Reviews for Complications of War
Guest chapter 22 . 12/14/2013
a really wonderful story!
RoyalBlood18 chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
I absolutely love this story , I never thought from the beginning that the story would end the way it did . But it was a great ending , everything was . This story was very well written !
FicklePen chapter 14 . 8/22/2011
I have no idea why I'm reading this, but my finger kept clicking to the next chapter hoping that this didn't go the way of rape!fic and love!withrapist.

Sadly it did, and I'm left with a horrible taste in my mouth. It's such a shame because the writing isn't terrible, but I just can't bare to see a raped woman fall for her abuser.
Jane McBrennen chapter 2 . 12/20/2010
I hope he dies. I hope he fucking dies! I normally like Tav/OC fics but right now I hope he fucking DIES in AGONY! I'd kill him myself if he was real! DIE, Tavington, DIE! _

(You're writing is awesome by the way) ;)
Loves History chapter 19 . 4/27/2010
Oh my word! That was so sad, I have tears in my eyes as I'm writing this..
Loves History chapter 10 . 4/27/2010
I just can't stop reading this story, it's so good.

Talk about a plan backfiring! I laughed at Ban though when Tav told him that he was getting married...

Tav is a man who likes to be in control of his world, and Caroline just became part of that world. She is his property, nothing more...
Loves History chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
So I've delved into the world that is Complications of War.

I really love how you have set up the Colonel in the first chapter...pure cold, hard authority.

Looking forward to reading more.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 22 . 7/1/2009
Well, that is a lovely story. I'm sorry it's over so soon. I like the idea of Tavingotn, like Tarleton, studying law. Your Tavington could well be positioned for a political career, too. Interesting idea. I'm glad you posted this story at ffdotnet, and I look forward to the Tavington/Anne story, too. You could even consider a sequel to Complications some day!
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 21 . 6/30/2009
Well, this "marriage by capture" has a good chance of working out. Sad for Jane and Deborah, but that's the wheel of fortune for you. And I can see Tavington very much as a man who would be taken with having a son!
JScorpio chapter 21 . 6/29/2009
The funeral is a nice, yet sad touch. I don't remember it from before, so this must be part of the revision! Good.
JScorpio chapter 20 . 6/29/2009
I'm so glad this story has been posted here. It was always and still is a favorite of mine. I've read the "old" version of the story so many times that I was able to notice some of the subtle changes and revisions.

Just one question: so of the wager between Colonel Banastre Tarleton and Captain Bordon to "have congress" with the most women in the colonies, which officer won?
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 20 . 6/26/2009
Ah! The Revenge of Tavington. Very cleverly done, so nothing can be proved. Nothing easier to murder a man in the midst of battle. Very much in character.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 19 . 6/26/2009
Doggone it! I hate it that Jane dies, though you handle it well. It's very touching that Jane and Caroline are close enough for Jane to make that last request of her.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 18 . 6/24/2009
Caroline's really stepping into her new role here: defending Tavington at the ball reminds me of Katharina at the end of The Taming of the Shrew, when she has this long speech about wifely duty. Tavington would have to be favorably impressed by Caroline's words and actions. Maybe now she'll move from "captive " to "wife."
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 16 . 6/21/2009
I like Deborah Wilkins, too. And the advice she gives Caroline is very sound.