Reviews for Vaccine
LunaMarr chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Wow. The word usage here is astounding, the details wonderful.
MissBliss8527 chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
You know Jervis Tetch? The Mad Hatter? One of my favourite villains. Scarecrow is the other. Slaughtering time. Jervis would not like that. He and Time used to be good friends, you see.
Twitchylicious chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Phenomenal. I envy you. Your writing is always so beautiful.
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
I remember that watch, it seemed almost made for Scarecrow. And then Batman destroyed it. The jerk.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Very interesting story. It's short but still holds a lot of intense imagery.

The writing itself is somewhat morbid. I love the descriptions of the watch. It's simply an ordinary, antique watch, but the way you describe it gives it sort of a soul and personality of its own. It can almost be seen as a comparison to Jonathan himself.

The language is beautiful. It's dark and full of emotion. The vocabulary is vast. My favorite line is, "Scarecrow watched his grinning, ticking skeleton slaughter time and understood that their pattern could not change." That description is brilliant. The watch "slaughtering time" is one of the best ways I've seen that written and it really adds to the mood of the story, as well as Jonathan's character.

Lovely story. You have talent when it comes to displaying emotion through description. Awesome work.
P'tfami chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
Very introspective piece on Crane's thinking despite its short length.

It's quite dark though, quite unlike the way he is portrayed in the comics and BTAS, viz, all self righteous indignation and misplaced pride and therefore adding comedic value.(bit ironic since he so dearly wants to be taken seriously)

On a last note, the line "And that sawing, swinging reaper steadily slashing away seconds.." is a really good piece of alliteration. Bravo! :)
fishbunny chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
This was absolutely perfect. It's hard to get Jonathan's character just right, but you seem to have done it. Too often is he only portrayed as dark and morbid, but I believe this couldn't be farther from the truth. Curiosity (and this is a quote by him, I believe), is the first sign towards genius. This was short and direct and I loved it.