Reviews for What to do when Fatherhood is Imminent
Camelias17 chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Nice story, I kind of understand fugaku, I dont like baby showers either.
LonelyAsura chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Bahahahaha! Oh my, that was toooooo funny. The first line already had me cracking up :)
phantomgirl21 chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
That was REALLY REALLY GOOD! I LOVED it! _
RaawrImaDinosaur chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
awww so funny, loved it :) great job! :)
Ceri Moriarty chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Ah, poor Fugaku.

:) It's too much fun to torture the characters.
thedreadedlurgy chapter 1 . 10/18/2009

LOLOLOL!

That line had me cracking up SO bad!
Nanaki Lioness chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
"When Uchiha Fugaku was told that he would soon be a father, he bolted from the house with little intention of ever coming back."

Yes, that's quite a tempting reaction to such news I'm sure for any man! I love your Fugaku. He actually has a heart ;D
kattylin chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
love it! _
Akatsuki210 chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Aw, this is so sweet! It's hard to imagine the stern, stoic Fugaku we see in Sasuke's flashbacks as a nervous young dad-to-be, but you portray it very well. The ending is really bittersweet, because underneath the happiness of Itachi's birth is the sadness of knowing what he'll grow up to do. Overall, a great story!
ThePepperSheep chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
How sweet! This story is absolutly adorable. Fugaku does seem like the kind of guy to freak out about something like this - he could handle high ranked missions, but children - the horror!

My favorite line:

"And then, being hit with The News, the most important words he had ever heard someone say to him in his life. Abrupt and without warning. Like a slap in the face.

'I’m pregnant.'

Wham.

Just like that."

Priceless!
Fallen-Angel-Princess chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Omg this story is so good...I loved every bit of it...this is my first Fugaku and Mikoto fanfic
devotedtodreams chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
HOLY...!

*eyes nearly pop out of sockets*

*is speechless for quite a while, even after reading it for the second time*

...

What can I say? Skyward, now you've really done it. This is the first or only the second time that I've ever been confronted with this rare thought sneaking through my mind: Fugaku was - dare I say it? - kinda cute right there! Seriously; it's such a change to see him being all concerned (genuinely, might I add) and very caring, as opposed to the way we got to see him in the manga! And although he really isn't one of my favorite characters at all, a fic like this does make me appreciate him - and to make that happen, it has to delight me immensely!

You know, the way that you made him retreat to a branch to think the new situation over strongly reminds me in something I read in these books by Barbara & Allan Pease: that men climb up onto a rock of theirs to think something over. Only in this case, it was a branch instead of a rock. Anyway; I friggin' love those books, and things that remind me of them are bound to make me squeal with happiness! :D

I really loved this combo of concerned thoughts and the humorous air to it all. The flow was perfect too, as was everything else... an A is the least a teacher could give you for this!

"Oh, merciful lord above, what would his father say?" I must say, that part in particular really cracked me up. I guess now we know where Fugaku got his future attitude from - Fugato sure doesn't sound like a pleasant man at all. And aw, the bit about how Mikoto saved the day with that little lie - and Fugaku proposed to her right away afterwards! That was an awesomely great touch too! You're such a genius with stuff like that...!

And little Itachi in the end! SO kawaii! I tell you, that had me spazzing all over the place! Lol, now it surely would be interesting to know it went on after Fugaku was told that Mikoto was pregnant again... ;)

And holy cow, Mikoto was a Jounin in canon? O.O Wouldn't have guessed that, either. I mean, it's clear that she had ninja skills of some sort (we do remember her asking Sasuke if she should train after he came home on the day of the massacre), but a Jounin? I really didn't see that coming. Oh well; all the more proof that Mikoto really was kick-ass awesome, not only as a mother! _

Amazing work as usual. How I envy you for all those plot bunnies you keep getting, in addition to you always finding the time to write such high-quality fics... all I can say is: keep 'em coming. It's always a pleasure to read something you wrote!

Lots o' love,

~dd
Cherry Blossom Haiku chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
dude, thats freakin awesome.

I wish my parents will like Mikoto's. If I have pre engagement sex, I'll be disowned.