Reviews for At a Crossroad
Truckee Gal chapter 1 . 5/2
Oh it was pure pleasure and fun reading this story! Rhett is required to word his questions very carefully when trying to draw information out of Scarlett. Once she's lost in reminiscing, though, it's sweet that he must struggle to not interrupt her since she reveals far more than he could ask. It serves Rhett right to painfully envision what would happen to Scarlett, her sisters and Melly, if Scarlett wasn't sufficiently brave and angry to take action. Had he not deserted her at Rough 'n Ready, she wouldn't have changed so dramatically from the young widow he befriended during the War. He also would have time to woo her with Ashley away and captured. Rhett's final two sentences were inspired! He had Scarlett and I in gales of (silent) laughter. In addition to commending your storytelling talent, your attention to the technicalities (spelling, punctuation, spacing, etc.) is much appreciated because it keeps me glued to your tale.
safayi chapter 1 . 7/9/2017
Such a sweet story. I'm glad Rhett will always be left wondering.
Moonflower26 chapter 1 . 12/29/2016
I think MM hrrself wouldn't have written this scene better.
gumper chapter 1 . 5/21/2016
Just love this addition to one of my favorite scenes/timeframes in the book - Thanks so much!
Cleophee chapter 1 . 4/26/2016
I really really love and enjoy your story. This is so well written and you catch the characters perfectly.
Twilighternproud chapter 1 . 3/15/2015
Loveee itt hahahha hilariousss
VanessaHolliday chapter 1 . 1/17/2015
This ff is *PERFECT* from beginning to end. Spot-on characterizations, brillant dialogue, beautiful prose. Love how Rhett is so protective of her - cking to see she has the gun w her, having his Yankee 'friends' shadow her travels to the mill when he is out of town, buying her a expensive new horse that is easier to control. Love: how she inadvertently slips about the Yankee horse; how she misreads his sarcasm & admits she killed the Yankee (Never understood why MM didnt write scene w R finding out S had to kill the Yankee - you plugged a hole in canon that gives R more knowledge of what S went thru so he could understand better what she does); his inner guilt/torment in the army after leaving her R&R (imagining her dead or raped); his absolving her of her ingrained Catholic guilt for murder; his thoughts when he holds her callused hand
Haha! Love Rhett's reference to Richard's my kingdomk for a horse. Very clever how you subtly weave Rhett's knowledge of literature through his conversation and thoughts.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/1/2014
still one of the greatest stories on this fandom. I don't think many writers understand Scarlett and Rhett as well as you do.
Little Gem Magnolia chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
Very nice fic. I liked getting into Rhett's head and seeing his conflicting emotions, even if I don't appreciate his character very much. You seemed to portray him pretty accurately; nicely done.
justincbenedict chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
This is really good! I can't get sick of "Gone With the Wind" fanfic when it's written this well.
sacredheart11 chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Beautiful :)
HelenSES chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Just discovered this and adored it. Spot on, beautifully written and well...just absolutely perfect. LOVED IT! Thank you for giving us this gem!
wildchild7 chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
Very well done! I loved it!
Li'l Milk Glass Chicky chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
I really, REALLY wished Rhett discovering Scarlett's killing the yankee had been in the book, but I do believe this provided me a great deal of satisfaction, it seems so much like Margaret Mitchell's tone. Not boring at all. I loved getting a nice glimpse of Rhett's inner thoughts, his guilt at leaving Scarlett despite her becoming stronger from it (becoming too harsh from dealing with so much), how thoughts of her drove him on during his fighting in the remainder of the war...all of it, top notch.
its Alica chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Just reread this story in my quest to catalog everything, and I must say this is such a wonderful story... it so well done and believable and I love the details you brought in...oh now here I am gushing... but I love it. So glad that I took the time to reread it!