Reviews for Secret Gifts
LenaLove95 chapter 1 . 2/20
That was so cute! I loved it!
SarahKnight chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
I really enjoyed this bizarre story. Good plot. I laughed out loud every time I read the "Duke's Duck" haha! Thanks.
Liliththestormgoddess chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
I adored this! Very cool idea. I love your stories; the more bizarre they are the better! Such a refreshing change of scenery to what you normally find.

Lily
Major Trouble chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
This doctor really amuses me. “He's never going to pull this off.” And from the beginning, in the lobby, so far I have to agree with him. "I'm royalty.. sort of…"

Guess the bar wasn’t much better. I love how the droid used the full name every single time he brought it up.

“"If he's an Alderaanian, I'm a Hutt," Tycho informed Gavin.

"I've always thought you had a family resemblance to Jabba," Gavin answered with a straight face.” Your stories are pure gold, I swear. PURE FREAKING GOLD.

"Maybe when I find him, I can talk him into training as a Jedi." Perhaps not as easily as you might hope, Master Skywalker.

“"You're kidding, right? Surely you don't think I'm going to marry a total stranger that's trying to win my affections with presents!"

"Are we talking about Isolder?" Luke asked, then hurried out of the apartment before Leia could hurt him.” This is another of those ‘holy shit Luke is pretty awesome’ moments.

“It was fun intimidating people, especially sullen teenage boys.” Scaring the shit out of people is my favorite past time! If only I were as good at it as H- Kaset.

"You're Alderaanian?"

"Why does everyone doubt me when I say that?"

"Because it's not true?"

"I don't go much for hokey religions." Is he *trying* to get caught? MUST FIND OUT. *reads on* Anyway, as for ‘Tell me that doesn't sound like Han.’… why didn’t Luke mention that that’s exactly what Han called it at least once before?

“It's just like all these strangers that claim to be our mother, and some of them aren't even human.”

Wow, Han really is terrible at this. Were he not in such a rush, maybe he could actually pull it off convincingly. Oh, Han… Like this: "I think he made up that name the second I asked him, and that was the first thing that came to his mind." Some cover ID you’ve got there, buddy. Recognizing Chewie, understanding him, calling Leia Leia… ouch.

““Maybe this body required dark, wavy hair to be Force-powerful."

"You may be onto something," Luke agreed.” Too funny.

“"I don't have to come along on this folly, do I?" Threepio asked in horror.

"If I have to go, so do you," Leia told the droid.” Poor 3PO D: Haha and Leia

"He's not here," Han replied, looking pointedly around the hall. "So he must be somewhere else."

I had COPL once again flashbacks when he took off while she was in the fresher… I’ve only read about half the book, but it still made me think of it, since he’s kidnapping her.

"I'm impressed, Princess, really I am… but I can't believe that snooty Prince you claim you're engaged to would appreciate the refined art of swearing."

The whole exchange between Luke and Chewie in the hangar was great! I re-read it and can’t get over that last line from Chewie about Han’s common sense and self-restraint. Han and Leia on the ship was pretty entertaining too. Even if I wasn’t reading these stories at midnight I’d be in love with them. "I'm not going to take your innocence, sweetheart. I'd say there's pretty clear evidence I already did that." The card game banter was pretty good too, even if the Princess is less likely to gamble than the stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder.

"I can't explain it, but somehow the Force left Han."

*Do you blame it?*

Yes, because Hoth is soooo romantic. XD

*I think he's fainted.* Chewie, what was your first clue?

I love how you had Han remember the exact odds, and Leia used the ‘don’t have to impress me’ line. His idiocy concerning her due date was amusing, too.

“"No," Han said, feigning disbelief.” I said that over and over again, in all sorts of different ways, to get the same point across. It was a fun waste of time.

“The Corellian groaned in frustration and Leia burst into laughter.” It’s okay, Leia, so did I.

Han Trouble Solo. Makes me think of Trouble Kelp. He was a Captain at one point too. (Admittedly now he’s a Commander. And his eyes are purple.)

“"Why didn't you say that earlier?"

"I was busy."” This scene made me wonder what my cousin’s kid’s name is. He’s just over a day old and last I checked they hadn’t named him yet. And the mom looked freakin’ perfect. Like she’d just gotten up and showered and put on her makeup, even though it was over twelve hours since she’d given birth and she hadn’t done any of the above.

Every freakin’ time I see the word ‘Corellia’ I have to say (outloud) ‘Corellian’ like Han does in the cantina, so that I can pronounce Corellia correctly.

Holy Sith I leave you some really long freaking reviews.
staryllia chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
wow, this was brilliant. with a happy ending, even better. loved it!
Zyra M chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
It is a crime that this story doesn't have more reviews. I also remember reading this one elsewhere but wanted to review it here. Very interesting premise, and I can definitely see Han doing something like that to prevent Leia from hurting once he knows it's over. But so glad that you were able to bring him back!
Jedi1952 chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Wow, what yet another terrfic story from the GreatOne! I really enjoyed it from beginning to end. Thank you so much for sharing this with us all.

Sue..aka Jedi1952