Reviews for Crossing the Siegfried line
outathegame chapter 6 . 11/9/2009
Another joy, to read, Max. It's entertaining, and I am enjoying how you've developed the characters of Caroline and Majorie; and, of course, time devoted to beloved Siegfried is always appreciated! As I've said before as well, your English is very good and immensely readable.
Derannimer chapter 6 . 11/7/2009
I'm still loving this. I particularly appreciate the fact that you haven't taken the easy way out, and simply made Caroline a bitch. You're being very fair to all the characters, and that really makes their situation more multi-dimensional, and more interesting. Although I'm starting to wonder how in Heaven's name these two are ever going to get together, if they even are... Siegfried's children alone are a practically insuperable objection to a divorce... the plot has definitely thickened!

I would be willing to beta future chapters for you. This is a serious offer. There's so little ACGAS fanfic out there, and as I said in my review of chapter one, this story is basically the story I've been waiting to read ever since I met Marjorie in the show. I'd be honoured to help you in any way I can, and even though I can't write, I can edit. If you want me to confine myself to correcting your English, I can do that; if you want someone to Britpick, or to suggest alternative phrasings, I'd be happy to do that too. Anything you want. If you're at all interested, get back to me; I've logged in this time so you can contact me if you like. Either way, all the best, many thanks, and update soon!
Derannimer chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Hurrah! You absolutely wonderful woman! At last someone's written Siegfried/Marjorie; I'd have done it myself years ago if I could write, but since I can't, I've had to wait — for this fic, it turns out. So far it's marvelous. Everyone's in character, and you've got the time period right, and you've even got all the farmers etc. It's like watching the episode that never got made. )
outathegame chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
Ah, finally, Max, the story continues! You've obviously spent a lot of time dissecting the relationship between SF and Caroline, and I'm glad that you show both parties somewhat at fault instead of putting it all on one person or the other (although I still don't like Caroline!). A nice piece of work!
PaperRae chapter 4 . 7/5/2009
I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed these first four chapters of Crossing the Siegfried Line. I had only just finished the Herriot stories when I found your own. It's such a pleasure to slip from Herriot's tales to your adult glimpse of his world. Very gracefully written. Thank you. And I'm passionately in love with Siegfried, of course, so please hurry with a new installment!
Univarius chapter 4 . 7/3/2009
I'm really enjoying this story. The way in which you have chosen different viewpoints from which to explore the story works very well. Your characterization is also very good.

I have to admit that I have never liked Caroline, but I found her a sympathetic character in chapter four.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
outathegame chapter 4 . 6/22/2009
:)You really get into everyone's thoughts, and I love the story, even though Caroline makes me cringe. Of course, that's the mark of a good writer; they can make you like, or dislike, a character, and yet understand them at the same time. Nice work, Max!
Bluemoon chapter 3 . 6/19/2009
This is really good! Loved the chapter with Tristan mainly cos he is my favourite character! Love the scenes between Tristan and Siegfried! Hope you update more soon ;)
outathegame chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Wonderfully done. A fresh storyline, with lots of thought and care given to characters, descriptions, and details. Who doesn't love a story revolving around Siegfried Farnon? Waiting for more...