "purposeful" it all was, either.

Intriguing, and maddening. The story plus your little blurb leaves one quite bitter, thinking faintly of arrogance, self-involvement, and self proclaimed genius. I'm not sure if that's Hermione, or if it's you.

I wonder who Sirius is.

PS: Very well done, well written. I liked it, truly. Do not take the above too personally - it was the remnants of your tale infecting me momentarily. I read your other reviews . . . seems I am not the only one. Interesting.
Witchy-grrl chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Wow. This had a strange European film noir-type vibe to it that was intriguing, but I can't help but be uncomfortable with the characters you've created. They stopped being Sirius and Hermione to me, and became like your original characters. Don't get me wrong, I think this was beautifully done...but inserting their names almost detracted from the story for me, if that makes sense. I just couldn't imagine THOSE TWO acting out all of this.

But...yeah. Interesting. :D
sinful delight chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Great story! Reminds me of the play/movie 'The Shape Of Things'. I love the interaction between Sirius & Hermione. She's so cold and harsh but you still can't help but feel sorry for her by the end of it all. Writing the story didn't just destroy Sirius, it destroyed her as well. So much so that she lost herself along the way of writing it.

I think my favorite part was this here:

'I mean you're not real. You spent so much time making your book real, that you've lost yourself. Look at you. Do you even know who you are anymore.'

'I'm smart.' offered Hermione.

Amazing work! You definitely achieved making the characters seem real... let's just hope you didn't use Hermione's method. ; )

sin
clap your hands say claire chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Yes, this story was confusing. I consider myself at least moderately intelligent, and I enjoy a type of "keeping the reader somewhat in the dark" kind of confusion, but I must say that I didn't particularly appreciate this story because the pieces of past and present weren't separate enough. And when Sirius was reading that book, well, would it have been so hard to put the excerpts from the novel in italics? Because I was floundering. Also, I understand that you wanted to leave the ending open, but it wasn't really a satifying open ending, more like a "oh, it's finished, well that was weird" kind of ending. Don't get me wrong, you're a good writer, but I really think that you could do with a beta or something, just to get another point of view on the construction of your thoughts.
Sweetly Sarcastic chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
This was amazing. And while it's not Rowling's characters, it isn't a huge stretch to imagine them becoming that way. That may not make sense. But you were right about flashbacks; I generally hate them because they do mess with the flow, and your story had such great flow and it wasn't hard to keep up. Really, it was a great one-shot.
siriuslives394 chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Hm. I'm a reluctant reviewer, and I'm leaving you a reluctant review.

This was an interesting story. Really, it was. It seemed less like a fanfic, and more like an original story. This was... honestly, utterly depressing. That seemed to be what you were going for, as was made evident through your heavy usage of serious subject matter, and depressing themes.

I do wish there had been more of an explanation of the back-story. By this, I mean, /why/ Sirius and Hermione turned out the way they had. The characters aren't unbelievable, by any means, but I think that that may had added a degree more realism. However, this may have impacted the flow of the story – something you would have wanted to avoid.

I really did enjoy this. It was depressing, but not in an angsty, teen way. It's more of a ... deeply felt, serious feeling.

I'm not sure what exactly I'm trying to articulate with this.

Needless to say, this was fantastic, if a tad confusing at times.

Great work.
Laurie Jupiter chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Wow, this story had such a powerful impact on me that I felt the need to review. I was on the hunt for Sirius/Hermione fics and I stumbled into this one, thinking it was going to be just another one of those romantic one-shots, but I was so wrong. It was very depressing how Hermione lost herself in her work, that in the end it felt like she wrote a huge diary for the whole world to read because she put everything that she had into it. Both of them were on the path to self-destruction and couldn't stop, even if they wanted to, not that they did. Again, this was such a moving fic and I agree with all the other reviewers that you can actually publish this into a short story, just you know, alter some stuff a little. Great work. :)