Reviews for Honoring Jet
weasley-twins-41 chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
AWWWWWWW! I really feel like Jet wasn't in the series enough. Excellent job with this!
JansenFriedh827 chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
Ooh, very nice! I'm glad someone posted a story about Jet that's not Jetko or Jetzula, just JET. XD But a few things. I wish you would add more 'he said' or 'she replied' or something. Maybe one of the sentences you had there had who was speaking, and it was really hard to tell who was saying what. The only way I knew was from some context clues and past knowledge, and I only knew a few of them from that. Another thing is in the end, the 'Stop'. I feel like it kind of ends abruptly. I mean, I'm not sure what you could replace it with; maybe something like,

'Beat.

Beat.

Stutter.

... Beat.

... Beat.

...' Or something instead of 'Stop'. but great story! :D Keep writing!
Vitani chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
Jet is my favorite character from the "Avatar" world, so thank you for taking the time to write about him! Although I didn't really feel this was much of your own story so much as a transcript of his scenes; you should consider adding more details, emotions, and depth. It's his POV, so what's he feeling? What's he seeing (besides the obvious)? Dig a little deeper.

A few technical pointers: try to stay in character. Too often you throw in random thoughts (like "Hey, I'm trying not to die here!" and "Thank you, Mystery Person.") which don't sound like Jet - they sound like YOU being sarcastic. Also, avoid those urges to put your voice in the story. You wrote: "Aang stroked the clump. (sorry, but WTF?)" As a writer, you should be inside Aang's head and understand what he's feeling; if you don't, then don't criticize him.

Mind your spelling. You misspelled Dai Li every time save for once. A few times you missed some quotation marks, too.

Write action sequences! I was bummed because you left out the entire battle with the agents. I love a good weapons battle, which is why I like Jet and the Freedom Fighters (no Bending). Speaking of that, Jet doesn't use swords; their Twin Hooks. Just FYI.

Anyway, I feel we might have different view-points on Jet's overall character, but thanks for writing about him! Hope this helps, and good luck! :)
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
No one's TRULY evil in the show, at least not completely - Mike and Bryan have stated that all the characters are grey. Even Long Feng, though nasty, wasn't. Like Sozin, like Ozai, he genuinely believed that he was right. What I mean is, few people really CONSIDER themselves to be evil. These aren't silly 'cartoon villains', these are realistic people in these situations - they don't state they're evil, it's simply hard - no, IMPOSSIBLE - to make them realise they're wrong ...

But anyway, I agree with you. I feel sorry for Jet, for all that I felt his death was realistic - and anybody who claims he survived THAT attack, I'll lock them in a dark room for 24 hours at least! I think you described his point of view rather well, although you should try and add some imput we DON'T know. What I loved, though, was the last segment - the 'beat, beat, stutter' was like a ticking clock representing his life, slowly grinding its way to a halt ... well done on that.

gODSPEED!