Reviews for Harry Potter and the Veela Life Debts
warrof chapter 7 . 9/15
Umm, harry bonded with gabby at the second task... Ny then Hermione had already received her negative letters including the pus... How the hell does Harry not know what it is?
heffronma5 chapter 28 . 9/12
You said you were back but it has been 21 months since you have written anything towards this wonderful story. PLEASE write the next chapter really soon.
Atomix330 chapter 28 . 8/17
I'll give a follow just in case this story is ever resurrected. It's really good. I look forward to more. Hopefully.
Currahee506 chapter 28 . 7/23
Damn poor ron
Vangran chapter 19 . 6/25
Go Stargate go!
could you update I have been waiting for a long time for the next chapter
CMVreud chapter 28 . 3/9
Well, you sure have a thing for cliffhangers.
CMVreud chapter 21 . 3/8
Quite shocking, old chap. But a bloody fine cliffy.
CMVreud chapter 10 . 3/7
As for Lord Imb├ęcile, y'know, Malfoy was, as stated in another fic, french for 'wrong hole'.
Just thought ya' know.
CMVreud chapter 8 . 3/7
I just hope the bonds aren't as transferable as "by the blood" as whatever Lily did for Harrys protection.
gohan21 chapter 1 . 2/28
please continue writing it's a good story
RykOakwine chapter 16 . 1/26
The Beauxbatons Champion dropped her wand AND fainted in a life or death situation.

The Dementors jumped them all and got that close before anyone could do anything?

And Fleur not only incompetently dropped her wand, she FAINTED.

Um, is this *supposed* to be a Fleur bash fic?
RykOakwine chapter 14 . 1/26
So far this story is entertaining, the writing style is good, the author does a decent job of making the scenes move.

This chapter brings one flaw in the author's storytelling to a crisis, imo.

In a story which is about Harry and his life bond with two sex toys/witches (yes, the genre says adventure romance, but the reader is here for the romance) the author is making the (very common) error of thinking the reader is here for information about Harry's pistol marksmanship or Fleur's security detail.

It's terribly tempting to include the stuff you spent so much time researching, such as jogging routes and a reasonable training regimen for a 15 year old Harry. Very very tempting. And you *should* include it, as *flsvoring*. And only flavoring.

In this chapter we start off with Harry and Gabriel, the morning after Harry and Gabriel lose their individual virginities. A momentous occasion for anyone and certainly for an unloved teenager who'd never even kissed a girl before this summer.

Harry spends less time on that subject the he spends on hand to hand combat.

He knows Fleur is going to experience something over the bond. Does he talk to her before? After? He doesn't even greet her at breakfast the next morning.

Does Gabriel talk to her the next morning? No. She talked to her the night before, in a remarkably cold conversation on both sides.

Fleur "I'll get out of the way, I'm not ready."
Gabrielle "Okay, see ya!"

Does the author really mean to tell us his characters are really so cold and casual? That Harry isn't dwelling on the sex all day? That no one made very sure Fleur knew she was still loved?

But the author gets caught up in writing about the stuff that's only supposed to be flavor and omits the bones of the chapter in his haste to talk about the flavor.

Someone advised me once about a similar issue with my Sekirei story. He told me your readers aren't here for the detailed plans for avoiding MBI's security or for long discussions about how hard it is to rent an apartment in Tokyo. Lots of them are skimming that stuff and if it's multiple paragraphs they'll soon realize they are skimming your whole story. They're looking for the next part about your characters relationship (you'd better hope that's what they are there for) and maybe the part that actually advances the plot.

I started playing attention to my own reading and realized he was right.

This chapter is all flavor, with only a smidgen of what matters. The initial thoughts from Harry about last night. The physical reaction to Tonks (though grossly out of place, he just boned a VEELA the night before in his firs ever, he's not eyeballing Tonks the next morning, unless he's a world class cad). The final cliffie with the phone call.

Those are the entirety of what matters in the whole chapter.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the author isn't working from an outline of his story. If he was, he'd be more likely to notice "well crap, only three plot points, I should add some more or fill in some more dialogue at least with Fleur..."

Good story so far, but this issue got critical in this chapter, so thought I'd toss a floatation device at least. :)

Now, off to the next chapter!
over a year has gone by please update
Guest chapter 28 . 12/30/2014
could you update it has been a year and I would like to read another chapter
1,439 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »