Reviews for Whiskey Forever
HermitKnut chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
This is wonderful! It's really very well written - you've got Topher and Paul's characters perfectly. Soo sad! :'(

It does explain quite a lot, too.

I think I'm going to take this as my own personal fanon from now on. :)

Hazel
mrsreynolds chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
This is such a great fanfic. I think what makes it so good is that you've taken elements of the episode and crafted a perfectly believable back story around it. And making Claire his sis rather than a romantic interest is actually way more poignant.

I'm also impressed by the way you've portrayed Topher, not just in nailing his speech patterns but in the way you've delved beneath his skin and exposed what could be underneath the childlike facade.
Poetheather1 chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
This was a really good exploration into the Topher/ Whiskey thing. It really uses some nuances in making it work and it seems as if you caught everything that was going on in the Episodes in question. Great read and great characterization.

Heather
HDavies chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
I liked it because it was well written and both the characters of Ballard and Topher were written exactly like them, however there is a plot problem - someone with brain damage couldn't be used as an active because even if you replaced their personality, their brain would still be damaged and they wouldn't be able to function. I know they have great technology but in the show they can't heal their actives, they have normal human bodies.

Just a thought. Keep writing though, you have a gift.
Winter Sapphire chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
Haha, seems we had similar ideas when it came to Topher/Dr. Saunders being siblings! :D I liked this, I liked your explanation for why she's a doll and why she can't go back. It makes a lot of sense! :) Great job!

-WS
otah chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Ooh, a very plausible explanation for Whiskey and Topher. Nice.
penikitty chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Love this! The angst of Topher is excellently written especially since we don't really see that side of him so a big well done! I'm really enjoying your writing, keep up the good work!
sweetlemongrass chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
What kind of ice cream? By the way, that was wonderful. An actual example of why I read fanfiction.
Miss-Frenchie chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
I just can't see the two as siblings. I've always thought of them as lovers, you know. Like he wanted her to hate him becase he couldn't stand being that close to his crush everyday and never being able to have her.

BTW, if anyone steals that bit I will sue you for all you have. That's right. I copyrighted this from this point on. June 10th 2009 8:42 Central Time. Deal with it!

lol, anyway well written story. Very well structured. I just thought I'd give my opinion. No harm intended.
Juajua chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Wonderful story! Seriously, I don't like the idea of them knowing each other from before, and even less the idea of them being brother and sister (can't see that happen from a million miles) but your story made me want it lol How weird is that?

You nailed the characters brillantly and I didn't think Ballard was that harsh... he's always like that, isn't it? What Topher said was great (every line of it) and your story is well told, well written, and it explains everything! And anyway, it was so full of drama, so Joss-like. I don't want Claire and Topher to be relatives, that would break my little shipper heart, but I certainly loved your story. Loved it!
Angel360-Devil0 chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Read this on LJ! Loved it, and I do have an account, I just don't like using my LJ account often...anyway, I wanted to say that Ballard was in character, but seriously uncool to Topher. "So what is it, you wanted this job so bad you threw your sister in as a signing bonus?". That hurt! I grimaced at the computer screen.

Onto other things. I like your take on the TopherxWhiskey relationship; I added it to the list of theories I'm compiling. Even though I'm partial to them being an item at one point, I could easily go with this.

Hope to see more of your writings in the future.