Reviews for Superwomen of Eva 2: Hunter's Legacy
Jimbob86 chapter 6 . 4/21/2013
I have to say this is probably one of your stories I'm the most curious about what you plan to do with. Unfortunately it seems to be the one you update the least, which based on your comments I'm assuming is because you're not all that familiar with the source material which is perfectly understandable.

Still giving your "love" for Asuka, one would think you'd be itching to have the one heroine that could match Powergirl Asuka knock her down a few pegs.
Zaralann chapter 6 . 11/20/2012
Nice chapter!
TURP chapter 6 . 6/11/2012
shits hittin the fan. and action is kicking up... hope to see more of this.
Wolfpackersson09 chapter 6 . 1/31/2012
I really enjoy the Superwomen of Eva fics and I must say that this is enjoyable. I've read the chapters and actually enjoy the fact that you are trying to get by with a character that you don't like(Asuka) and do her justice and every other character. I certainly hope to see more in the future and Hikari isn't a major character in Eva. I haven't watched the series in a long while and have seen the End of Evangelion/third impact incident. I'm guessing, or at least wonder, that Asuka as Supergirl and Hikari as Martian Manhuntress will team up and know each other's secrets. Shinji's good at keeping secrets anyway and there's also the fact that alien chicks should stick together.
Rassilon001 chapter 6 . 10/22/2011
And so we come to the Martian Huntress’ debut, which was long in coming. Sure, dodging and duping college jerks and skanks is fun and all, but this story needed her to make a dynamic entry into the world of super-hero-ine-ing. Or something. And I suppose a trip into the minds of the MAGI to battle an Angel is good enough. I love the mindscape of the three supercomputers, it’s definitely fitting with their personalities. I can only imagine how Balthazar and Casper would’ve looked like up close.

Methinks she needs more mundane threats to handle though, and maybe a reason to take up the name Huntress (although Miss Martian certainly works too). Maybe some white martians need to start infiltrating NERV. Or even the three Hikari schools. Then should start working on “hunt”ing them down, eh?

Then again I've been waiting on a new chapter for this story for a while now, I guess you've moved on to better things, eh?
Ryuus2 chapter 6 . 9/7/2011
So SoE2 isn't a sequel series, but a second universe based on DC? That was completely not what I was expecting at all. ...I must have more. Who else is writing for SoE2?

Hikari has now entered the mindscape of computers, aka the datascape. Yeah, OK, I can definitely understand why this chapter gave you hell. Even if this is the most inventive way of revealing anyone’s latent telepathy ever, it definitely doesn't make her introduction as an active SoE any easier.

I like how the Angel recognized Hikari as a Martian, it leaves a lot of play for an expanded history, and I really cannot say how much I love that aspect of a story. It expands the universe into something truly unique and really helps fill out the world of the story into just that: a world.

I really like the family interaction and the spin it puts on everything, but can't wait to see Hikari's reintroduction into the main cast and all of the complications involved in adapting her new abilities to the stress of her old life. Also, the Martian Manhunter being the near equal to Superman, I really want to see her punch out an Angel ;D

I don't know what it is about your stories that gets me to ponder why you treat Asuka as you do, but I just can't help but wonder what it would take to break through her ego early enough to make a real difference in her character and interactions. And here's my latest one: for much of the series, Asuka doesn't know pain. Now, don't misunderstand, she has a strong memory of the ultimate emotional pain, and she has suffered minor wounds in battle, but she never experienced the mind wrenching pain of her Eva being ripped apart or otherwise destroyed like Shinji and Rei experienced frequently from the start, not until Zeruel sliced off Unit 02's arms. I might be wrong about that, it being a long time since I watched the show. I'm just saying that maybe she'd be less superior if perhaps Gaghiel bit off an arm, or Israfel did more than bury her upside down, just to give her an understanding of how, well, human she really is.

On the topic of Asuka, whose bright idea was it to make her Powergirl? I can't help but be reminded of Ranma stories where Akane with a power-up kills someone or otherwise causes permanent bodily harm. I'm seriously starting to wonder if Yui didn't secretly modify him to have angelic healing, just in case of something like this.

As another aside, with there now being two SoE universes, will the girls be interacting with themselves in the omakes? I can see Martian Girl and Spirit teaming up to break up a bitch fight between Powergirl and Ghost Rider.

Keep up the great work!
animefan29 chapter 6 . 8/8/2010
Well I can say I am looking forward to the explanation of how Hikari got in there. Well at least its easily plausible to me since the Magi are techno-organic computers, though I don't understand if they have actual brain tissue inside them or if they are simply designed after human brains. Or its also possible that you can change things around so that the combination of half-human and half-martian DNA has given Hikari mental abilities not known to regular martians, such as technopathy the ability to interface with machines. Though for some reason I don't really see you doing that. Anyway good chapter.
Zoro50 chapter 6 . 8/4/2010
The Good: I think this chapter was well served by not having Asuka and Shinji in it. I'm much more interested in the Horaki's (and those that are important to her) being the main cast and the others staying in the background somewhat.

The Bad: Though I like the increase in action I didn't really like the way you went about it. Iruel was probably not the best angel to start HIkari's adventures with. The whole dreamscape thing would probably have been better served after a couple of scene's woth Hikari using her superpowers in some way.

The Other: I keep waiting for Hikari's dad to make another appearence. I imagine him taking an Aunt May type roll. Never quite sure why he is being kidnapped/targeted but also a bit wise as well. Good luck and good writing!
Mike313 chapter 6 . 8/3/2010
You know, when that eye first appeared in Hikari's dream, I thought for a moment that you'd dug deeply enough into the Martian Manhunter's mythos to unbury H'Ronmeer's obscure rear end. But this is probably better, and it's certainly very interesting. Seems like the Martians had their own Angel problem and beat at least a few of them. Pity that means they have an axe to grind with Hikari as a result now, though.

Having her be suddenly pulled into some sort of telepathic/out of body experience and then into the MAGI was a little out there, but it's also interesting. I've just noticed that you picked a rather odd spot in the timeline for Hikari to get her powers, given how difficult it can be to engineer cool fights between most of the superwomen and the 11th or 12th Angels. Any particular reason you powered Hikari up at this point?

I liked how Hikari picked Kodama up and shook her. It was funny, and it was a good way to illustrate that the class rep is rapidly going from sick and weak to super powerful. Though, Hikari did come off as kind of a grouch with her sisters. I hope that's just because of all the stress and everything.

I also like how she's thinking about using her new shapeshifting powers to change her appearance for cosmetic purposes. Did I give you that idea? I vaguely recall mentioning it to you, but I'm not sure.

All in all, I wish this chapter had been longer.

Oh, and I brought up the bit with Asuka dragging Shinji with her because the only reason I could think of for her to do that was because on some level she really does like having him around, if you catch my meaning, but with you the one doing the writing, I had pretty much discounted the idea.
Quathis chapter 6 . 8/3/2010
Very cool battle going on, well, not for Hikari so much but for the readers it's interesting to see a telepath get sucked into a biocomputer. Not something that happens too often.

And as for what Asuka's respect of Hikari says about them, I think it means that like Hikari's sisters, Asuka sees Hikari in a maternal role that none of the other women fill (I like Misato, but she doesn't act too much like a mom, more of a best friend). Something in Asuka wants a mother who'll put her in her place. That and Hikari's nice to everyone in a non-passive manner.

Until next time.
Belthasar chapter 6 . 8/3/2010
Very nice chapter, though it's not as long as usual and it's kind of annoying that it ended where it did. Still, you did a good job.
Rassilon001 chapter 5 . 6/13/2010
So, our favorite martian lives on, inhabiting the body of an unlikely school girl thanks to (you guessed it) a freak lab accident. Not the most unique superhero origins but I enjoyed it all the same.

Now having her sisters find out right from the start, that’s a bit more unique, at least in your Superwomen series. So the Hikari Huntress has partners-in-crime. Or sidekicks. Not the best and brightest available but they certainly seem to make do.

I must say, I really, really hated Yukari and Shiro. Now, obviously we’re meant to, they’re villains, but they’re just so... I dunno, ugh. Selfish and self-centered. I HATE people like that. And Yukari, at least, was just a bit frightening in her methodology. Hit ‘em where it hurts. I was very scared for Hikari. Oh if only she had a real reason, not some pompous, airheaded “they like her better than me” attitude. I suspect if this story were to continue we’d see more of them.

Oreos. Classic! I loved it. Making sugar a catalyst for martian transformation made much more in-story sense than simply having her getting a comic-inspired craving. Very nicely played.

This story certainly could’ve gone on.
Ryousanki chapter 5 . 3/10/2010
Hmm, i guess she could use extremely dextrose enriched milk/water or some kind of syrup or nutrition-bars. There are more then enough way's to consume sugar without anyone noticing. That Chapter rocked, i'd like to know what role Shiro and Yukari are going to play.

Keep it up!

Ryousanki
Zoro50 chapter 5 . 3/7/2010
Well I am definitely glad that the story seems to bne moving out of the discovering powers into the "I have powers and can use them phase" I guess now all we need is a super-villain to take the stage.

I imagine Yukari will probably amount to nothing more than an annoyance ala Flash Thompson in the spidey comics. Its also interesting that the issue of shipping is refreshingly absent from this story so far. The concentration instead on the Horaki family is pretty cool.

Keep up the good work!
animefan29 chapter 5 . 3/6/2010
So her powers are weak because she's still changing. Well kudos to the scifi realism.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »